Norton

kirsty_baird_26

Definitely* ... Norton is the antichrist! :pipe:

PS. Everyone please take note of how you spell "definitely". :pipe:

:pipe: What a bawbag you are.

PS. Everyone please take note of how you spell "bawbag". :pipe:

Personally, i have Norton 2009 and have had no problem with it.

They have cut back massively on the amount of resources it ueses in the background therefore making it much less noticable.

I think it has had a poor reputation because of previous verions .... 2009 is fine IMO.

• 1 month later...
Can I use the basic (free) AVG along with Virgin Media PC Guard?

Cheers.

You shouldn't really have two AV programs running. So long as you only have one doing real-time scanning, you can get away with it, but might be better to either download AVG and disable real-time scanning, or disable real-time scanning on your Virgin program before downloading AVG. Just use whichever one you have disabled as an on-demand scanner, which is not a bad idea.

I use AVG free on it's own, and have never had any problems (tu)

Can I use the basic (free) AVG along with Virgin Media PC Guard?

Cheers.

You shouldn't really have two AV programs running. So long as you only have one doing real-time scanning, you can get away with it, but might be better to either download AVG and disable real-time scanning, or disable real-time scanning on your Virgin program before downloading AVG. Just use whichever one you have disabled as an on-demand scanner, which is not a bad idea.

I use AVG free on it's own, and have never had any problems (tu)

Thanks mate, appreciated. (tu)

So would i be best to just uninstall norton and run AVG?
mind and get the norton removal tool so u get it all out try nod32 good antivirus

(tu) my dads laptop is fucked cause norton hasnt removed and now no anti virus will install.

I HATE NORTON! nod32 for me is the best anti virus you will ever get