SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In that it's a closed shop? Only to those who dont get their way.

Robertson's complaints are similar. Sitting on a board for a year and waiting until youre on the way out before saying 'oh by the way, this lot are fucking hopeless/corrupt' doesn't really give you much credibility. It's a bit like dumping your bird then telling her she was ugly anyway.

Yeah. The whole not approved minutes thing was a real eye opener in this regard.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Robertson's complaints are similar. Sitting on a board for a year and waiting until youre on the way out before saying 'oh by the way, this lot are fucking hopeless/corrupt' doesn't really give you much credibility. It's a bit like dumping your bird then telling her she was ugly anyway.

Wow. I agree :lol: 

Gabriel Tomato - I've changed my mind he can stay.

And to get your way it needs to typically fall in line those controlling. 

To be fair to Robertson much of what many think is corruptness came from March onwards., heading towards the end of his tenure.

Always get the bird to do the dumping. Less psycho behaviour tends to follow.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. The whole not approved minutes thing was a real eye opener in this regard.

Tbh, I've dealt with far bigger companies who do similar. Not to say it's not sloppy as fuck, but  a million miles away from any evidence of wrongdoing.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

How is wanting board harmony on a par with totalitarian'ism? if someone get's barred from a pub because they're a trouble maker, is the barman a dictator or something? it's the same thing.

I get you have to reply to that in defence of admin/mod decisions but that makes no sense at all.

Saying act like adults is fair enough - but surely you're not as blind to see that there's a cause and effect that goes on. No-one starts on the Dude for no reason. You need to notice the patterns and how the threads start to go wayward and you can pinpoint it easily enough. 

This thread went off topic because someone was whining that I don't write articles about child abuse.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. It's fuck all to do with Rangers. I write about Rangers on a site called Rangers News where we write exclusively about Rangers. Where does stories about child abuse at any club other than Rangers fit on there?

I also do some matchday and feature interview stuff for a site called Not The Old Firm. It certainly doesnt fit into matchday content and we literally don't cover any Rangers/celtic stuff on that site (hence the name).

Most importantly. I'm not a crime writer. I'm a football one. I started this gig to write about football. Not folk abusing children. It's an incredibly sensitive subject matter and one that is much more tightly regulated under the IPSO editors code than writing about the latest Morelos rumours or why Colts should be allowed into the league system.

You wouldnt get a crime writer to do a 1200-word match report and player ratings on the whistle, no idea why people are so desperate for football writers to write about one of the most serious criminal offences there is.

That site should be called yesterday's news. I've never read an article I didn't already know from there. You guys literally copy the next day from other newspapers who had the information first. That's not journalism. Anybody these days can freelance or blog on social media. You don't need a journalism diploma to do that and that is exactly what you do without the diploma.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

How is wanting board harmony on a par with totalitarian'ism? if someone get's barred from a pub because they're a trouble maker, is the barman a dictator or something? it's the same thing.

I get you have to reply to that in defence of admin/mod decisions but that makes no sense at all.

Saying act like adults is fair enough - but surely you're not as blind to see that there's a cause and effect that goes on. No-one starts on the Dude for no reason. You need to notice the patterns and how the threads start to go wayward and you can pinpoint it easily enough. 

We don't ban people to make the board more harmonic. That means we bring into play opinions which you know we don't.

You're asking someone to be banned because he takes threads off topic. But threads go off topic because he takes a shit tonne of personal abuse.

You and others need to realise that. 

I reiterate what 2 other Admin have said. You think he's out of line - report it. 

We're not going to comment on it anymore. 

Any personal abuse in here will be hidden, if it continues bans will be handed out. Anything off topic will also be hidden.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And to get your way it needs to typically fall in line those controlling. 

To be fair to Robertson much of what many think is corruptness came from March onwards., heading towards the end of his tenure.

Always get the bird to do the dumping. Less psycho behaviour tends to follow.

