Billy Gilmour - Living the dream

falkirkNS

6 minutes ago, soulboy said:

If that's the case he would of been playing in the 1st team for us this season due to our injury list so he would of been better of staying and getting 1st team experience.

He would of got his move eventually. So would say it's his loss at the moment.

If he knew in April who we'd have out injured in November/December I'd suggest he's in the wrong career. Murty wanted to play him last season but was hamstrung by SPFL rules which forbid U16's playing competitive (or reserve) football.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe so but not 100% on it. We will be entitled to a few percent on every move he makes between now and the end of his career too

Cheers for the info ?

Pity he didn't see his future here , but if we did put a sell on clause in , I can see us getting a right few quid in the future which is the next best thing . 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Allan McGregor, Barrie McKay, Liam Burt, Danny Wilson, Aidan McAdam.

Mackay was released by Kilmarnock before we signed him so we never actually done a Gilmour on Killie,, McGregor was a product of our own, as was Wilson, Burt was released by the tims before he came to us.

So we never robbed any club of them unless you can tell me otherwise.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Mackay was released by Kilmarnock before we signed him so we never actually done a Gilmour on Killie,, McGregor was a product of our own, as was Wilson, Burt was released by the tims before he came to us.

So we never robbed any club of them unless you can tell me otherwise.

Did you miss Aidan McAdam? Or how about David Bates.

Billy's contract was up and he was free to move. Chelsea never robbed us and had no obligation to pay anything more than a 90k development fee.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did you miss Aidan McAdam? Or how about David Bates.

Billy's contract was up and he was free to move. Chelsea never robbed us and had no obligation to pay anything more than a 90k development fee.

I missed McAdam because he was the one out the five you technically got correct, out of the other four you mentioned two were products of our youth academy and two had been released so nothing like a Billy Gilmour scenario( which was my original point) David Bates you never mentioned.

Just now, pcbear said:

I missed McAdam because he was the one out the five you technically got correct, out of the other four you mentioned two were products of our youth academy and two had been released so nothing like a Billy Gilmour scenario( which was my original point) David Bates you never mentioned.

One (McGregor) joined us at the same age Gilmour left. He signed for us in 1998. He was born in 1982. 

Burt and McKay were like Gilmour and no longer under contract when they moved. The only difference is Chelsea coughed up more than a development fee for them.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One (McGregor) joined us at the same age Gilmour left. He signed for us in 1998. He was born in 1982. 

Burt and McKay were like Gilmour and no longer under contract when they moved. The only difference is Chelsea coughed up more than a development fee for them.

I know all that but you were implying all the players you mentioned we all got in a Billy Gilmour scenario, then you chucked Bates into the mix.

Just now, pcbear said:

I know all that but you were implying all the players you mentioned we all got in a Billy Gilmour scenario, then you chucked Bates into the mix.

Big team takes promising young player from other club. What's the difference? Other than Chelsea paying more than they had to to sign Gilmour

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Big team takes promising young player from other club. What's the difference? Other than Chelsea paying more than they had to to sign Gilmour

I'm off out now I can't be arsed arguing the toss, originally you said we got 5 players through a Gilmour scenario out the 5 quoted you were 20% correct 80% wrong which aint bad for a journalist.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I'm off out now I can't be arsed arguing the toss, originally you said we got 5 players through a Gilmour scenario out the 5 quoted you were 20% correct 80% wrong which aint bad for a journalist.

No, I said we've been taking youth players from smaller clubs for years. All those named were players we recruited from smaller clubs as youths.

On 31/12/2017 at 15:30, Da Kool Blue said:

I'd try get him back on loan.

He is more than capable and he needs to be playing games, if he doesn't he will just join the long list of well off young men who have been lost to the game.

There's no way we would get a teenager on loan that's going to be able to play for us every week. 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Who was the last player to make it from Chelsea's youth team to their first team and stay  there?

The same guy who was the last Englishman to score for them, John Terry. 

Absolute shambles of a club and the epitome of a sky tv club.

On 31/12/2017 at 13:24, The Dude said:

No, I said we've been taking youth players from smaller clubs for years. All those named were players we recruited from smaller clubs as youths.

But the examples you gave to back your argument were absolute nonsense. For a guy who has all this info about our youths etc you should know how we signed them..

13 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The same guy who was the last Englishman to score for them, John Terry. 

Absolute shambles of a club and the epitome of a sky tv club.

No club in England has won more trophies in the past decade then they have so I doubt their fans care what nationality the players scoring for them are tbh

6 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

But the examples you gave to back your argument were absolute nonsense. For a guy who has all this info about our youths etc you should know how we signed them..

So do tell what was different to the way we signed them to the way Chelsea signed Gilmour.