Gaffers Reaction

mrmojorisin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He could have said that it was a yellow but he wished that the rule was applied consistently and then leave it at that.

He could have, yes, but I can't imagine his mindset is 'what about them?' when one of our player's acts like a daftie and rightly gets booked for it. 

25 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Its absolute madness. Completely obsessed with celtic, hate saying it but it's clearly true. 

No one expected him to name these or any players, it is just about the rule being used consistently and he would have been perfectly in his right to say that he would expect that to be the case.

Maybe we need to find out who the last player other than a Rangers one was sent of when on a yellow for this type of celebration and if it as damning as most of us think then it can be sent to our Stevie. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No one expected him to name these or any players, it is just about the rule being used consistently and he would have been perfectly in his right to say that he would expect that to be the case.

Maybe we need to find out who the last player other than a Rangers one was sent of when on a yellow for this type of celebration and if it as damning as most of us think then it can be sent to our Stevie. 

If Morelos doesn't do this there's no talking point. Maybe Gerrard will have something to say about the consistency of the issue if he thinks it's the right thing to do, but I don't think anybody can blame him for not bringing it up because he'd just look ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Broon at Motherwell last year.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Brown was away at Kilmarnock last season but thats for the specific rule ot leaving field of play. For things like Halliday, Candeais and Morelos good luck searching back.

Is this one or two games we are speaking about guys ? 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If Morelos doesn't do this there's no talking point. Maybe Gerrard will have something to say about the consistency of the issue if he thinks it's the right thing to do, but I don't think anybody can blame him for not bringing it up because he'd just look ridiculous. 

I agree it was not a wise thing to do when already on a yellow mate, but I am concerned it seems it is only our players who are getting done for this.  

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Is this one or two games we are speaking about guys ? 

naw mate, I think SEMA is right. It was Kilmarnock. However, he left the field of play at Rugby park. Halliday, Candeias & Morelos didn't leave the park.  To me, that's a big difference.

1 hour ago, mrmojorisin said:

His behaviour towards our club and fans and the fact he gets away with it every time.... And yes he is a tosser and a prime example of one rule for us.. One rule for them 

Try and stay with me here, what does he have to do with Morelos getting g sent off today? Absolutely nothing. Obsessed. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

I agree it was not a wise thing to do when already on a yellow mate, but I am concerned it seems it is only our players who are getting done for this.  

Who last done it and got away with it? Seriously, is this something that happens every week and I'm missing it? 

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Disappointed Gerrard didn’t mention brown and Lennon doing the get it up you gesture tbh 

Possibly.  But, this is where our ex players who are pundits should be chipping in by highlighting the inconsistency.

Zero chance the mainstream media will pick up on this, and only a small chance our ex-players could But I live in hope.

Also, there’s nothing to stop the club asking the question of the SFA/Referees in private, but again not sure how likely this is.

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Its absolute madness. Completely obsessed with celtic, hate saying it but it's clearly true. 

Hi, stop posting things that i agree with.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

naw mate, I think SEMA is right. It was Kilmarnock. However, he left the field of play at Rugby park. Halliday, Candeias & Morelos didn't leave the park.  To me, that's a big difference.

Candeias was in with the fans for his yellow was he not, against St Mirren? 

Dingy that, just realised you would have been meaning the kisses.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yes leaving the pitch is well known for a yellow, but I am not sure if the tarriers are always done for it ?? :hmmm:

Just now, DMax399 said:

Possibly.  But, this is where our ex players who are pundits should be chipping in by highlighting the inconsistency.

Zero chance the mainstream media will pick up on this, and only a small chance our ex-players could But I live in hope.

Also, there’s nothing to stop the club asking the question of the SFA/Referees in private, but again not sure how likely this is.

This kind of shit goes on almost every week now and the club continually do fuck all about it.

The jakey bastard has a go at a directors relative and we have a statement out immediately , this board couldnt give to fucks about defending the team or the fans.......

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

This.

Honestly don't know what people are expecting Gerrard to come out and say there.

As soon as Morelos made the gesture I said hes off, and S.G. clearly agrees. However I do take on board the double standards applied , the Fenlon v Hearts action taken & rightly so. But the clear difference when T.L.B. does the same thing is what is upsetting the right thinking fans here.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Who last done it and got away with it? Seriously, is this something that happens every week and I'm missing it? 

Brown did it against Ranggers - unpunished.

Hivs manager (lennon) did it against Rangers - unpunished.

Hivs manager (fenlon) did it against Hearts- 4 game suspension.

Morelos does it - punished

That's specifically the girfuy gesture. Notice any trends?

If you consider 2nd yellow cards for non girfuy gestures, not for leaving field of play which is a specific rule, we have Candeais and Halliday.

One thing I'll ask you to do is provide others at different clubs who also have and we'll consider those trends too....

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I do not think it happens every week, but not leaving the pitch celebrating a goal and getting done 'seems' to only happen to our players and that is annoying some of us.

Thankfully we won the game so that is the main thing.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes leaving the pitch is well known for a yellow, but I am not sure if the tarriers are always done for it ?? :hmmm:

Speaking about Collum’s decision not to book him, he said: “He said ‘I would have given you a yellow card, but the fans didn’t fall over so next time be careful’.

- Weah, celtic

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Speaking about Collum’s decision not to book him, he said: “He said ‘I would have given you a yellow card, but the fans didn’t fall over so next time be careful’.

- Weah, celtic

Now that is (not) a surprise ffs. 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Now that is (not) a surprise ffs. 

FIFA Football Goal Celebration

Reacting with joy after scoring is permissible. But, that is providing the goal celebration is not excessive.

Soccer referees have instructions to discourage any rehearsed or choreographed football goal celebrations.

The match officials should intervene and caution players for immoderate time-wasting.

Players can celebrate a goal by leaving the pitch 'momentarily'. But they should then make a prompt return to the playing field.

Nothing in the rules about fanscfalling over mate. And Halliday and Candeais must have been "excessive " in their celebrations I suppose.:justno:

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Brown did it against Ranggers - unpunished.

Hivs manager (lennon) did it against Rangers - unpunished.

Hivs manager (fenlon) did it against Hearts- 4 game suspension.

Morelos does it - punished

That's specifically the girfuy gesture. Notice any trends?

If you consider 2nd yellow cards for non girfuy gestures, not for leaving field of play which is a specific rule, we have Candeais and Halliday.

One thing I'll ask you to do is provide others at different clubs who also have and we'll consider those trends too....

The video is kicking about Twitter, Scott Brown did it to his own fans, bit of a plot hole in the story there. 

Archived