Tavernier

Clemdog

Anyone who wants rid of Tav needs their head examined. Terrific player. The tims big up their average left back , and will probably get a hefty fee for him; we, on the other hand, slag off Tav and will end up losing him for a shitty fee. When the fuck are our social media support going to take  their useless fucking heads out of their arses and see what a player we have in Tav. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

What are you wittering on about?

Statistically James Tavernier is the most productive fullback in the league. This season he has been excellent for us, aside from a small dip in November. There is absolutely nobody I can think of who we could buy in January for £500k who would immediately come in and produce what he has been producing in terms of assists and all-round play. 

Our fans need to stop judging him based on last season's poor performances. He has developed as a player and kicked on. He is crucial to our team at this moment in time. 

Just because there’s no one you can think of doesn’t mean he’s not replaceable.  Hardly anyone had seen or heard of this player before we signed him.  Him and waghorn combined for 600k, I’m sure there’s plenty more taverniers in league one in England 

17 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Just because there’s no one you can think of doesn’t mean he’s not replaceable.  Hardly anyone had seen or heard of this player before we signed him.  Him and waghorn combined for 600k, I’m sure there’s plenty more taverniers in league one in England 

There will be plenty more in England who would come in at the level Tav did in the Championship. But I don't understand why you can't see he's massively improved since then? 

We're not selling the Tav of 3 years ago who was getting assists against part-timers, we're talking about the full back with the joint-2nd highest assists in the SPL. That's more than Tierney who they're hyping up to be a £30million pound player, more than the "best player in the league" in Sinclair. We can't bring someone in at that standard for £200-500k, those types of players cost £3-4million minimum.

Callum Paterson who went from Hearts to Cardiff on a free and has had a steady start to the Championship, is now valued at about £3-4million pounds by Neil Warnock. Tav is a much better player than him

45 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

There will be plenty more in England who would come in at the level Tav did in the Championship. But I don't understand why you can't see he's massively improved since then? 

We're not selling the Tav of 3 years ago who was getting assists against part-timers, we're talking about the full back with the joint-2nd highest assists in the SPL. That's more than Tierney who they're hyping up to be a £30million pound player, more than the "best player in the league" in Sinclair. We can't bring someone in at that standard for £200-500k, those types of players cost £3-4million minimum.

Callum Paterson who went from Hearts to Cardiff on a free and has had a steady start to the Championship, is now valued at about £3-4million pounds by Neil Warnock. Tav is a much better player than him

But people seem to think that players from this league cant go down to England and make an impact. I remember not long ago people were laughing at VVD. Tav needs to fetch us 3-4 million.