Rioting in M/chester from 11.30am

Gaffbear

I like a drink but if I had been able to afford Manchester I'd have paced myself over the day, a small number of people, maybe English, maybe not, made an embarassment of thousands of decent Bears, there can be no excuses made for the small number of twats, blame GMP, blame press, blame The sun (scummy bassas), blame everybody but don't forget to blame that small number of idiots wearing Rangers colours who needed very little excuse to drag our name through the shoite!

We should be able to travel to a major final and enjoy the occasion.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No statements, no replies nothing to defend the support will come from the club or Murray..... random pish, random pish

:rolleyes:

Prove me wrong then ? :rolleyes:

Then you must give me time, since you introduced an imprecise future period, but make no mistake, I will prove your wrong.

No statements, no replies nothing to defend the support will come from the club or Murray..... random pish, random pish

:rolleyes:

Prove me wrong then ? :rolleyes:

Then you must give me time, since you introduced an imprecise future period, but make no mistake, I will prove your wrong.

Il be waiting a while then. :sherlock:

we were in albert square and never saw any trouble

ive not seen any footage of trouble where it wasnt dark

:rangers: till i die

ps Ballack just scored a beltur of a free kick

Grammar Oleg. Mind that grammar!

I can't see SDM defending us one iota.

Well spotted. (tu)

I've got a Masters in Pendantry (admittedly its an Honorary one).

I have great respect for the pedants of the wolrd but be careful how you pronounce it.

Guest Andypendek

TO THE GMP: AN APOLOGY

I came back from Manchester sick of everything, and particularly the coppers who decided to do their rightly famous 'Pinochet Assault Squad' tribute routine on our skulls. I've been nursing a sense of hatred toward these fascist lowlifes ever since, but now I must apologise! Rioting from 11-30, says the Sun! Good Lord! And those cops stood there, smiling, joking, helping out with directions, playing football, putting up with well over 100,000 people havin a pish on their pavements. All the while, as Sly Stone would have said, There's a Riot goin' on! Perhaps the legendary Artful Dod-ger snuck into Manchester on the morning of the game, and stole all their radios. Anyway, I was wrong to criticise them. They are plainly virtuous and decent, paragons of mercy in a cruel, harsh world.

Or, alternatively, perhaps the sun is writing a lot of total shite. I can't argue with much in the report, other than their blank refusal to admit they screwed up big time with the organising. I hope Murray and the rest ignore the shite the papers have come out with, other than to let whoever wrote the story in today's paper that they're PNG at Ibrox. I don't go out and shoot every dog that craps outside my house, after all.

You may choose to believe on this if you like, however from what i've been told rangers won't escape softly (his words not mine), he said the fine rangers will get is just over the 500k mark and a 2 home behind closed door games (didn't say if this is uefa or CL games) also said something about SDM making anouncment in the next few weeks regarding rangers football club.

can any share holders, agm, rst guys confirm this?

i cannot reveal my source, however all will be revealed soon.

ps

I'm guessing the fine is something about GMC (greater manchester council) suing RFC <cr>

Guest Andypendek

Seems unlikely, as UEFA have no juristiction outside the actual stadium and as far as I know are unable to hold club's accountable for civil disorder/polic brutality. But you can never tell.

You may choose to believe on this if you like, however from what i've been told rangers won't escape softly (his words not mine), he said the fine rangers will get is just over the 500k mark and a 2 home behind closed door games (didn't say if this is uefa or CL games) also said something about SDM making anouncment in the next few weeks regarding rangers football club.

can any share holders, agm, rst guys confirm this?

i cannot reveal my source, however all will be revealed soon.

ps

I'm guessing the fine is something about GMC (greater manchester council) suing RFC <cr>

Is your source a taxi-driver, man in pub, a tim or junkie? Sorry, the last two are the same.

UEFA said Rangers would receive no punishment due to the trouble including the stabbing being outside the stadium.

Seems unlikely, as UEFA have no juristiction outside the actual stadium and as far as I know are unable to hold club's accountable for civil disorder/polic brutality. But you can never tell.

True, UEFA cannot discipline us based on what went on at Piccadilly square and surrounding area.