And she got her way for a long time. It was only once she didn't she shouted corruption.

There was no cry of corruption when the SPFL approved their temporary groundshare at Tynecastle and moved their fixtures around so they weren't scheduled to play at home because they forgot to order seats. Of course, oor Ann had a seat on the board when that was going on.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That site should be called yesterday's news. I've never read an article I didn't't already know from there. You guys literally copy the next day from other newspapers who had the information first. That's not journalism. Anybody these days can freelance or blog on social media. You don't need a journalism diploma to do that and that is exactly what you do without the diploma.

:lol: :tu:

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That site should be called yesterday's news. I've never read an article I didn't't already know from there. You guys literally copy the next day from other newspapers who had the information first. That's not journalism. Anybody these days can freelance or blog on social media. You don't need a journalism diploma to do that and that is exactly what you do without the diploma.

You've read all 4000+ on there I've written? Or the other 8000+ written by my colleagues? Impressive

Where did you read our exclusive with Davie Robertson that I posted on Saturday? Or the one with Jon Daly a few weeks ago?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tbh, I've dealt with far bigger companies who do similar. Not to say it's not sloppy as fuck, but  a million miles away from any evidence of wrongdoing.

I am a Chartered person and have run large contracts as well as Supporters Clubs and other clubs. 

I have never known a set of minutes not to be adopted. Ever.

Sometimes they need changed to reflect someones opinion of the meeting but 15 unapproved !!!

What do they say that nobody will propose and second ?

That has the potential to reek. 

6 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We don't ban people to make the board more harmonic. That means we bring into play opinions which you know we don't.

You're asking someone to be banned because he takes threads off topic. But threads go off topic because he takes a shit tonne of personal abuse.

You and others need to realise that. 

I reiterate what 2 other Admin have said. You think he's out of line - report it. 

We're not going to comment on it anymore. 

Any personal abuse in here will be hidden, if it continues bans will be handed out. Anything off topic will also be hidden.

I'm not asking for anyone to be banned. I'm saying if you cared about board harmony, not having to lock threads, cater to tarrier apologists and stop a huge percentage of the infighting then you'd get rid of him.

and I'll reiterate what we spoke about in PM's and what I literally mentioned 2 comments ago that the reports do nothing. People were getting called racist and told to fuck off and find another club to support last week off members on here which I mentioned to you in PM? what was done? fuck-all, just a polite PM back about how you appreciate the message etc. 

You preach one thing but do another.

4 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I am a Chartered person and have run large contracts as well as Supporters Clubs and other clubs. 

I have never known a set of minutes not to be adopted. Ever.

Sometimes they need changed to reflect someones opinion of the meeting but 15 unapproved !!!

What do they say that nobody will propose and second ?

That has the potential to reek. 

Sainsburys were notorious for it.

You've read all 4000+ on there I've written? Or the other 8000+ written by my colleagues? Impressive.

Where did you read our exclusive with Davie Robertson that I posted on Saturday?

For some reason they come into my notifications and 90% of them are a day old. I'm not making it up.

I just think you call yourself a journalist too loosely when you have no education to back it up.

Call yourself a blogger or freelance writer would sound more accurate.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not asking for anyone to be banned. I'm saying if you cared about board harmony, not having to lock threads, cater to tarrier apologists and stop a huge percentage of the infighting then you'd get rid of him.

and I'll reiterate what we spoke about in PM's and what I literally mentioned 2 comments ago that the reports do nothing. People were getting called racist and told to fuck off and find another club to support last week off members on here which I mentioned to you in PM? what was done? fuck-all, just a polite PM back about how you appreciate the message etc. 

Unsure if you've meant to directly contradict yourself?

That's shite mentioning the PM, I answered a couple of your questions when I didn't need to entertain it. 

I don't get why you keep coming back if you don't like it this much. 

I'd say PM me to keep it on topic but that wasn't much use the last time...

