To Russia with love ?

D'Artagnan

This is on sky sports news

Zenit St Petersburg boss Dick Advocaat has hinted he would be interested in signing Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson.

Advocaat is a big admirer of Ferguson having handed him the captaincy at Ibrox during his time in charge of the club.

Ferguson's future at Rangers was the subject of conjecture during the January transfer window with the midfielder coming under fire from a section of supporters this season.

Advocaat admits he would be at the top of the waiting list to sign Ferguson if the Scottish international did become available.

"I am sure everyone in Scotland knows by now what I think of Barry Ferguson -

he's still a top player," Advocaat told the Scottish Daily Mail.

"Maybe he needs a fresh challenge elsewhere to give him new motivation. If he has been getting criticism in Scotland, then maybe he has been at Rangers too long.

"If I think I have a place for him here then he is the first one I will sign."

:D

Why the hell would Advocaat want a 31 year old finished midfielder when he could go out and buy a top drawer player?

Rubbish but how I'd love to be proved wrong and for the deal to actually happen - infact I hope for anyone decent to come in for Ferguson.

Why the hell would Advocaat want a 31 year old finished midfielder when he could go out and buy a top drawer player?

Rubbish but how I'd love to be proved wrong and for the deal to actually happen - infact I hope for anyone decent to come in for Ferguson.

Maybe he feels guilty, for playing a part in overspending when in charge :pipe: