Lafferty refund?

LegendofCoop

Surely there must be some way we can sue Burnley under the trades description act? He's meant to be a footballer ffs. There's no way on earth you could call that performance as being anything like football.

With those gangly big legs of his all we'll get from him is the occasional hamstring pull. I've heard the arguments, play him up front etc etc blah blah......you watch him again today, lost possesion almost every time he gets the ball. Shocking. Saw nothing that could persuade me he'd be any good even as a striker.

£3.5m? Yer havin a laugh....and some folk slag off Kenny Miller's ability! doh

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until he plays in his recognised position for a sustained period of time then nobody can make a judgement on him.

Playing in a different position doesnt account for having a poor first touch and a lack of being able to win the ball in the air despite being the biggest player on the park

Seeing who Burnley got with their money makes the price we paid for him seem even more ridiculous

Until he plays in his recognised position for a sustained period of time then nobody can make a judgement on him.

No matter where you see a guy with the ball at his feet, whether he keeps the ball or not is what's important....Lafferty did nothing of importance today. We had 15 corners & he was in there for most of them & got nowhere near the ball. For someone who is 6' 6" he seemed to get even smaller when he jumped.

Aaron sitting on the bench too :angry:

What do ya expect ffs ? the boys a forward getting played at left mid, if you've watched him any time this season up front he looks a totally different player when hes played in the correct position.

So why not critisize the gaffer for a change rather than just make him another scapegoat (tu)

If only.

I have never rated Kyle Lafferty and I will never rate him.

Me neither.

We wasted money on him and Velicka.

£4.5Million is some amount of cash, that could have got us at least 2 quality first team additions

Certainly wasn't the worst player on the park today.

An absolutely ridiculous decision to play him on the left anyway, especially after he's been playing upfront recently. We had Naismith, Beasley, Aaron and Fleck on the bench ffs.

No matter where you see a guy with the ball at his feet, whether he keeps the ball or not is what's important....Lafferty did nothing of importance today. We had 15 corners & he was in there for most of them & got nowhere near the ball. For someone who is 6' 6" he seemed to get even smaller when he jumped.

He is not 6ft 6 inches tall, Nowhere near it

He has never been a great headerer of the ball

Davis's corners were deep, hanging balls, which are useless

He's pish at the moment, but will turn good IMO. Certainly not £4.5m good though, you could get a decent Eredivisie/Superliga striker for that!

Just as well we never paid £4.5 million for him them

You could buy a good Eredivisie striker for anywhere between £3m and £4.5m

Maybe you could, but he would be wasted to if he was stuck out at left midfield

He is not 6ft 6 inches tall, Nowhere near it

He has never been a great headerer of the ball

Davis's corners were deep, hanging balls, which are useless

Sorry...aye, he's only 6' 3", so well short of that! :rolleyes:

Ok, so if he can't run with the ball and can't head it...why have we got him again???

He can run with the ball as we saw today on a few occassions - when he's out on the left he always cuts inside. Not his fault he's not blessed with pace but he should try and hit the bye-line more often as he becomes far too obvious.

Or we could try playing him upfront as he's never a left sided midfielder/winger no matter how many times he's played out there through-out his short career.

I don't think he has justified the fee yet, but he has in all fairness showed glimpses of what he is capable of. As has been previousley said, he needs a sustained period of time playing his best position, centre forward.

And welcome to the forum (tu)

He definately isn't a winger, I think that's been proven repeatedly. Had Fleck, Beasley, or Aaron started on the left, there was all kinds of space they could have used to wreck havoc.

He has looked marginally better when he's played up front, but even then I don't think he has done enough to justify his price tag.

He isn't worth anywhere near £3.5 million. Look at us trying to sell Boyd who has scored a shit load for a paltry £4 million. Lafferty will never get anywhere near what Boyd has scored, so how much is he going to be worth when we shift him on?

Burnley got players like Chris Eagles + others with that money, while we are stuck with this beanpole dud. Coyle seen Walter coming with that deal.

Not been impressed with him so far even when up front, i'd have given him more chances up front but like others have said some of the things he gets wrong cannot be blamed on him playing out of position. I've no doubt the guy has potential but we paid 3.5 million for him, far too much on a player we didn't really need.

dont think i have ever seen a 6 foot 3 beanpole winger in fact it is pretty much the opposite of my idea of a winger a wing player should be fast skillfull low centre of gravity

guess walter has to be seen to be playing him after paying that much for him

if he plays play him upfront with a partner