Youth training facilities (RFFF)

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

You're being a bit pissy mate. I think it's already been mentioned that the main point of the development was the changing facilities and classroom, not the seated stand. It may not be your personal choice for where the money was spent, but I just can't fathom why anyone would think that better facilities at Auchenhowie coule be deemed a waste of money.

If better facilities were that much of a priority and given that the total cost is only circa 750K (a drop in the ocean in the bigger scheme of things) - then why didn't the club provide the funding sooner?

A fucking stitch up from day one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

You're being a bit pissy mate. I think it's already been mentioned that the main point of the development was the changing facilities and classroom, not the seated stand. It may not be your personal choice for where the money was spent, but I just can't fathom why anyone would think that better facilities at Auchenhowie coule be deemed a waste of money.

They could save a lot of the money if they ditched the grandstand element.  We have other far more demanding priorities for that money.  Don't "mate "me along with saying I'm being pissy because you are clearly being disingenuous.    If you think that half a million being spent on this farce is money well spent for us at this time then you are in serious need of some help.  The stadium needs money spent, Edmiston House needs money spent, the team needs money spent and we need to spend to get a new manager in.  All that but you think a wee grandstand at Auchenhowie is the way to go.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Think there's been a couple of hundred at Ibrox when they play.

That’s Ibrox mate they never get big crowds at the training ground even the celtic games are usually a guest list with a dozen to 20 allowed in from each side 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

They could save a lot of the money if they ditched the grandstand element.  We have other far more demanding priorities for that money.  Don't "mate "me along with saying I'm being pissy because you are clearly being disingenuous.    If you think that half a million being spent on this farce is money well spent for us at this time then you are in serious need of some help.  The stadium needs money spent, Edmiston House needs money spent, the team needs money spent and we need to spend to get a new manager in.  All that and but you think a wee grandstand at Auchenhowie is the way to go.

Edmiston house is a fucking disaster zone and quite frankly should probably be razed. However,  I genuinely do agree that there are other parts of the stadium where the money could have been spent in improvements. However, a decision was made and I don't think it's an altogether terrible one, mate.

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

Elaborate please, and I sincerely hope you're not just going to come back at me with conjecture.

The cat was let out the bag in a previous statement, from an unnamed RFFF spokesman:

'We always wanted to support the club's Academy and this is exactly what we are doing.'

There is other stuff to allude to the fact, but trust me - this was on the  cards long before it became public. That's why the fans weren't polled on what to do with the money - it was already earmarked.

10 minutes ago, FSM said:

Edmiston house is a fucking disaster zone and quite frankly should probably be razed. However,  I genuinely do agree that there are other parts of the stadium where the money could have been spent in improvements. However, a decision was made and I don't think it's an altogether terrible one, mate.

:winnings:

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The cat was let out the bag in a previous statement, from an unnamed RFFF spokesman:

There is other stuff to allude to the fact, but trust me - this was on the  cards long before it became public. That's why the fans weren't polled on what to do with the money - it was already earmarked.

And?

The club maybe indicated in advance that they wanted this and so the RFFF fund bought it. I don't see your point. How does this make it a bad purchase?

22 minutes ago, FSM said:

And?

The club maybe indicated in advance that they wanted this and so the RFFF fund bought it. I don't see your point. How does this make it a bad purchase?

If it was such a necessity, then the club would have funded it moons ago - why wait till now and use the RFFF monies?

28 minutes ago, FSM said:

And?

Fans donations funding club projects that the guys in charge should be making budget for without consent (despite saying they would consent) is pretty big to be honest 

7 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

If it was such a necessity, then the club would have funded it moons ago - why wait till now and use the RFFF monies?

You're still missing my point. RFFF go to the club asking what might be useful to them, club make suggestions and RFFF pick one. It's not about 'necessity', it's about giving the club something they don't have which will be useful to them and have some kind of legacy.