I am now OK.... It took this...

cooper1989

The Russians.. destroying the Dutch... I fancied the Dutch to win it all. But NOW I know.. WHY Wattie played it like he did on May 14th. he had to. Because.. we saw tonight (last night) how good these guys are. I now say thank F*CK for Walter Smith for putting out a game plan in the UEFA CUP Final so we didn't get slaughtered.

Thank you Walter. Hopefully our fans that have slagged you for that night will also see the light.

I know I was one.... and I'm sorry...

We are the People!

The Russian national team IS NOT Zenit St Petersberg

Walter got the tactics, substitutions and game plan wrong in the UEFA Cup final

However, that is now past and we now move on

We were piss poor in Manchester. Walter got it wrong in the Final.

Russia may not be Zenit but they are similar in style.

No point now in arguing what was right and wrong in the UEFA CF but it was interesting to watch the Russians contain the Dutch. It will be very interesting to watch Zenit in Europe next season.

Great show by the Russians....my son has a bet on them to win the competition. I for one was celebrating just getting to the final of the UEFA cup..it was party time just to be there. To win it would have been a bonus.

Cousin has more blame than Walter ever could due to his red card ruling him out of a final when we were short on forward options. Don't forget the injuries. Had Beasley been fully fit, he would've started with Whittaker moving back to right back.

I agree with the original poster.

Also, no team had more players in the Russian squad than Zenit.

Zenit were also better rested, at the start of their season than we were as we played the first of 5 matches in 10 days, after weeks of two matches per week.

I would take a few of the Russians for Ibrox next season.

Zenit were a good side but Walter was far too negative....Novo and Boyd from the start and we could have won UEFA cup.

Either you over-rate Boyd and Novo or under-rate Zenit.

I'll still thank Walter. IF we nicked a goal early (esp when JCD played it in to Barry)... I'm pretty sure Zenit would have found another 3 gears to go to. In fact.. I barely remember Arshavin in that game. BUT.. we'll move on. As I said.. I now can. I was having difficulty before yesterday -- seriously. It was good 'therapy'.

I'll still thank Walter. IF we nicked a goal early (esp when JCD played it in to Barry)... I'm pretty sure Zenit would have found another 3 gears to go to. In fact.. I barely remember Arshavin in that game. BUT.. we'll move on. As I said.. I now can. I was having difficulty before yesterday -- seriously. It was good 'therapy'.

I would agree coop to be honest, I felt even if we had scored, they had something more to give. I just wish we had had a proper go at stages in the game.

Zenit will be plundered of their best players and may struggle, that was a brilliant performance by the Russians last night, how good would that be if we played like that?

Outwith of Arshavin that is far from certain.

Russian teams are pretty much the ONLY teams who can compete with England financially.

Cousin has more blame than Walter ever could due to his red card ruling him out of a final when we were short on forward options. Don't forget the injuries. Had Beasley been fully fit, he would've started with Whittaker moving back to right back.

I agree with the original poster.

Also, no team had more players in the Russian squad than Zenit.

Zenit were also better rested, at the start of their season than we were as we played the first of 5 matches in 10 days, after weeks of two matches per week.

(tu) Think it was 6 out of the 11 starting lineup.

I would take a few of the Russians for Ibrox next season.

Zenit were a good side but Walter was far too negative....Novo and Boyd from the start and we could have won UEFA cup.

If we had played any other way it could've been a 5-0 thrashing mate. Novo & Boyd are of no use when the ball is in our box.

23-Man Squad for Euro 2008.

No. Pos. Player Club

1 GK Igor Akinfeev CSKA Moscow

16 GK Vyacheslav Malafeev Zenit Saint Petersburg

12 GK Vladimir Gabulov Dynamo Moscow

4 DF Sergey Ignashevich CSKA Moscow

22 DF Aleksandr Anyukov Zenit Saint Petersburg

5 DF Aleksei Berezutskiy CSKA Moscow

2 DF Vasili Berezutskiy CSKA Moscow

8 DF Denis Kolodin Dynamo Moscow

14 DF Roman Shirokov Zenit Saint Petersburg

3 DF Renat Yanbayev Lokomotiv Moscow