Poor Aaron

dyzeus

Didn't he say in an interview last week that he was really excited about playing in Sunday's cup final because his Mum and Girlfriend were coming to watch? Feel sorry for the wee guy

Didn't he say in an interview last week that he was really excited about playing in Sunday's cup final because his Mum and Girlfriend were coming to watch? Feel sorry for the wee guy

Actually I feel sorry for them having to sit and watch that pish.

I must admit I feel infinitely more sympathetic towards all of the Bears who went to the game yesterday, as opposed to Aaron. I know what you mean though.

We shouldn't have to accept this dross that is being served up, week in week out. It's a travesty.

To not even put the guy in the squad is just pathetic. Playing Dailly at LM ahead of Aaron is just an unacceptable decision.

I really feel sorry for Aaron. He's being treated unreasonably badly.

To put Aaron in the squad you would have had to drop out Boyd or Novo.

Dailly had to be in the squad as was our only option for defence. What if Weir or Kirk had got injured?

Remember we only had 5 substitutes.................

Alexander was our goalkeeping option.

Dailly was an absolute must as he can cover the whole backline and the holding role.

Edu was there as cover for centre mid incase Barry or Mendes got injured.

Novo was there as he can play both wings and up front.

Boyd was there as our other centre forward option.

There was absolutely no point in having Boyd in the squad. I'd have been more than happy to have Aaron take his place. McCulloch's presence is completely unncessary as well (bar covering for Captain Undroppable), so Aaron could have taken his place as well. Why have only 1 player on the bench who has any ability to change a game, and a not fully fit one at that? Absurd decisions.

I don't buy into this 'they can cover ____ position' either. Having a player who can excel in one position is much more useful than a player who can be average in a number of positions.

There was absolutely no point in having Boyd in the squad. I'd have been more than happy to have Aaron take his place. McCulloch's presence is completely unncessary as well (bar covering for Captain Undroppable), so Aaron could have taken his place as well. Why have only 1 player on the bench who has any ability to change a game, and a not fully fit one at that? Absurd decisions.

I don't buy into this 'they can cover ____ position' either. Having a player who can excel in one position is much more useful than a player who can be average in a number of positions.

I think it would have been very unfair on Aaron to thrown him into the cup final.

He played against Hamilton last week and showed nothing to suggest that he's ready for the first team.

If we hadn't played 5 in midfield then we would have been overcrowded in the middle as they were playing 5.

If you feel Aaron should have been on the bench ahead of Boyd then fair enough, personally i don't agree with you but it's not quite as ridiculous as the usual shite you spout.

I don't hide my admiration for Boyd and i would always have him as part of the squad either starting or on the bench.

Boyd and Dailly shouldn't have been in the squad, McCulloch shouldn't have started.

But McCulloch did - he can cover CB if need be (well so some tell me on here)

Edu was on the bench - as some keep suggesting, he can play RB and CB but that's only when it suits them and they'll go back on that just to disagree.

With the team that started our bench should have been something like: Alexander, Edu, Naismith/Fleck/Aaron/Beasley and Novo.

Aaron played well when he came on against Forfar and was decent enough the following week against Hamilton - had Ferguson and Papac passed to him more often when he was in acres of space then he might have been able to do a bit more.

The matchday squad consisted of 16 players - not one winger was in that whole squad. Absolutely ridiculous. The only club in World football who have a manager who will not have one winger in a matchday squad!

Boyd and Dailly shouldn't have been in the squad, McCulloch shouldn't have started.

Edu was on the bench - as some keep suggesting, he can play RB and CB but that's only when it suits them and they'll go back on that just to disagree.

With the team that started our bench should have been something like: Alexander, Edu, Naismith/Fleck/Aaron/Beasley and Novo.

Aaron played well when he came on against Forfar and was decent enough the following week against Hamilton - had Ferguson and Papac passed to him more often when he was in acres of space then he might have been able to do a bit more.

The matchday squad consisted of 16 players - not one winger was in that whole squad. Absolutely ridiculous. The only club in World football who have a manager who will not have one winger in a matchday squad!

Sorry m8 but don't even try and blame Barry and Papac for Aaron's performance against Hamilton.

His passing was very poor, his crossing was very poor and imo his alround game was poor, he struggled to get past the fullback at all.

Aaron may be a good player in the future but i really don't think he's ready for regular first team football.

Sorry m8 but don't even try and blame Barry and Papac for Aaron's performance against Hamilton.

His passing was very poor, his crossing was very poor and imo his alround game was poor, he struggled to get past the fullback at all.

Aaron may be a good player in the future but i really don't think he's ready for regular first team football.

Who's blaming Papac and Ferguson?

I said if they had given the ball to him more often we might have seen more of him - this was discussed on here after the game and the majority of people agreed.

Walter Smith is the only manager on Earth that wouldn't have put one of Fleck, Aaron or Beasley on the bench.

Novo was quite clearly nowhere near fit enough.

Ditto Novo gave what he had but to me he only looked half fit and was wearing Nike flip flops ( Bambi on ice )

Aaron had his chance against Forfar and Hamilton and blew it. Fleck & Beasley had chances recently and blew it. Lafferty had his chance and took it.

Edward is correct, they were not ready. With Bougherra out, Dailly was our cover (I know, it is sad, but that is what we had!).

Have a think before you rant, it is quite amazing, it works! :mellow:

Aaron had his chance against Forfar and Hamilton and blew it. Fleck & Beasley had chances recently and blew it. Lafferty had his chance and took it.

Edward is correct, they were not ready. With Bougherra out, Dailly was our cover (I know, it is sad, but that is what we had!).

Its all about opinions and as for Aaron blowing his chance,in My OPINION against Forfar he scored a good goal and was only on as a sub .

Aaron had his chance against Forfar and Hamilton and blew it.

Aye, he only scored in both games.

Complete shite, he should never play for us again.

I can't believe what I read half the time on this site. The absolute dross posted by Thistledhub above is another case in point of this.

To not even put the guy in the squad is just pathetic. Playing Dailly at LM ahead of Aaron is just an unacceptable decision.

I really feel sorry for Aaron. He's being treated unreasonably badly.

To put Aaron in the squad you would have had to drop out Boyd or Novo.

Dailly had to be in the squad as was our only option for defence. What if Weir or Kirk had got injured?

Remember we only had 5 substitutes.................

Alexander was our goalkeeping option.

Dailly was an absolute must as he can cover the whole backline and the holding role.

Edu was there as cover for centre mid incase Barry or Mendes got injured.

Novo was there as he can play both wings and up front.

Boyd was there as our other centre forward option.

Edu and McCulloch can both play at the back and Edu could cover the full back positions as well! The bottom line is Uncle Walter obviosly played to nick a goal when the munchers were there for the taking!

Daily hasn't featured in the 1st team since Kaunas away and we all remember what happened that night and why we've not seen him since! An absolute JOKE!!

Were you at the match caller?! Absolutely ludicrous! You sure this isn't WS in disguise?!

Here was me thinking 07.45 was too early to be on the sauce! :clap:

Actually I feel sorry for them having to sit and watch that pish.

ahahahaha. All that way to watch that sub standard football when they could have watched under 14's back home with better skill levels.

The fact that McCulloch and Daily got in the squad before Aaron is another example Waltersaurus being too stubborn for his own good.

That doesn't look like stubborness to me -- it looks like over-cautiousness, fearfulness and negativity.

Still, I take your point.

Walter's approach to football is very depressing.