Youth training facilities (RFFF)

58 minutes ago, FSM said:

They could have used the money to cure cancer and still people would find reasons to moan that there was better uses for the money. I think we all know the moans are little to do with what was actually done with the money and more to do with the usual personal petty grievances against the guys who ran the fund.

Why would folk give money to the Rfff then accept it being used for cancer research? :craphead:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FSM said:

What about the guys who gave money but are not ST holders? Would they not be a bit cheesed off at not getting a say?

Besides, would the club be allowed to hand over ST holder info to a 3rd party without consent?

Maybe you should be asking the committee that runs the fund why a detailed record of all contributions wasn’t kept, along with detailed accounts. 

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe you should be asking the committee that runs the fund why a detailed record of all contributions wasn’t kept, along with detailed accounts. 

I'm sure whatever answer they gave, it wouldn't be believed by you.

20 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The stand is costing more too.

In my old work there was an out-building I took care of that was a little smaller than ED House but not that much. 

It was getting renovated into offices about 3-years ago to let for companies and it had a big asbestos problem - it cost just over 100k to fix and was done in about 4-weeks - I know the cost because I had to process the invoices for it.

The 500k in the fighting fund pot might have sorted the damp and asbestos in a building that size IMO just going on comparing the building I mentioned but I don't think it would have even been explored.

This would have been a better idea as a money-making income for the club, which might have paid for the stand anyway with the profits if we managed things right? 

Fuck sake, seems we can’t do anything right on or off the park.

12 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Fuck sake, seems we can’t do anything right on or off the park.

Don't get me wrong mate I'm not an asbestos expert or builder, it's just me thinking out loud because I dealt with a similar building with similar problems recently. 

On 07/12/2017 at 13:49, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Screenshot_20171207-134918.png

Screenshot_20171207-134829.png

Having some experience of these types of builds they are no more than glorified portacabins,  how the costs are justified will be a thing of wonder.

Would have been better if the authorities had looked at the whole RFFF fiasco before people started giving its money away,well what's left of it.

19th February 2016

THE Rangers Fans Fighting Fund have revealed plans to provide £450,000 to build a 264-seater stand at Murray Park.The Fund was set up in 2012 and given backing from a host of Ibrox legends as supporters stepped up to help their club. A range of ideas have been considered over how best to use the significant sum that remains and the Committee have now put forward a proposal that could see a stand and changing facilities built at the Light Blues’ Auchenhowie base.

Fans will have a chance to see the plans in more detail at a meeting at Ibrox on Monday, February 29 and supporters will have a say in how the money is utilised.

A statement read: “The RFFF Committee, like the majority of supporters, are keen to support the club’s youth department and the creation of this new facility overlooking the main youth pitch would be of great benefit to the Academy and provide a permanent tribute to the fans worldwide who have donated to the Fighting Fund in the past four years.

“We have held informal talks with the club about our proposal and they are fully supportive. “There is no doubt Rangers is now in the hands of shareholders who genuinely have the best interests of the club at heart so the RFFF Committee believes the time is right to invest our funds. “The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund was launched by Ibrox legends Walter Smith and Sandy Jardine in 2012 to help safeguard and protect the club's future and assets. “We now believe we are on the correct path, Rangers is heading in the right direction with good people controlling the club so the Committee believes this project would be an appropriate way to utilise our funds“It is important to stress, however, that this money was donated in good faith by supporters and while the Committee agrees this project would be the best way forward it is ultimately down to the fans to decide. “The RFFF is in no doubt, though, that this is the best way forward and we urge the fanbase to back this idea.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/14289607.Rangers_Fans_Fighting_Fund_proposes___450_000_Murray_Park_stand_development/

7 hours ago, backup said:

So, why didn't fans get to decide,also I believe RFFF wasn't even registered at all.

They didn't have a constitution so the funds were lodged with the Assembly, but due to how the Assembly was originally constructed then it was in a non-interest bearing account (but that could be due to legalities).

On 15/12/2017 at 09:32, FSM said:

I'm fairly sure I read that other options were looked at for the money, including a museum. I don't know the reasons they were not pursued, maybe they required more money than the RFFF had, or just weren't viable for other reasons. Describing it as a 'small grandstand' is a bit facetious, they're building a large seated/covered viewing stand with youth changing and education facilities. Not exactly the worst thing the money could have been spent on, but everyone will have their own opinion I suppose.

How is describing a small grandstand as a small grandstand facetious?  I wasn't being even slightly flippant.  It will apparently hold about 250 seats or thereabouts.  That is a small grandstand.  Yes there will be some changing facilities underneath but effectively it will be a useless small grandstand.

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

How is describing a small grandstand as a small grandstand facetious?  I wasn't being even slightly flippant.  It will apparently hold about 250 seats or thereabouts.  That is a small grandstand.  Yes there will be some changing facilities underneath but effectively it will be a useless small grandstand.

Useless? How do you arrive at that conclusion?

Just now, K.A.I said:

I’ve not been to a youth game at Auchenhowie in maybe 18 months but when I was going regular you maybe only had about 20 Rangers spectators on average mostly parents 

maybe things have changed since then, though 

Maybe more will attend now they are guaranteed a comfy seat and a roof over their head.

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think so.  

You're being a bit pissy mate. I think it's already been mentioned that the main point of the development was the changing facilities and classroom, not the seated stand. It may not be your personal choice for where the money was spent, but I just can't fathom why anyone would think that better facilities at Auchenhowie could  be deemed a waste of money.