9 In A Row

BooghyBear

Out of the 9IAR legends, I was wondering do any of you think any are ready to step up to the plate and become the next Rangers manager? Coisty is currently coaching at Ibrox, as is Durrant, and Butcher has been about a bit. Ian Ferguson is managing in Australia.

I've often wondered why Richard Gough never went into management as he always seemed the kind of character to me that would command respect. But what of the others? I'd wager either Numan or Albertz would make a good boss but I guess we can't take a chance on someone who hasn't managed before.

So I guess that leaves Butcher, McCoist and Ferguson. I think those three would make a rather fine team of coaches and they also know what the club is all about. In my previous post I mentioned McLaren but failing that we could do worse than this.

Richard Gough did go into Management with Livingstone.

As for going back to our 9inarow era and bring in a ex player as Manager, no thanks!, we have one of the main guy's already from our 9inarow era in Walter Smith and it's failing.

Time for fresh pair of eyes and somebody with no ties to the club.

As for going back to our 9inarow era and bring in a ex player as Manager, no thanks!, we have one of the main guy's already from our 9inarow era in Walter Smith and it's failing.

spot on imo (tu)

What, like PLG?

That didn't work out, either.

It seemed natural for Gough to go into management, but outside a short stint at Livi, he has done nothing and does not even seem keen. I think his kids are based in USA now and that had something to do with it.

Bomber has tried, Spackman tried in the lower leagues as did Drinkell if I remember right. MoJo has made a name for himself in the USA. Ray Wilkins has also been involved in coaching at the top since retiring.

No obvious names though...

What, like PLG?

what so because PLG didnt work out we should go for a rangers man as our manager? just because someone has rangers in their heart dosent meen their going to lead us to success.

What, like PLG?

what so because PLG didnt work out we should go for a rangers man as our manager? just because someone has rangers in their heart dosent meen their going to lead us to success.

It was just an idea mate.

What, like PLG?

Correct. You couldnt have hand picked 3 guys who are as Rangers Minded as Smith, McCoist and Durrant, but what did it all count for?

What, like PLG?

It's always one extreme after another <cr>

Advocaat and McLeish worked out with no ties to the club, Our Squad needs gutted out and we need a fresh pair of eyes to do that.

PLG was on the right track, just he didn't work out but the time for someone like him again is needed. This going down the route of triers that are fans of the club has to stop!

how can u base a potential candidates success upon whether or not there rangers men or not . . .

personally i would love to see aa former bear in charge if they brought success it gives a nicce feel about the club . . . but i would eqaully love a non-rangers maan to cum in and bring succcess and in doing so become a new rangers man either way.

how can u base a potential candidates success upon whether or not there rangers men or not . . .

personally i would love to see aa former bear in charge if they brought success it gives a nicce feel about the club . . . but i would eqaully love a non-rangers maan to cum in and bring succcess and in doing so become a new rangers man either way.

Because right now our club needs somebody that's not to close with personal, to make changes!

We bring in somebody with past connections were just going down the same path again, we need gutted out.

tbh im not sure if i want a rangers man to be our next manager, think we need somthing a bit different.

Agree with needing something a bit different but cast your mind back to when we last tried that. If we went down that road again he would need time to bed in his own backroom staff and players, more importantly he would need to rule the dressing room and everyone must be 100% behind him. I must admit I was behind Barry in his spat with PLG but hindsight being the wonderful thimg that it is I think we made the wrong decision in giving him his P45.

Advocaat and McLeish worked out with no ties to the club, Our Squad needs gutted out and we need a fresh pair of eyes to do that.

McLeish is a Rangers man from Govan, he just never played for us.

(tu) ABSOLUTELY!

walter,ally,durrant are legends from 9iar years rangers to the core!.

but being a die hard doesnt guarantee trophies if anything its adds to the pressure as they feel what we are feeling.

fresh ideas are required,there are without a doubt managers whom have reared success on limited resources by developing and 'coaching' what is already at the club.

Van gaal for me please!