Jump to content
plumbGER

U.S.A, Mexico and Canada to co-host 2026 world cup.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

A British Isles bid seems a no-brainer. Glasgow, Embra, Cardiff, Belfast, Dublin and 6 or 7 English cities would be tremendous.

And all with the same timezone so staging games for max exposure is simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

There was just something magical about watching the World cup as a nipper back then. 78 is the first one I remember.

Exotic is a good description as to how it felt watching Scotland at the Wold cup on the tv in those days with the picture not the best and the sound quality made you realise just how far away it was.

Listening to Archie MacPherson's commentary, seeing all those famous players live on tv for the first time as there was practically no live football back then.

The black and white balls they used in Argentina 78 just looked better than the modern equivalent for some reason. You could see the spin of the ball better during slow motion replays as they showed it hitting the back of the net.......usually ours :lol:

 The ticker tape, the female Brazil fans :drool:, believing we were going to win it.........until we played our first game that is :megaanguish: :lol:

Just doesn't feel the same these days, the game's lost it's soul. Money has totally fucked it.

They remain very fond (not sure how accurate) memories none the less. 

Italia 90, nessun dorma and Toto schillachi. Some memories

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

There was just something magical about watching the World cup as a nipper back then. 78 is the first one I remember.

Exotic is a good description as to how it felt watching Scotland at the Wold cup on the tv in those days with the picture not the best and the sound quality made you realise just how far away it was.

Listening to Archie MacPherson's commentary, seeing all those famous players live on tv for the first time as there was practically no live football back then.

The black and white balls they used in Argentina 78 just looked better than the modern equivalent for some reason. You could see the spin of the ball better during slow motion replays as they showed it hitting the back of the net.......usually ours :lol:

 The ticker tape, the female Brazil fans :drool:, believing we were going to win it.........until we played our first game that is :megaanguish: :lol:

Just doesn't feel the same these days, the game's lost it's soul. Money has totally fucked it.

They remain very fond (not sure how accurate) memories none the less. 

Yeah, agree with all of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I wish Scotland and England did a joint bid. There's absolutely no reason why the stadiums in Glasgow/Edinburgh shouldn't host some games. 

With the expansion of the number of teams in the WC, a joint bid is highly likely for future bids as there is now room for 2/3 hosts. In fact if you look at how the Euro2020 format, it is probable that a regional bid will be made. There is too much of a financial burden on single nation hosts, with poor infrastructure and new stadia and hotels to be constructed. The Olympics and WC just about bankrupted Brazil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

With the expansion of the number of teams in the WC, a joint bid is highly likely for future bids as there is now room for 2/3 hosts. In fact if you look at how the Euro2020 format, it is probable that a regional bid will be made. There is too much of a financial burden on single nation hosts, with poor infrastructure and new stadia and hotels to be constructed. The Olympics and WC just about bankrupted Brazil.

Viva Qatar!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Viva Qatar!!

Still think there is another twist in that story, no way will the major European leagues consider a 4 week winter break for a mid season competition. The politco wheels will be in motion to get that pulled, very soon after this years world cup. Asian and Oceania QF stages are horrendously protracted, taking place 3 years or so before final tournament.

I can't see it happening in Quatar - all it takes is an oil crash/regional war and it will be duly scrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Still think there is another twist in that story, no way will the major European leagues consider a 4 week winter break for a mid season competition. The politco wheels will be in motion to get that pulled, soon after this  years world cup. I can't see it happening in Quatar - all it takes is an oil crash/regional war and it will be duly scrapped.

Where do you think it will go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Where do you think it will go?

Australia & New Zealand is perfect imo, they already have the infrastructure and stadiums, it's never been held in Oceania before and it would boost the popularity of football there like it did for America after the 1994 World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Where do you think it will go?

It won't be European, it'll likely be the same confederation eg China/Japan joint bid due to existing stadium and infrastructure. Perhaps even Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It won't be European, it'll likely be the same confederation eg China/Japan joint bid due to existing stadium and infrastructure. Perhaps even Australia.

