Boyd bid rejected - official

Ibroxblue

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if thy could just explain to me why McCulloch wasn't sold.

Good news regarding Boyd though, what was the official bid? I've heard conflicting figures.

Great stuff. TBH, who needs figures etc, i reckon it says all it needs to say!

Am not a fan of all these "we turned down x amount for so and so", they always strike me as trying to up the price rather than not selling

Wonder why it doesn't say, Kris has indicated he doesn't want to leave and we don't want to sell him... ;)

Blue Dignity is working on a formula the now.

Very informative. :lol:

Is that the shortest press release in history? Good news though, it at least shows that Boyd is still in the manager's plans for next season. (tu)

or that maybe we're holding out for more money?

Most clubs reject the first offer, the transfer saga may be just beginning.

Unless you're selling one of the best right backs on the planet half way through a title challenge eh?

Wonder why it doesn't say, Kris has indicated he doesn't want to leave and we don't want to sell him... ;)

Blue Dignity is working on a formula the now.

That made me laugh out loud :D:D:lol::lol:

Unless you're selling one of the best right backs on the planet half way through a title challenge eh?

That was the second offer, although we did accept the first offer as well. That was a weird one, we accepted 8 and then they upped it to 9.

We accepted the 1st offer. Hutton KB'd it. They then offered him more money not us.

We accepted then apllied the pressure on the young lad.

heres more...I can see this not being the end of the matter...selling Boyd would be mad am fumin about it

Exclusive by Darrell King

RANGERS today rejected a £2.5million bid from Cardiff City for striker Kris Boyd.

But SportTimes understands the Bluebirds will come back in with an improved offer and are willing to go to £3.5m for their number one striking target.

Whether that will receive a different response from Ibrox remains to be seen - and Boyd could also need some convincing and a big wage hike to consider the move.

But sources at Cardiff say they are prepared to dig deep in terms of the fee and salary required to try and lure the Scotland man to the club.

advertisement

Boyd said this week that he wants to stay and fight for his place after Rangers shelled out over £6m to bring in three strikers in the shape of Kenny Miller, Andrius Velcika and Kyle Lafferty.

But if Rangers were to accept an offer for his services and tell him he is not part of the plans that will change the equation - and Cardiff's moves in the past 24 hours could also spark interest from other clubs in the goal-machine. Cardiff boss Dave Jones tried to get Boyd before he signed for Rangers in January 2006 for £400,000, and has cash to spend after selling Aaron Ramsay to Arsenal for £5million.

He has also removed £20,000 a week Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink from the wage bill, while Robbie Fowler is on a pay-as-you-play £20,000 a week deal.

Last season's FA Cup losing finalists would be prepared to offer Boyd around £15,000 a week - more than he is on at Rangers - but the player could take some convincing to go there.

Lafferty's signing was secured last night, but with Alan Gow's move the other way to Burnley collapsing, Rangers have agreed to pay more for the Northern Ireland striker.

The original deal was Gow, £3m plus £250,000 in appearance add-ons, and 10% of any future profit from a sale.

But Rangers will now have to put around another £500,000 into the deal as Gow has decided against moving to Turf Moor, even though the Clarets have given him a deadline of next Thursday to make up his mind.

Meanwhile, Belgian club Germinal Beerschot are ready to pull the plug on their move for Thomas Buffel.

The Gers outcast has been told he is free to go with a year of his deal to run as Smith looks to get his £17,000-a-week salary off the wage bill.

Germinal are keen on taking him home, but Buffel wants to wait until after Euro 2008 to see if he has more options when the market speeds up.

"We cannot wait forever on Thomas and we are ready to start looking at other alternatives," confirmed the Germinal chairman.

Buffel's agent, Kees Ploegsma, said: "It's a quiet market with the championships on. We will wait until after the finals to see what options Thomas has."

Rangers have confirmed that they will play a friendly against Liverpool at Ibrox on Saturday, August 2. Gers chief executive Martin Bain said: "We are pleased to confirm Liverpool will be heading to Ibrox as part of our pre-season programme."

Publication date 20/06/08

£2.5 million was rejected, doesnt mean he wont go though.

If we get a similar ammount to what we paid for Lafferty, he will be sold IMO

I don't think even Walter is crazy enough to sell our top scorer of the past few seasons.

I think he's been looking for a partner for him.