Could anybody see us make no more signings?

Boab

Walter may think that we done so well last season and may not want to spend much more if he can't find anything, he doesn't seem in any hurry.

After all, he did say today: "We're always looking around and there are one or two positions where I would hope to strengthen.

"The squad has improved with the players we have brought in so far and hopefully that stands us in good stead.''

Looking at the midfield, as I can't see any more strikers being brought in, we have:

On the left: Adam, McCulloch, DMB, even Whittaker, Lafferty

On the right: Burke but out injured, DMB, McCulloch, Novo, Miller?, Whittaker

And after all, we did 'do so well' with all these players last season? :huh:

Maybe another centre back but there has been Webster, Weir and Dailly all brought in so he might not feel it isn't essential? Yes, maybe make enquiries for Reynolds or Suchy but I don't think he sees it as essential. And is Stevie Smith still about, and I also think that the Gaffer could see Kirk and Whittaker 'as enough' but I don't.

I don't think those chioces are any-where good enough but he might. What do you think? We still need 3-5 more players IMO.

I reckon he'll pull a few signings out the bag yet.

He really should know that the team needs to be much stronger. Yes, last year was good for the current team (no matter what eventually happened) but a team needs to evolve and become stronger every season imo.

A quality midfielder and a replacement for Dirk Longcock are essentials in my eyes.

I reckon we'll get a few more, whether they will be the quality we need is another question?

The defence and more importantly the midfield needs strengthening big-time!

Guest johngers

I reckon we'll get Davis, a right winger and a left back.

Who that is is a different matter entirely.

Tix are being connected with players all over the place all I ever see about us is in the back pages is people saying how Miller will do well, pics of him training etc Its Advokats turn today I think Ibrox are paying people to do this :crabpipe:

The question we all should be asking is ..... Where is the quality we were prommised?

We all accepted when Walter spent the best part of £12m bringing in the likes of Cousin, Darcheville, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Thomson, Gow, Naismith, McCulloch and Beasley etc. as we knew he was building the foundations of a squad. We knew we had to bring in more quantity last season than actual quality as our squad was depleted and needed a major revampt.

However we accepted these players on the promise that THIS summer we would start adding the quality to what is a very full but mediocre squad. I'm sorry but players like Miller, Velicka and Lafferty are no where near the standard of player that I was expecting to be signed this season and as far as i'm concerned they will make little improvement to our starting 11, something which Walter should be addressing.

Tix are being connected with players all over the place all I ever see about us is in the back pages is people saying how Miller will do well, pics of him training etc Its Advokats turn today I think Ibrox are paying people to do this :crabpipe:

I dont really care who is linked with who, transfer windows are full of rumours about as reliable as loose women is entertaining!

Just for arguments sake, isnt it interesting that all these people in football say positive things about KM, yet, nobody here is willing to listen? I think it is.

To join in with the mood, nah, we wont sign anyone else, theres no time, and no money left to do it :craphead:

The question we all should be asking is ..... Where is the quality we were prommised?

We all accepted when Walter spent the best part of £12m bringing in the likes of Cousin, Darcheville, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Thomson, Gow, Naismith, McCulloch and Beasley etc. as we knew he was building the foundations of a squad. We knew we had to bring in more quantity last season than actual quality as our squad was depleted and needed a major revampt.

However we accepted these players on the promise that THIS summer we would start adding the quality to what is a very full but mediocre squad. I'm sorry but players like Miller, Velicka and Lafferty are no where near the standard of player that I was expecting to be signed this season and as far as i'm concerned they will make little improvement to our starting 11, something which Walter should be addressing.

Who were you expecting? and define quality ;)

(you will notice i made no daft mentions of ronaldos or Kakas, is just an interesting point)

I think there will be other signings, reason being none of the players have modelled the latest shirt yet at a press conference! :craphead:

haha, good point. As my good lady always said about KM, hes too ugly to be a bear, so, maybe thats why there have been none yet. We need to sign some handsome players, with nice hair!

One, maybe two at most.

I think the quality of the player to come in depends on getting more deadwood off the wage bill though. If we're stuck with the likes of Cousin etc then i wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with only Berra or Reynolds coming in.