Great minds think alike :pipe:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Australia & New Zealand is perfect imo, they already have the infrastructure and stadiums, it's never been held in Oceania before and it would boost the popularity of football there like it did for America after the 1994 World Cup.

Australia are Asian confederation, although a joint confederation bid is something that hasn't been done before so sounds interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Australia are Asian confederation, although a joint confederation bid is something that hasn't been done before so sounds interesting.

Added New Zealand as I'm sure they have a few big stadiums as well (Rugby and Cricket stadiums IIRC), though I suppose Australia could just as easily host it themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Added New Zealand as I'm sure they have a few big stadiums as well (Rugby and Cricket stadiums IIRC), though I suppose Australia could just as easily host it themselves.

FIFA like to base some decisions on raising the profile/ legacy of the game in nations that are not predominantly football nations ( eg USA 94). Australia/New Zealand is a very good call. I think they were in the original bidding for 2022???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

FIFA like to base decisions on raising the profile/ legacy of the game in nations that are not predominantly football nations ( eg USA 94). Australia/New Zealand is a very good call. I think they were in the original bidding for 2022???

Yep, and they were eliminated after the very first round of bidding.

Just shows that FIFA are a bunch of corrupt bastards really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Yep, and they were eliminated after the very first round of bidding.

Just shows that FIFA are a bunch of corrupt bastards really.

??? Qatar will be open to your type...

Book up buddy  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

??? Qatar will be open to your type...

Book up buddy  :thumbup:

I've lubed up my arsehole with bacon grease and Heineken in preparation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I've lubed up my arsehole with bacon grease and Heineken in preparation

Top reppelant!! :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tyabb bear said:

How much did they pay for it 😉😉😉😉

The price of 1000 miles of wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, agree with all of that.

How could I forget to mention Archie Gemmill's goal against Holland :drool: :crywank:

Probably gave me my first semi :mutley:

Wonderful childhood memories. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games will no doubt be stopped mid half for water breaks and to let the yanks sell some prime time adverts , then there will be the american ultras chants to put up with , cunts are almost worse than sweetheart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stu1909 said:

Italia 90, nessun dorma and Toto schillachi. Some memories

Losing to Costa fuckin Rica in our first game :megaanguish: then pumpin Sweden before losing a goal to Brazil with 7 minutes to go when a draw would have put us through...    :headwall:

......Gazza's tears and England losing on pens to the Germans........again. 

Lifetime memories :tu:

My favourite World cup was Mexico 86. So many great players (Maradona :drool:) , so many great games and so many great goals.......USSR scored some amount of absolute screamers, think they beat Belgium 5-4 in the quarters that year.........great memories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

Losing to Costa fuckin Rica in our first game :megaanguish: then pumpin Sweden before losing a goal to Brazil with 7 minutes to go when a draw would have put us through...    :headwall:

......Gazza's tears and England losing on pens to the Germans........again. 

Lifetime memories :tu:

My favourite World cup was Mexico 86. So many great players (Maradona :drool:) , so many great games and so many great goals.......USSR scored some amount of absolute screamers, think they beat Belgium 5-4 in the quarters that year.........great memories. 

Belgium got to the semis by beating Spain 5-4....that's the game your thinking of bud👍

Sorry bud Belgium did beat Spain 5-4 but on penalties, i will need to search further as I remember a 5-4 game or maybe 4-3??

Got there in the end up, Belgium beat Russia 4-3 in the quarters so you had the right game but the outcome was playing tricks just like us all these days😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Belgium got to the semis by beating Spain 5-4....that's the game your thinking of bud👍

Sorry bud Belgium did beat Spain 5-4 but on penalties, i will need to search further as I remember a 5-4 game or maybe 4-3??

Got there in the end up, Belgium beat Russia 4-3 in the quarters so you had the right game but the outcome was playing tricks just like us all these days😂😂

Cheers mate, memories not what it was . It wasn't yesterday :megaanguish: :lol:

I just remember some crackin games and lots of goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×