Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Morelos money would mean two or three really top quality signings. 

Names, and they better be better now, potentially in the future and have better sell on value. They're not in abundance pal.

Morelos could be the man.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Talking point is - if this costs us Scottish Cup and 2nd place, is it worth it? I'd argue it is, in the long run, although would be very painful. 

Obviously not as black and white as that, we should be securing both with or without Morelos anyway. 

short term its a blow - there is no doubt about it.

But what if that £11m gets us the league next year? thats all hypothetical. 

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Nah don't agree with that at all.

He's arguably our best player behind Tavernier. 

He's key to the way we play going forward, his link up play is second to none. 

Remember the last sheep game, he goes off for Cummings and the game turns on it's head completely because we lost his ability to pressure their back line, which resulted in them peppering our goal for the last ten minutes. 

He's a pivotal player for us and if we end up with a successful end to this season he'll be one of the main ingredients to that success. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Chinese clubs have more money than sense.  If they're putting in bids of £11m that's massive money to us.  There's no guarantee that level of interest will continue in to the summer and beyond.

Griffiths scored 40 league goals a few years back did he not?  No £20m bids for him were forthcoming.  In fact, I don't think celtic have ever made £20m on a player despite years of selling their best talent and Champions League exposure.  

Then call their bluff 15mill or fuck off, King has the bills covered for 18 months. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's arguably our best player behind Tavernier. 

He's key to the way we play going forward, his link up play is second to none. 

Remember the last sheep game, he goes off for Cummings and the game turns on it's head completely because we lost his ability to pressure their back line, which resulted in them peppering our goal for the last ten minutes. 

He's a pivotal player for us and if we end up with a successful end to this season he'll be one of the main ingredients to that success. 

It's 3 months and we'll just have to suck it up.

The more money we have to spend in the summer the better calibre of manager we can attract, it's our highest ever fee for a player, we have to take it.

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Names, and they better be better now, potentially in the future and have better sell on value. They're not in abundance pal.

Morelos could be the man.

That's Mark Allen's job not mine I'm afraid, but that monies will go a long long way.

He’s my favourite player and would be sad to see him go but £11m upfront could get us 3-4 decent signings in the summer and would make all the difference in challenging. Not saying we’ll get to spend all that £11m but with season ticket money as well it’s bloody hard to turn down. 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

short term its a blow - there is no doubt about it.

But what if that £11m gets us the league next year? thats all hypothetical. 

Exactly my thinking. It's all hypothetical, but strategically - I'd prefer the league next year than another season like this one. £11m goes a long way towards helping with that. 

The chinese are destroying everything in their path out here with their corrupt money policies, my business included. They are the arabs x10 and will stop at nothing to get what they want. When Morelos doesn't cut the mustard they will fire him out like a used tampon (they do this in every public place also) but he would be a rich man. Up to him. 

Stay with the famous wee man.

4 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

The chinese are destroying everything in their path out here with their corrupt money policies, my business included. They are the arabs x10 and will stop at nothing to get what they want. When Morelos doesn't cut the mustard they will fire him out like a used tampon (they do this in every public place also) but he would be a rich man. Up to him. 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Well it's up to the club as well isn't it? 

Also are you suggesting all Chinese people fire around tampons in public places? Strange post. :lol:

Archived