Rioting all day my arse.

I thought scotland today really went over the score tonight when they made a point of comparing us in Manchester to septic in Suvulle. Are they really expecting us to believe that it's the same having a final at the other end of Europe, where only your supporters will attend, to having it right in the middle of our own country where any tom, dick and paddy can pitch up and cause mayhem at our expense <_<.

I know Celtic fans who were in Suvull and saw mayhem there too but the coppers there had it under control with drunk tanks and on the spot fines.

The GMP and GMCC were a joke.

I for one was told by a copper to pish in an Abbey National doorway and 1 guy i saw got a copper to hold his beer while he pished up a lane next to Albert Sq.

Nearly 200,000 decended onto Manchester,the population of Dundee and i would say there was probably less bother than a Friday or Saturday night in Dundee.

The only trouble i saw was on sky news when i went to Frankie and Benny's for breakfast on the Thursday and i was out till after 2 on the wednesday night after the game and saw nothing at all.

Saying that by 2 o'clock i was lucky to see my feet . <cr>

I see they are now saying we rioted in Manchester from 11.30am,that we looted shops and merchandise stalls,fought with locals and police.I asked coppers outside Bar 38 at tea time if there had been any bother and he said only the Zenit fans throwing flares and chairs at Rangers fans and coppers.

They are blaming us for urinating in the street when they didn't supply enough toilets.I was asking a copper where to piss at Albert square and he said in that doorway mate.......then they turn on us for doin it.

But as far as the first bit goes then i must have been living on a defferent planet cos i saw nothing at all all day.

we got to manchester about 11.30 -12 and all the way in on the bus from the stad we were all singing and all the residents we passed were waving, we walked about the town centre wi no bother anywhere til about 2pm then we went to picadilly and from we got there there were fans on top of the wee shop but they were all having a laugh ,the only dodgy thing was it looked a bit dangerous , i took loads of photos of it, then a cpl went up on the carling or whatever lorry and soon that was really full on top too,but nothing happened until about 6pm when some guys were throwing pkts of crisps then btls of water but it was still in good fun and there were 3 coppers standing underneath them the WHOLE time, then the guys on top (we thought) were throwing stuff and a few ppl got hit, then the screens fucked up, then it started getting dodgy but more cos ppl were crushing.the three coppers had just disappeared round about then still never said a word to anyone,then we left.still all the way to the velodrome, the residents were waving and watching us all singing . but why do we even bother to try defend ourselves from the papers cos they're just gonny make up more shit tomorrow!

Rioting all day my arse.

Isn't the only source of this 'rioting' from 11.30 a.m. the OP of this thread, Gaffbear? Everybody's going on about the report but it doesn't say that. People seem to be taking more notice of a poor thread title than what was actually said by the authors of the report.

buba:

Absolutely no chance of any further action from UEFA. What happened was not anywhere near the stadium and the organisation have already distances themselves from debating the issue further. Like most things, they're not interested.

As for GMP or MCC suing our club, again there's no chance of that. The city made over £20million from the day - spending only around 1.5% of that on the organisation and the clean-up.

The report clearly says a tiny minority of the biggest travelling support ever (<1% of around 150-200,000 people) were involved in the problems. While the red-tops will never concentrate on that positive, we should and continue to point that out to anyone who raises the topic.

Time for everyone to move on IMO.

Rioting all day my arse.

Isn't the only source of this 'rioting' from 11.30 a.m. the OP of this thread, Gaffbear? Everybody's going on about the report but it doesn't say that. People seem to be taking more notice of a poor thread title than what was actually said by the authors of the report.

All i did was copy the headline in the paper.

Don't shoot the messenger

Rioting all day my arse.

Did you? Then I apologise. The fact is the report didn't say there was 'rioting' from 11.30 a.m.

Rioting all day my arse.

Did you? Then I apologise. The fact is the report didn't say there was 'rioting' from 11.30 a.m.

Apology accepted.....i was in the car wi the big boys heading down to see you there :mutley::mutley:

Rioting all day my arse.

Apology accepted.....i was in the car wi the big boys heading down to see you there :mutley::mutley:

Lucky escape then. :) What 'newspaper' used that headline?