Bhoys v Bluenoses podcast Episode 2

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

OP must be delighted with how the thread's gone. Great publicity so far.

That's the reason he added the "David and Hamish from 67 Hail Hail to discuss Leigh Griffiths" part. 

The same basic technique is used by the media when they attach Rangers to a negative story. It's click bait.

Looking forward to next weeks thread discussing Lennys signings so far. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Dont imagine that's his target events tbh.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I cant imagine ANY podcast getting listened to on a supporters bus. 

Point being the target audience is obviously not your average bear. 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

That's the reason he added the "David and Hamish from 67 Hail Hail to discuss Leigh Griffiths" part. 

The same basic technique is used by the media when they attach Rangers to a negative story. It's click bait.

Can't wait for the Congratulations on #55 episode at the end of the season. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

After 8 horrific years 

How any bear even wants to be consilutory regards the bheasts. It just astounds me 

If suck finds oot his orcs are downloading 👇😂

wheels aff.gif

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Point being the target audience is obviously not your average bear. 

Dont think there is such a thing.

He'll get an audience. Some will hate the idea, some will listen.

Just now, Inigo said:

Dont think there is such a thing.

He'll get an audience. Some will hate the idea, some will listen.

There is such a thing, there is not one single Rangers fan that I know of who would entertain this cancer of a podcast. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

I copied the description of the podcast from the site it's hosted on. I have zero part in writing that and couldn't be arsed changing it.

You're understanding of this 'basic technique' is wildly off the mark. the David and Hamish bit being in there is for totally different reasons than those when papers include Rangers in a story. That's typically done because Rangers is an incredibly popular search term so helps boost the story's SEO score and visibility hrough search engines. They are named in the description because it fills a bit of space.

We discussed their signings so far on this podcast. Not sure we'll do it again next week.

As far as I am concerned there's us, and there's them. I'm all for debates etc but the minute you involve the other lot,  you know it won't be long before they are wanting things going their way and trying to shout us down. Podcasts are a waste of time for the most part, just full of folk too fond of their own voices 

Just now, The Dude said:

I copied the description of the podcast from the site it's hosted on. I have zero part in writing that and couldn't be arsed changing it.

You're understanding of this 'basic technique' is wildly off the mark. the David and Hamish bit being in there is for totally different reasons than those when papers include Rangers in a story. That's typically done because Rangers is an incredibly popular search term so helps boost the story's SEO score and visibility hrough search engines. They are named in the description because it fills a bit of space.

We discussed their signings so far on this podcast. Not sure we'll do it again next week.

That's why i said it was "click bait", which it is. 

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Dunno. Think he added that cause that's who it is. I mean, let's face it, it's not like we couldn't work out what kind of background the Tim's on it would have. Regardless, it's all worked a treat for him. 

Don't mind hearing discussions about tim players in an OF fans context. Bet a large percentage of of us do it at work every day.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Next week ask them about why a European Cup win glossed over child rape for half a century, you'll soon see how quick the timid timalloy can change. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

There is such a thing, there is not one single Rangers fan that I know of who would entertain this cancer of a podcast. 

I know plenty. I also know some that wouldn't. Rangers fans are a mixed bunch. There's no average Bear.

Just now, BlueMe said:

That's why i said it was "click bait", which it is. 

So how does that fit with the Hamish/David bit given it's neither in the headline to entice you in (you know, like bait) and neither are likely to influence the SEO results?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not? So who is our target audience? You seem to know more about this than I do.

You're target audience are the cunts who will sit in a house full of rabid fenian bastards and say aye I'm a Rangers fan but only because so and so. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Next week ask them about why a European Cup win glossed over child rape for half a century, you'll soon see how quick the timid timalloy can change. 

Why are some so obsessed with wanting to talk about sexually abusing kids? I'll just stick to talking about football on a podcast about football tbh.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Dunno. Think he added that cause that's who it is. I mean, let's face it, it's not like we couldn't work out what kind of background the Tim's on it would have. Regardless, it's all worked a treat for him. 

Don't mind hearing discussions about tim players in an OF fans context. Bet a large percentage of of us do it at work every day.

I don't listen to any podcasts tbh, not my thing at all.

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

As far as I am concerned there's us, and there's them. I'm all for debates etc but the minute you involve the other lot,  you know it won't be long before they are wanting things going their way and trying to shout us down. Podcasts are a waste of time for the most part, just full of folk too fond of their own voices 

Given it's being produced for a third-party and properly produced etc for us, it's unlikely that'll happen. If it does, I simply can't see the boss letting it go out.

Agree about the podcasts bit tbh, I'm not a massive fan of them in general but I was asked to do it so, I'll do it.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You're target audience are the cunts who will sit in a house full of rabid fenian bastards and say aye I'm a Rangers fan but only because so and so. 

Nah not particularly. It's a bit of a really narrow niche there. Kinda hard to specifically target them too.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I don't listen to any podcasts tbh, not my thing at all.

Never used to be mine. Disgusted that I do now tbh. I'd have accused folk of being technology obsessed millennial cunts a few years back for listening to them. It's like when my gramps worked out CD players.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

A bawhair away from "muh point scoring", so close. 

Nah not at all.  Just blows my mind how frequently folk insist I speak/write about peados. If you want to talk about it with them then by all means, fill your boots but it'll not be happening on a football podcast I'm doing.

Archived