Steve McLaren

BooghyBear

How would you feel if that were to be true? Before the England fiasco, he did a right good job at Middlesborough, and seems to be repeating the trick in Holland with Twente Enschede. We are a much bigger club than them so I'm sure we could get him if we paid the right price.

Anyone got anything to say on this proposition?

Yesh, thish might be a good option. Especially if we want to play in the Championsh League, against Arshenal, at the Emiratesh.

In all seriousness, he did a decent job at Middlesbrough and has done well with Twente but I wouldn't be overwhelmed with excitement if he were to be our new manager.

A better shout than guys like Craig Levein though.

Hahaha, how you say.....underdogsh?

I must have watched that interview about 4 or 5 times and every time it makes me laugh, without fail.

The wally with the brolly, indeed.

o good lord no. Totally useless manager, refused to drop his big players when they were woefully off form( bit like walter with ferguson). I could have got england to the euros with that squad

Not a bad shout. Learnt from Fergie at Manure, club form for Middlesborough very good, won their first ever trophy and reached the UEFA Cup final. Doing well at Twente. Had his critics though because of his 'anti-football', and as for England.....

How would you feel if that were to be true? Before the England fiasco, he did a right good job at Middlesborough, and seems to be repeating the trick in Holland with Twente Enschede. We are a much bigger club than them so I'm sure we could get him if we paid the right price.

Anyone got anything to say on this proposition?

well he is good at accents

he would be talking like a Chewing The Fat cast member within a month :craphead:

McLaren has become a far better coach since he went abroad.

No offence but how would you know that?

I'm not a fan of McLaren.

He's done okay at Twente admittedly but he inherited a good squad, the only big player who left was Engelaar, guys like Kufo and Perez who've been central to their good form where there when McLaren arrived and they play the same system and style of football they did last year under Rutten - although at least McLaren had the good sense not to fuck about with things.

But Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV are all a shambles at the moment which has helped McLaren a great deal.

McLaren is alright...probably a little better than levein, but not much. In fairness, I'd probably prefer levein.

What about that Alkmaar manager? Alkmaar are a smaller team than we are...but are doing amazing in Holland. Could we not persuade him?

I'm ashamed to say I don't know who the manager is :P *googles*

McLaren is alright...probably a little better than levein, but not much. In fairness, I'd probably prefer levein.

What about that Alkmaar manager? Alkmaar are a smaller team than we are...but are doing amazing in Holland. Could we not persuade him?

I'm ashamed to say I don't know who the manager is :P *googles*

Their manager is Louis van Gaal - no chance he's coming to Scotland.

As an aside Shota is a strikers coach at AZ now.