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

As much as  @The Dude annoys me. I never had you down as someone who would be reporting people, and sending  PM's to admin to get someone banned. 

Pretty sad tbh.

Just now, bluenoz said:

For some reason they come into my notifications and 90% of them are a day old. I'm not making it up.

I just think you call yourself a journalist too loosely when you have no education to back it up.

I literally call myself what my job title is on my contract of employment.

I'm not a freelance writer when I have a full-time staff contract.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Is it yesterdays date on the article itself? Might be something to do with the RSS feed not pulling them quickly enough.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. It's fuck all to do with Rangers. I write about Rangers on a site called Rangers News where we write exclusively about Rangers. Where does stories about child abuse at any club other than Rangers fit on there?

I also do some matchday and feature interview stuff for a site called Not The Old Firm. It certainly doesnt fit into matchday content and we literally don't cover any Rangers/celtic stuff on that site (hence the name).

Most importantly. I'm not a crime writer. I'm a football one. I started this gig to write about football. Not folk abusing children. It's an incredibly sensitive subject matter and one that is much more tightly regulated under the IPSO editors code than writing about the latest Morelos rumours or why Colts should be allowed into the league system.

You wouldnt get a crime writer to do a 1200-word match report and player ratings on the whistle, no idea why people are so desperate for football writers to write about one of the most serious criminal offences there is.

That is fair enough in parts.

But why would you not write about a football club that has lied and cheated it's whole history. More recently to get to their tainted 8 3/4 titles, jogging along as if their the bees knees and untouchable. They are untouchable because people like you and your fellow press and media colleagues refuse to link it to how they have behaved the last 45 or more years and beyond. They have carte blanche to do as they like because they are unchallenged from all corners, press, media, politicians etc. etc. 

They should be closed down and stripped of all titles, if, as it will be proved, they covered up child abuse. 

So in summary, football club wins multiple football trophies while said football club hides its dark history. Why is that not connected to football writers writing about their footballing  history?  So you see a pattern here. Football is mentioned a lot. 

The always cheated never defeated mantra about sums them up. Deny and deflect is how they survive. If you in any way had any sympathy for Rangers Football Club, then you would go after this corrupt football club with no mercy. 

I suppose it is hard to put your head above the parapet when you are unsure the reaction of their more diseased fanatics. They have previous for frightening referees, football players, relatives of family of CSA victims, etc. etc. 

All this is IMHO. 

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Unsure if you've meant to directly contradict yourself?

That's shite mentioning the PM, I answered a couple of your questions when I didn't need to entertain it. 

I don't get why you keep coming back if you don't like it this much. 

I'd say PM me to keep it on topic but that wasn't much use the last time...

I only mentioned the PM because you said about me mentioning the forums totalitarian stance. As far as I'm aware, I only mentioned that to you, in my PM among concerns I had. So you brought it up on here first.

I didn't contradict myself. What I "meant" rather than begging for him to be banned was more there's justification for it, should you care about board harmony. And you've said you don't. Which is fine.

I do like it here, that's why I'm saying what I'm.

Lastly put your dummy back in, you mentioned what I said to you in the PM first. 

8 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

As much as  @The Dude annoys me. I never had you down as someone who would be reporting people, and sending  PM's to admin to get someone banned. 

Pretty sad tbh.

Not it wasn't like that at all. I didn't PM admin to get the Dude banned. It was a load of other stuff, regards the forum's stance on a few things.

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Why didn’t he resign then?

OK I dont know if he did or didn't.

My point being its unclear what he tried to change or influence in the first half of his year on the Board, and criticise him off the back of it. Maybe he could have resigned for that or other matters, or maybe it was safer to keep the seat at the table.

I've little time at all for Robertson, he's weak as fuck. But all this blatant shenanigans kicked off in March imo, its harsh to claim he did fuck all until on his way out. Thats unclear.

And I sern to have responded part reply to Dude on this reply to you. Fuck knows why I did that 😁

Archived