Whitaker Yesterday

Davie2909

I thought he looked decent yesterday. Every now and then he has flashes of brilliance if only he could be consistant!

It was a cracking opening goal yesterday and he has show he can play well in big games before look at the sporting away game last season.

Whittacker is a player i feel has still alot to prove....broadfoot is really the first choice in smith's eyes.....whittacker has failed to live up to his form at hibs..... i DO feel if he got a decent run in the team ( say smith said to him - right you have 6 games in the team - its your chance to get that right back spot yours ) he would fully benift from a decent run....

I feel its his confidence thats the problem with him and sometimes when the team is under pressure....he is very scared of making a mistake on the balla nd maybe feels he could a possible scape goat for a bad result or losing a goal for example.

He always seems to be brought back in following a bad result. He is a far better all round footballer than broadfoot will ever be but Whittaker is always under pressure to prove himself. Given a good run of games the right back spot should be his - he has a good shot in him too and is a goal threat.

He was my man of the match was shocked when davis got it as I even felt Lafferty should of had a chance,

but was good to have more than one contender again.

I think your right he should be given a run to prove himself. He is much better than Broadfoot without a doubt everytime donkey broadfoot gets the ball almost shit myself cause you just know he is gonna lose it right outside our box.