*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jack was available I wouldn't risk him in this game. The league is our priority and team selection should reflect this. Not asking for a second string team but if theres players with niggling injuries or recovering from injury then they should not be risked in the Europa League matches.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No wonder, Goldson acted like billy big baws on Sunday when truth is big Katic had carried his arse for ages. 

Should be Goldson getting dropped.

Tbh, I thought they were both poor on Saturday. I'm go against the grain on this one. It is Goldson & Helender for me on Thursday. That's not to say I don't like Katic but he is still a work in progress. We do need to see what Helender is like on a big stage.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tbh, I thought they were both poor on Saturday. I'm go against the grain on this one. It is Goldson & Helender for me on Thursday. That's not to say I don't like Katic but he is still a work in progress. We do need to see what Helender is like on a big stage.

Katic hasn't put a foot wrong so far this season. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I thought they both looked out of sorts on the week-end. Apart from that, I agree with you re - Katic. We do need to rotate a little on Thursday's however - not wholesale changes but two or three.

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Bizarrely tried to play scum player offside for their 1st goal. Thought him and Goldson were losing the battle with Dykes of Livi on Saturday - too many headers/ challenges lost and several in dangerous positions.

Actually thought Goldson deserved to be dropped for Saturday. Given he wasnt, Katic probably shouldn't be either as hes been no worse than Goldson. 

Out the other two, I like the look of Edmundson more but suspect he'll be 4th choice the now as Helander cost millions.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought they both looked out of sorts on the week-end. Apart from that, I agree with you re - Katic. We do need to rotate a little on Thursday's however - not wholesale changes but two or three.

Katic seemed to spend a lot of time covering for the LB on Saturday

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bizarrely tried to play scum player offside for their 1st goal. Thought him and Goldson were losing the battle with Dykes of Livi on Saturday - too many headers/ challenges lost and several in dangerous positions.

Actually thought Goldson deserved to be dropped for Saturday. Given he wasnt, Katic probably shouldn't be either as hes been no worse than Goldson. 

Out the other two, I like the look of Edmundson more but suspect he'll be 4th choice the now as Helander cost millions.

That guy Dykes who I had never really noticed before was a handful on Sat and to be honest neither of our guys managed to beat him to the ball like they normally do, against big forwards, not sure if he was somehow fouling them and not being penalised but he won most of the balls coming his way.

I would certainly like to see Goldson given a rest to see how Katic plays with one of the others, but I am not sure Stevie will do that, he seems to think Goldson is his main man.  😞

Archived