A very tough evening

Danny

Last night was sincerely one of the hardest I've ever had as a Rangers supporter.

When Proctor was felled by Weir, and Black stood up to the penalty, I found myself as close to tears as I remember in all my years supporting this team.

Bad results do happen, no question about that, but the quite atrocious performance which preceded the penalty had built up and up, and by the time the stadium was only a third full (full credit to all fans who stayed to the whistle - every right to jeer after that unnacceptable display) the tears were welling up as they converted their chance.

That for me hurt. It hurt as losing the league hurt last year. As losing the Uefa Cup final did. As Kaunas did. It even reminded me of 1993.

Yes, it was only the SPL, and yes, only one game - but the pain of seeing such an empty, atrocious performance summed up by a man sent off, then losing the game - that was agony.

How long before the club and us fans recover from that?

Last night was sincerely one of the hardest I've ever had as a Rangers supporter.

When Proctor was felled by Weir, and Black stood up to the penalty, I found myself as close to tears as I remember in all my years supporting this team.

Bad results do happen, no question about that, but the quite atrocious performance which preceded the penalty had built up and up, and by the time the stadium was only a third full (full credit to all fans who stayed to the whistle - every right to jeer after that unnacceptable display) the tears were welling up as they converted their chance.

That for me hurt. It hurt as losing the league hurt last year. As losing the Uefa Cup final did. As Kaunas did. It even reminded me of 1993.

Yes, it was only the SPL, and yes, only one game - but the pain of seeing such an empty, atrocious performance summed up by a man sent off, then losing the game - that was agony.

I was round about that point as well, especially when the ball rippled the net, and Inverness fans went ballistic.

Last night's game reminded me of Panathinaikos at home - you do get defeats at Ibrox , but some just floor you. What is wrong with these players that they cannot score a single goal vs. an average Caley side , in a title race where goals matter more than ever?

Spot on.

Its one thing losing to St Mirren away from home this season, but to be beaten by ICT at ibrox is just unthinkable.

Rangers are only still in the title race because they are up against a shocking Celtic side.

Hopefully things will swing our way, but we just cant seem to grab the opportunities to maintain top of the league everytime we have them.

Its a worrying time to be a bear.

sums things up exactly Danny...thats why it felt worse thean losing to Celtic at Ibrox last time...what on earth is wrong with them....its actually scary

I feel kind of numb to games like this now. I leave feeling miserable but not angry or upset.

More embarassment than anything else I suppose.

After watching the shite we are being served up week in week out for the past few years im beginning to become numb to it all.

That saddens me more than anything else.

Celtic twice last year.

Our record at Pittodrie.

Our record at Fir Park.

The away record in general.

UEFA Cup Final.

St Mirren.

Yesterday.

So many let-downs in such a short space of time. I really wish the players on the park cared as much as we do.

One thing I was annoyed at last night was fans walking out moaning 5 minutes before the game finished, the place was near empty.

I was also close to tears, exact same feeling I felt at OF in December but on a smaller scale.

I don't think it was quite that bad tbh.

Still very bad tho.

The away record in general.

Our away record is something that really strikes a nerve with me. When we go on the road, there's very few times where we look like scoring 3 or 4, let alone 1 and holding onto it. I always worry when we go 1 down that we won't have the balls to stand up, fight back and turn the game around. Unfortunately, saving maybe this year, I think the scum have had that mentality and that makes it all the more frustrating.

It was an empty feeling. Horrible empty feeling. I just said thats the SPL over and Rangers are now in some serious danger thanks to Smith in particular. The Kaunas debacle came back and all the financial stuff too. I hate to think what might happen if we do not recover from this.

Can we - yes!

I have so much faith in Pedro Mendes.

Not Walter or Barry.

PEDRO will be our saviour.