Midfielders/Wingers

14 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Can you link me to where Gerrard said Candeias isn't fit enough please.

If you think that the manager saying that Candeias is running on fumes and needs a break means he's fit enough, then you're deluded. He subbed him because his fitness wasn't up to scratch. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's exactly what it means. Tav could be considered as being partly culpable of the situation too though. No one can deny Candeias doesn't put a shift in. He does. That's why he's "running on fumes" 

I think at times Candeias is getting sick of covering for Tav, Tav without Candeias is a lot weaker player.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think at times Candeias is getting sick of covering for Tav, Tav without Candeias is a lot weaker player.

Correct. Tav spends far too much time in our attacking half. Too many times do players have a free run down our right flank. Goldson probably wouldn't have gotten that yellow if Tav was in the position he should've been. And that wasn't the first time. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If you think that the manager saying that Candeias is running on fumes and needs a break means he's fit enough, then you're deluded. He subbed him because his fitness wasn't up to scratch. 

We all seen how big Gerrard was on fitness when he first came in, if he didn't think a player was fit enough he wouldn't have played 50 odd games this season

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

We all seen how big Gerrard was on fitness when he first came in, if he didn't think a player was fit enough he wouldn't have played 50 odd games this season

That's why he's knackered. That's a lot of games for a player at the peak of their fitness. Candeias is on the way down. He maybe has another season max in him. 

And remember he has mostly not had another player who could fill in. We have had a lot of injuries to important players. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's why he's knackered. That's a lot of games for a player at the peak of their fitness. Candeias is on the way down. He maybe has another season max in him. 

:lol: aye because you're qualified to be making judgments like that

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Correct. Tav spends far too much time in our attacking half. Too many times do players have a free run down our right flank. Goldson probably wouldn't have gotten that yellow if Tav was in the position he should've been. And that wasn't the first time. 

Tav problem is he makes the defenders cover for him as well as do their own job so the two central defenders are miles apart. 

Not enough winners throughout the squad, Not enough quality throughout the squad, not enough creativity in the forward areas, not enough physicality throughout the squad add to that players being signed and not being up to the job it's no wonder we can't win anything.hopefully that will change in the summer but depends on the budget the manager is given and we need to make the right signings this time No more fuck ups.

Just now, Smile said:

Tav problem is he makes the defenders cover for him as well as do their own job so the two central defenders are miles apart. 

Bingo. He needs to learn to get back when we lose the ball. 

Anyway @JeffreyI need to go sort out folks wages for tomorrow. So I'll catch you later... 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I've been watching football long enough to see when a player has started to go down in quality. Albertz was a perfect example. 

I think a lot of our players have struggled with the sheer amount of games we have played but as I said earlier on we should maybe have mixed the squad up more in the lesser games.

1 hour ago, Iggy666 said:

Might be a bit of insane thinking, but if Villarreal get relegated, I'd love it if we tried to get Cazorla in. He's the type of quality we need.

putting what’s probably an astronomical wage demand to the side, why would he want to come here so some cunt like Kirk Clubfoot could 2 foot him and then he could sit on a treatment bench in the Scottish rain.

definetly the type of player we need without the injury proneness.

4 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He does seem that if he can get a run of games he could be a better option than Candeias. He'd shown he can take a kicking too so if he could bulk up he could be a good player. We need a better wingback than Tav or if Tav could just get back when we lose the ball he could be a much better player. He offerers a lot going forward, but almost nothing in defence. He should have been back helping Goldson not just against Killie but most other teams. He's too lasy at getting back which is brutal as he seems one of our most fittest players. 

The problem is that both full backs attack at the same time and recently all of our midfielders are all up front when we have lost the ball; Aberdeen’s 2nd goal, the Kellie goal and 3 others Killie chances. Don,t know if it is tactics or just poor awareness or game intelligence causing this. If we are playing a holding midfielder why are we left with 2 central defenders on their own in our half?

Murphy, Grezda, Middleton, Jones - I think that is our options for next season as they can also work as attacking midfielders in an emergency and it gives good cover for the position.

Jack,  McCrorie, Kamara, Arfield, Docherty these are the only ones I would keep and add 1 attacking midfielder of real quality (we need better than Shinnie).

We really need a big hard centre forward that the wingers can play to, a quality centre back and a proper right back.

Most of the squad are 7 out of 10 we need a 8/9 out of 10 player in these positions. 4 quality players in my estimation will see a big improvement.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If our hopes are pinned on Jamie Murphy we may as well give up already.

This seems to happen every year when our form falls to shit about this time.

People start saying we should turn to this player or that player because they might be able to turn the tide when the reality is most of them have barely kicked a ball in the first place because they are even worse than the players that have been playing in front of them.

I know it’s slightly different with Murphy because he’s been injured (I think Murphy is a decent player, but he’s still not a player who’s going completely change the course of games for us) but the general point still stands.

15 hours ago, docspiderman said:

The problem is that both full backs attack at the same time and recently all of our midfielders are all up front when we have lost the ball; Aberdeen’s 2nd goal, the Kellie goal and 3 others Killie chances. Don,t know if it is tactics or just poor awareness or game intelligence causing this. If we are playing a holding midfielder why are we left with 2 central defenders on their own in our half?

Aberdeen's second goal is purely down to Barisic switching off, but then again we were constantly winning possession back so the wing backs were constantly going back on the offensive, only this time the sheep runner was found.

A harsh lesson.