Lafferty refund?

LegendofCoop

I thought Miller had a good game, faded away in the 2nd half.

No doubt your'e going to tire,when your'e doing the work of two men.A change of partner, and we will see the best of Miller(for 90 mins.) (tu)

I'd like to see Miller and Lafferty up front together actually (tu)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one game,I'd love to see Lafferty played up the middle,and Boyd played wide left.Then maybe would could make an actual comparison. (tu)

at just under 10 times the original value of boyd, I would expect a that wee bit better wouldnt you...

I'd hate to see that PB, there is a chance we'd drop points. For me, Miller and Lafferty should be played upfront. Lafferty didn't deserve to be dropped after the game at the piggery.

For one game,I'd love to see Lafferty played up the middle,and Boyd played wide left.Then maybe would could make an actual comparison. (tu)

Tbh I don't think I ever want to see that :lol:

Well lafferty being played out wide makes him exempt from critiscm in a lot of peoples eyes, despite his lack of footballing attributes, would that be the same for boyd? aye right :rolleyes:

Given the chance, I'd round up every single one of our strikers into a big bag (kinda like a goodie bag) and sell it for £7m.

I'd make some kind of frankenstein monster out of them so that we've got a striker with Millers pace and workrate, Novo's passion and Boyd's finishing skills. Then at least we'd have one striker worthy of Rangers, Novilloyd :craphead:

Well lafferty being played out wide makes him exempt from critiscm in a lot of peoples eyes, despite his lack of footballing attributes, would that be the same for boyd? aye right :rolleyes:

80% of the posts in an 11 page thread absolutely hammering the big man, yet you think he's exempt from criticism? :blink:

Am I missing something?

If Miller had any kind of a first touch he could score so many more goals.

I noticed yesterday that Miller does indeed have a GREAT first touch......with his head, chest & thigh...everything bar his feet! :lol:

It's un-canny! You watch him next time....brilliant at turning a player so long as he's not doing so with the ball at his feet! (tu)

No ones saying he's exempt from criticism, but Im pointing out that he's much better up front than he is on the left. Besides some of the criticism is way overboard.

No ones saying he's exempt from criticism, but Im pointing out that he's much better up front than he is on the left. Besides some of the criticism is way overboard.

Overboard critiscm, where have I heard that before :unsure:

His first touch was poor, he lacked ideas going forward after he started getting marked out the game, he cant hit the byline and put a cross in and barely won a header (compared to how many boyd won), none of that had anything to do with his position nor would it have changed had he played up front, other than he might have more of a sniff at goal being further up the park

I'd hate to see that PB, there is a chance we'd drop points. For me, Miller and Lafferty should be played upfront. Lafferty didn't deserve to be dropped after the game at the piggery.

I'd hate to see it also Muff.There is no way Boyd could play the wing.Just wondering what his lovers would say though, if he were stuck out there?

"Oh! you can't judge him playing there he's being played out of position" comes to mind. But it's ok to slag Lafferty out there,RIGHT? :rolleyes:

Boyd was more impressive than Lafferty yesterday? Really? Ah well, at least now we know there's absolutely zero objectivity from some posters when it comes to the Boyd debate.

I'd hate to see it also Muff.There is no way Boyd could play the wing.Just wondering what his lovers would say though, if he were stuck out there?

"Oh! you can't judge him playing there he's being played out of position" comes to mind. But it's ok to slag Lafferty out there,RIGHT? :rolleyes:

So you agree lafferty is exempt from criticism by playing out there?

His first touch was poor, he lacked ideas going forward after he started getting marked out the game, he cant hit the byline and put a cross in and barely won a header (compared to how many boyd won), none of that had anything to do with his position nor would it have changed had he played up front, other than he might have more of a sniff at goal being further up the park

Do you know why he didn't do those things? Cos he isn't a winger! As for the headers, well he's not known for his aerial ability, but yeah Boyd won a few headers, guess that should make him exempt from criticism :rolleyes:

He is a decent striker who can unsettle defenders, hold the ball up well, and score goals.

Boyd was more impressive than Lafferty yesterday? Really? Ah well, at least now we know there's absolutely zero objectivity from some posters when it comes to the Boyd debate.

I thought this was a lafferty thread? The same people complain that every thread gets turned into a boyd debate but some people do nothing to stop it from going that way

Do you know why he didn't do those things? Cos he isn't a winger! As for the headers, well he's not known for his aerial ability, but yeah Boyd won a few headers, guess that should make him exempt from criticism :rolleyes:

He is a decent striker who can unsettle defenders, hold the ball up well, and score goals.

Someone who isnt a winger yet has played their for most of his club career, surely he should have adapted his play a little by now? or does he not have to cos one day he will get his shot up front he so "deserves"?

I take it you have watched every game of his up front for Burnley to make this great statement that he is the perfect striker for us?

Who said boyd was exempt from critiscm? who even said he was fantastic yesterday? I certainly didnt, but he certainly wasnt as poor as some people make out and he certainly wasnt the worst player on the park

Anyway Lafferty should never play at LW. Especially when there's Fleck, Aaron, Beasley and Naismith all fit. Why Smith chose to play him out there is beyond me, he is a striker, and if constantly played on the left will be ruined.

I thought this was a lafferty thread? The same people complain that every thread gets turned into a boyd debate but some people do nothing to stop it from going that way

Thanks for completely swerving any sort of response to TMWWBK's post.

Just because it's not a Boyd thread doesn't mean you can make overly-biased claims about his performance and expect to get away with it.

Boyd was more impressive than Lafferty yesterday? Really? Ah well, at least now we know there's absolutely zero objectivity when it comes to the Boyd debate.

Lafferty actually had quiet an impressive start to the game(for a guy being played out of position) Boyd more impressive? what game were you watching guy <cr>

Thanks for completely swerving any sort of response to TMWWBK's post.

Just because it's not a Boyd thread doesn't mean you can make overly-biased claims about his performance and expect to get away with it.

What is there to respond to? Ive already said Boyd played better than lafferty, which wasnt hard considering lafferty was pretty poor, if thats been overly biased well then im sorry, if you cant accept my opinion you can just use the ignore function

Someone who isnt a winger yet has played their for most of his club career, surely he should have adapted his play a little by now? or does he not have to cos one day he will get his shot up front he so "deserves"?

I take it you have watched every game of his up front for Burnley to make this great statement that he is the perfect striker for us?

Who said boyd was exempt from critiscm? who even said he was fantastic yesterday? I certainly didnt, but he certainly wasnt as poor as some people make out and he certainly wasnt the worst player on the park

When did I say he was the perfect striker for us? I've not seen very much of his Burnley career, but I have seen him for NI when he has played well as a striker. I've seen enough from him in those games to show that he isn't a bad player, in fact when he's played up front for us he hasn't done that badly.

I also don't recall accusing anyone of claiming Boyd was fantastic yesterday either, and of course he wasn't the worst player on the park. The worst player would have been in Hamilton's team (tu)