SPFL Matters

Just wondered if anyone has caught this on sky yet? To be fair to Boyd and Commons they’re not too bad in terms of their knowledge and Commons is fair for an ex tarrier but fuck me does this programme highlight the dearth of money Sky are willing to put into Scottish football! 

Its literally these two stood in an office in front of a tv screen with their hands in their pockets chatting! So rascal. Anyway back in our little box so they can focus on the superb, amazing, incredulous EPL... 

Flogging a dead horse comes to mind..... the passion and love we have for our club and the hatred of it from supporters from the rest of clubs is the only thing keeping it relevant in the news....the standard is the worse ever there's no money and absolutely no positive outlook for the future of the game while the clowns that currently run it are in charge...

On 09/12/2017 at 06:07, Thewhitesettler said:

The SPFL, obviously, doesn't matter to SKY, cause they'd put more money into it if it did really matter.

Is the programme title "SPFL MATTERS?" Or SPFL MATTERS.

The boat sailed on Sky caring about Scottish football many years ago

When we had greedy beggars in charge and punted the business to Sentanta from Ireland 

We lost millions for years to come because of it probably 

In hindsight ..Sky probably think " thank fuck " 

Scottish football, and many leagues from smaller countries, are in a death spiral.

Money has gravitated to the 4 or 5 big leagues and geography stops big clubs in small countries from being able to compete. For me it has ruined my enjoyment of football and tbh outside of Rangers and my local Junior side - I have little interest in football - I've started to actively dislike the sport outside the Rangers bubble. I work/live outside of Scotland most of the year, so I dont get exposed to it, and well I do actually fear that one day that interest will dwindle away to being nothing more than a passing interest in Rangers. A fan lost, and I wonder how many more of us - and our children - will feel that way?

You only need to look at kids having a kickabout. When I was growing up in the late 90s, most kids would have a Scottish football top on - my area it was mostly Rangers with the odd Celtic and Killie top. Today its all Barca, Real, Chelsea, City, etc.

On 09/12/2017 at 06:25, .Williamson. said:

Scottish football is pish as a whole, so is the EPL.

I enjoy German and Italian football quite a lot though. The passion shown in Italian football is fantastic  

Got to say, when you see Man City going to the corners with, effectively, 9 minutes left, you have to wonder what the fuss is about.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Got to say, when you see Man City going to the corners with, effectively, 9 minutes left, you have to wonder what the fuss is about.

There were three "Super Sunday" games today  all hyped to the rafters and  to be honest I had zero interest in any of them, if it aint my team I just leave it and if I catch the goals on the news that's plenty for me, the money in the EPL has multiplied x 20/30? in the last 10 years but the product on the park imo has not moved forward at all.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

There were three "Super Sunday" games today  all hyped to the rafters and  to be honest I had zero interest in any of them, if it aint my team I just leave it and if I catch the goals on the news that's plenty for me, the money in the EPL has multiplied x 20/30? in the last 10 years but the product on the park imo has not moved forward at all.

Don’t blame you, mate.

I saw some of all 3 & most of the last 2.

There were at least 3 occasions where brain dead cunts messed up 3 or 4 on 1’s or 2’s, simply by not getting their heads up.

Then Man U pay millions on a CF, who sets up 2 goals for the opposition!

City lost their way after passing Utd to death for an hour, after which some of their play would have looked sub-standard, even in our league!

For the money paid, it should be a hell of a lot better!

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Seems to be loads of people slating Scottish football at the moment for not having a significant audience outside of Scotland. Isn’t that true of most leagues?

absolutely, apart from us and the scum, there is no significant interest in scottish football even within our own borders