Fuck the Scottish gutter press

MisterC

The tabloid press have blown all this way out of proportion in order to sell their papers, they are suffering from the recession too so need to sell more papers so this has given them an excuse to do their very worst. They also have a vendetta against Rangers, look at some the stuff their writers and columnists write and say about us fans and the club and the players etc. Every day on here I see people moaning about the press and yet still people will buy these papers.

I say we boycott the tabloids, make them suffer, when their sales go down big time, the likes of Rupert Murdoch will want to know why.....

The tabloid press have blown all this way out of proportion in order to sell their papers, they are suffering from the recession too so need to sell more papers so this has given them an excuse to do their very worst. They also have a vendetta against Rangers, look at some the stuff their writers and columnists write and say about us fans and the club and the players etc. Every day on here I see people moaning about the press and yet still people will buy these papers.

I say we boycott the tabloids, make them suffer, when their sales go down big time, the likes of Rupert Murdoch will want to know why.....

COUNT ME IN.

COUNT ME IN.

It will never happen, unfortunatly.

A grassroots campaign to boycott the likes if the sun, record, star, mirror, news of the screws, sunday mail etc may even work.

Its all very well saying it can't happen, but if you dont try it wont happen. I can quite easily and happily manage not to read or buy these rags, plenty of other newspapers and football news elsewhere I dont need to pay for....

COUNT ME IN.

It will never happen, unfortunately.

Agreed - I never ever buy any of the tabloid papers, and especially the Record. I think last time I bought one was 8 years ago.

Every single person that stops buying the rags however, is a few pennies less for these stinking scumbag journos...

By participatinng on messagebooards like this we are all effectively killing the press we now don't have to wait for the next days paper to read about goings on nat rangers many people find out before the press do so the more we use RM as our main source of rangers related information the more we will kill off the press this is why they print more and more sensationalist stories to try and grab readers but it's backfiring in the next 5-10 years the press will have probably have died out

I say we (Rangers Media) collect a list of the papers we wish to boycott, everyone's word that they wouldn't buy the paper and also no linking to their site via RM.

We have someone write an email to the editors of the papers stating our reason why.

If we start it and do it properly then maybe others will follow suit.

I say we (Rangers Media) collect a list of the papers we wish to boycott, everyone's word that they wouldn't buy the paper and also no linking to their site via RM.

We have someone write an email to the editors of the papers stating our reason why.

Start a petition, dunno how to do it tho !

I'd start with the Sun & Record....utter comics

dont start any petition just dont buy any papers

any thing i need i can get online

So your going to get people to sign up to say they are not going to buy any papers ?

Then what are you going to do with it ? No petition is needed.

dont start any petition just dont buy any papers

any thing i need i can get online

Not a petition but RM we as members saying we're not buying such & such a paper, or going on their website.

There could be an agreement in place between us all that we would do this as a fans group, if others catch wind then there's the possibility they will do also.

To show that we mean it we would not link anything from their sites, which is where a lot of the links come from.

We would get our links from the other papers websites etc.