Oh Davie Cooper

mrmojorisin

37 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

A proper Rangers legend, oozed class on and off the park.  Stopped for a picture with me when they trained at the Albion, my Dad run a boys club team and they had a Welsh club up for the weekend so we got a tour of Ibrox as part of their visit. Was the day before the reverse pass for Durrant's goal when we beat them 1-0 in 86. 

I mean how did he even....  Has to be my favourite pass of any.   

13 hours ago, bassettger said:

That first season in 1977-78 when Davie Cooper was signed along with Bobby Russel and then Gordon Smith was a joy.

He did take a few months to get fitter as a result of Jock Wallaces' training methods but even during this period there were signs of what a player he would become. My favourite match the 3-2 win at Ibrox against celtic coming from 2 goals down at half-time. Davie Cooper, Derek Johnstone, Gordon Smith and Bobby Russel were unplayable. It could have easily been 4, 5 or 6 goals in that second half.

RIP Davie Cooper a true Rangers legend

It still guts me to this day . There is absolutely no footage of this comeback from the dead,available to watch 

I was at the Final and Coop was just wonderful in that 2-1 win scoring himself . Brilliant day 

3 hours ago, aird said:

Unfortunalty I'm too young to have seen Cooper playing for us but you just need to see the videos and how highly people speak of him to know how good he was.

Gullit doing this . Absolute legend for me . Putting Scottish media to shame . Brilliant Ruud

Archived