Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

But there comes a time when you have to say what’s more important, actually winning something or just making money. 

Making money will allow the club to spend more in the transfer market and potentially achieve more on the park success in the long run.

Just now, Gustav said:

It's not as simple as that, he's already went 2/3 months without a goal and could easily do it again and he might not want to sign a new deal.

Then if we sell him we can kiss goodbye to second place and any chance of winning the Scottish Cup. 

£11m to see Miller and Herrera playing again as well :megaanguish:

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Are people thinking that we'll get all of that £11m to spend in the summer? :lol:

No but say we get 6m, another 6/7m from season ticket money and whatever else from the likes of Cardoso, Herrera etc. that's massive money at this level.

Just now, OhW said:

Did you read the post I quoted?

The one which said merely said ''allegedly'', yes I did, but following your smart reaction I've taken the time to read back through the thread and see you were actually on the same page as me. 

Good to know you're a smart arse though, noted for future. :tu:

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

No but say we get 6m, another 6/7m from season ticket money and whatever else from the likes of Cardoso, Herrera etc. that's massive money at this level.

Morelos money would mean two or three really top quality signings. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The one which said merely said ''allegedly'', yes I did, but following your smart reaction I've taken the time to read back through the thread and see you were actually on the same page as me. 

Good to know you're a smart arse though, noted for future. :tu:

Thanks. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Making money will allow the club to spend more in the transfer market and potentially achieve more on the park success in the long run.

That philosophy could see folk sleeping in hostels pal. Spending more could buy you a Herrera or a Pena.

However keeping young talented 21 year old strikers (possibly the best potential for years) who could earn you £20m in the champions league could see you earning much more in the long run.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

His price is only going to go up. 

Why the rush to cash in, we are covered for money. Another good 2 or 3 seasons and he could for 20mill. 

Chinese clubs have more money than sense.  If they're putting in bids of £11m that's massive money to us.  There's no guarantee that level of interest will continue in to the summer and beyond.

Griffiths scored 40 league goals a few years back did he not?  No £20m bids for him were forthcoming.  In fact, I don't think celtic have ever made £20m on a player despite years of selling their best talent and Champions League exposure.  

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then if we sell him we can kiss goodbye to second place and any chance of winning the Scottish Cup. 

£11m to see Miller and Herrera playing again as well :megaanguish:

We went ten games without him scoring we coped, we need money as we are carrying too much debt it would be daft not to take the offer.  

Just now, cushynumber said:

mate for £11m we are going to have to suck it up. Its a business decision that will override a footballing one

Talking point is - if this costs us Scottish Cup and 2nd place, is it worth it? I'd argue it is, in the long run, although would be very painful. 

Obviously not as black and white as that, we should be securing both with or without Morelos anyway. 

Archived