Dave King Press Conference on Monday

Just now, Walter-of-Smith said:

Why is everyone losing their shit at this 6 million figure, is it even confirmed?

It's been confirmed all over. 

People are losing their shit at the thought of more humiliation ending in even more when SG walks away greeting to the worlds press about how we diddle him. 

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, billym27 said:

what the fuck are we meant to do with 6m? get King tae fuck. 

It's obviously £6m on top of the hummel deal and season tickets, it's a bit embarrassing all the hype leading to this but ffs we've not announced a £6m transfer budget for the season

12 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

We spent more than £8m last summer and we've got this £6m plus £3m from the Hummel deal, Brian.

Do you believe we will have enough to challenge the bheasts next season? Our squad is pish, we will need to spend upwards of ten million to fix our problems 

King was unwilling to place a figure on the transfer budget that will be made available to Gerrard as the Liverpool legend looks to reshape the Light Blues squad.

He added: "We don't put figures on that because we can't.

Fuck sake - absolute hysteria of some. We would be fucking idiots to state how much we’ve got to spend.  Surely that’s obvious ?

We dont actually know how much cash there is for new players , i wouldnt want King to come out and say we have x amount of ££££ that just inflates prices in the transfer market if clubs know you have money

4 minutes ago, PSL said:

Sounds like it's £6m from a share issue. It says fuck all about budgets. Some folk need to think things through but instead just go raj assuming the worst

Aye we will make up the other 20m we need from players sales, selling 1/2m St's, Warren Buffett sponsoring our shirts, the half time raffle and hosting Sydney Devines next comeback at Ibrox. 

With King's help the tims get next year's title and more CL millions but at least it should guarantee we get second. Mibbees. 

Don't really care about Gerrard coming now. It will only lead to more embarrassment later. 

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

Aye we will make up the other 20m we need from players sales, selling 1/2m St's, Warren Buffett sponsoring our shirts, the half time raffle and hosting Sydney Devines next comeback at Ibrox. 

With King's help the tims get next year's title and more CL millions but at least it should guarantee we get second. Mibbees. 

Don't really care about Gerrard coming now. It will only lead to more embarrassment later. 

:lol: 

We spent about £10m last season, we've already got an additional £9m plus the extra money season ticket increases will bring.  

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

like what? The board surely knew the rumours going around, why did they wait all weekend for them to spread before giving us this underwhelming news?

Excuse us for being stupid enough to think the board actually gave a fuck about stopping 10iar. 

Getting worked up over people on forums spreading rumours, and people now taking it as fact that Gerrard wouldn't have taken the job without massive investment. When King answered investment questions on Friday it seemed to me that he had no idea of the rumours. The fans and King are not on the same page whatsoever.

just wondering why exactly another share issue is required?.

and while all this nonsense about the top is going on can he actually do that?. I'm a little lost on this one.

Fell like the £6mill will be for everything, running costs, wages and so on, but I'm still holding out hope that behind closed doors some sort of silent investors are being brought in.

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

I think we will spend upwards of 10m

Only if we get decent return on players but I can't see many that are worth much. This Morelos pish of at least £10 million at new year was made up I reckon

8 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

How much of this £6m will he get to spend? Ge54ard more like. 

Firstly he never said SG had only £6m to spend only that’s what a rights issue would potentially bring in next month.

In fact he never even put a figure on what will be spent why can’t some people grasp that on here?

14 minutes ago, billym27 said:

what the fuck are we meant to do with 6m? get King tae fuck. 

Add it to the transfer budget obviously. What did you think we would do with it?

Archived