Smith quotes from Rangers' website

delparlane

"It is difficult to take but there is definitely a softness, a lack of resilience, when we are put under pressure.

"I look at my time here. I made us difficult to beat and everybody said that was the wrong thing to do.

"People now might start to see that this was the right thing to do with my group."

First one's dead on, but the last two...gies a break, mon. No one is saying that being difficult to beat is a bad thing. In essence it sounds like he's saying that it is near impossible for this group to win a game, so as long as they're "difficult to beat", then that's the best we can expect of them. Can't believe what I'm hearing here - somebody please correct me if I've taken this the wrong way.

"It is difficult to take but there is definitely a softness, a lack of resilience, when we are put under pressure.

"I look at my time here. I made us difficult to beat and everybody said that was the wrong thing to do.

"People now might start to see that this was the right thing to do with my group."

First one's dead on, but the last two...gies a break, mon. No one is saying that being difficult to beat is a bad thing. In essence it sounds like he's saying that it is near impossible for this group to win a game, so as long as they're "difficult to beat", then that's the best we can expect of them. Can't believe what I'm hearing here - somebody please correct me if I've taken this the wrong way.

That's how it reads to me too del. Unfortunately.

Come on now, Walter.

Do we not have the best defensive record in the league? We are difficult to break down when our first choice defence is in place, yes.

We have played most of the season with 4-4-2 too, not 4-5-1. However, under pressure we crumble. In the big occasions, we bottle it. It's not quite the same. We bottled it last season too, did we not?