Alexander interesting West Ham?

Boab

West Ham eye £1m bid for Rangers hero goalkeeper Neil Alexander

Jul 14 2008

WEST HAM are eyeing a £1million offer for Rangers keeper Neil Alexander.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley could soon be left without an experienced stopper as first choice Robert Green is interesting a number of clubs. Understudy Richard Wright is also set to quit Upton Park with Ipswich close to finalising a £500,000 deal.

Should both moves go through it would leave Curbishley without and experienced keeper and Alexander is on his radar after an impressive campaign at Ibrox.

With Allan McGregor nearing full-fitness for the start of the new season Alexander will be back as second choice at Ibrox and therefore may be tempted to return south.

Rangers still have former Kilmarnock keeper Graeme Smith on their books as their third pick.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20643138/

Doubt he'd want to go, he wanted to come up here after all to be 2nd choice and I don't think he'd move again to do the same when I think also one of the reasons moving here was a good thing was for his family.

i fucking hate english teams, think they can buy anybody;.

i know mate its a shame why we cant compete with teams like that after all we are a much bigger club its awfull

but hey mate

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

£1m for an average 30 year old keeper who was signed in January for half of that?

Deal for me.

I disagree. He's a very able deputy for Mcgregor and he's also a great lad to have around the place.

£1m for an average 30 year old keeper who was signed in January for half of that?

Deal for me.

I disagree. He's a very able deputy for Mcgregor and he's also a great lad to have around the place.

He's an able deputy but £1m could buy a more than able deputy.

As for your second point, how do you know? <cr>

Goalkeepers sometimes improve with age, and I think he still has something like 2.5 years left on his contract, for these two reasons in particular I would expect a lot more than £1 million for him. As has been said he has been an able deputy for when McGregor was out injured, and I think it would be tough to find another goalie for a million even if it is only as back up. Unless of course people want to promote Smith and bring Robinson in as the reserve goalie! :craphead:

We wouldnt be able to find a good replacement for the money.

Besides, he left being a first choice keeper (albeit with Ipswitch) to be a second choice goalie, and he appears to be enjoying the competition.