Gow signing

Danny

We've brough in Gow, a left sided attacker. Is this purely because we want rid of Buffel and need a replacement?

Or does Smith plan to replace Adam on the left wing with a more mobile player - AKA Gow?

Its not Ronaldinho or Cristanio Ronaldo we have signed.

If I am being honest, All 3 of them shouldn't be regulars and we should be looking to bring in better players with the 3 players you mention used every now and again.

I think Gow may prove a very valuable asset.

We will have to wait and see how things work out, but I believe Buffel will be transferred and Adam will struggle to make the team this coming season.

I think Gow may prove a very valuable asset.

We will have to wait and see how things work out, but I believe Buffel will be transferred and Adam will struggle to make the team this coming season.

I agree Gow looks as tho' he has something, the ability to create, something we currently sadly lack.

I do think that the perception of Gow bring a left winger is wrong in my opinion.

I don't know Alan personally, but I do know somebody who does and we were speaking about Alan fairly recently and he was telling me that Alan really doesn't like playing left wing/midfield. And although he likes to cut inside, he sees himself a striker.

I think we've just got got carried away, with him being left sided and skillful and then just assume he can play left wing. I agree that he drifts to the wing but so does Henry and hes not a left midfielder.

To answer the question some more, I do we think we need a Lee Martin type player to compliment Charlie but I don't think we can pin all our hopes on Gow...for left wing I mean..where I think he'll be a very good striker for us

I do think that the perception of Gow bring a left winger is wrong in my opinion.

I don't know Alan personally, but I do know somebody who does and we were speaking about Alan fairly recently and he was telling me that Alan really doesn't like playing left wing/midfield. And although he likes to cut inside, he sees himself a striker.

I think we've just got got carried away, with him being left sided and skillful and then just assume he can play left wing. I agree that he drifts to the wing but so does Henry and hes not a left midfielder.

To answer the question some more, I do we think we need a Lee Martin type player to compliment Charlie but I don't think we can pin all our hopes on Gow...for left wing I mean..where I think he'll be a very good striker for us

You are correct, Gow sees himself as a striker but the step up in divisions was too much so the next option was to play him wide to cut in from the right. This did not seem to work consistently, and he has played mostly on the left this season.

If you think back to his last game at Ibrox he got no change out of Hutton in the first half and was switched to the right to play against Murray for the second half and he began to look like a decent player. The problem for me is that he is lacking in pace to play wide and although I don't think Adam is good enough he will always score more than Gow and will create more as well.

Smith himself said he sees Adam as a more central player, its just that he has been able to play out wide where we are a bit thin. Buffel will be going as he will be the only player of actual worth, and his transfer fee is needed elsewhere.