Bring Barry back and win the title

minstral

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu was throwing a few tackles in today. I can't see him being bullied by the scum midfield.

Are you serious? <cr> Edu barely won any tackles today, and in fact shirked a few he should have gone into. At times the Hibs midfield just walked past him.

We need someone in midfield that will hold the ball and make decent passes, which at the moment none of our midfield seem capable of doing. This might have been the kick up the backside that Barry has needed, to show him that he is not Mr Rangers. If he comes back near the player we all know he is capable of being we will win the title as our midfield is not producing at the moment.

davis and mendes both need a kick up the ass,barry took all the flack and his absense shows its not his fault when the midfield doesnt perform.

Edu was throwing a few tackles in today. I can't see him being bullied by the scum midfield.

Are you serious? <cr> Edu barely won any tackles today, and in fact shirked a few he should have gone into. At times the Hibs midfield just walked past him.

He jumped out of a couple of 50/50s to be fair, but he put up more of a fight than Mendes and Davis did, and no less than I think Ferguson would have.

Disagree, he clattered through 1 of the Hibs boys in that 2nd half and won the ball fair and square, then went in for another straight after it.

He is a great player to have in the middle of the park. Really starting to like the big chap :)

davis mendes and to a lesser extent edu were terrible today the midfield in the last few games have been poor

the amount of second balls hibs won today was shocking once again mendes in an away game is annonymous and steve

davis whats happened to him his form has gone to pieces once again boydy fails to score in an away game against the top 6

1 against dundee utd and thats it think fergie should get a run against st mirren anyway great win today well done to velicka

great goal and worked hard

I think Ferguson will be playing in the old firm game. I'd rather drop Mendes for a couple of games rather than Edu

Mendes is the closest thing we've got to a creative midfielder, so why drop him? Edu & Ferguson together fills me with dread! :anguish:

Member hamilton away when we won 1-0 and fergie scored that was fergie's best game of the season beacuse he had edu in there,we shouldn't b talkin bout dropping edu we should b dropping mendes

bazza hasnt been missed too much but deserves a chance after all he has done for the jersey,and should go out on a high and not like this.

oh barry barry!

Rangers Football Club don't owe Barry Ferguson anything.

(tu)

We're a much better team without him.

bazza hasnt been missed too much but deserves a chance after all he has done for the jersey,and should go out on a high and not like this.

oh barry barry!

Yep all that taking pain killing injections, damaging his stomach with painkillers and playing through the pain barrier to help win us the league means nothing.......

Fuck him, that's the Rangers way......

oh barry barry!

Yep all that taking pain killing injections, damaging his stomach with painkillers and playing through the pain barrier to help win us the league means nothing.......

That could be seen as either bravery or stupidity, depending on which way you want to look at it...............

I appreciate everything Ferguson has done for Rangers, and I would never resort to calling him something along the lines of a scumbag/wanker/ned etc, etc in the way that some people do.

Ferguson has a place in the hall of fame, the record number of apperances in Europe for a Ranger, was the captain when we played in our first European cup final in 30 odd years and captained us to a memorable treble before he headed south.

All this while taking home wages which are going to leave him financially secure for the rest of his life.

He has achieved things that most Rangers fans would only dream of, so again I'll make the point. Rangers Football Club don't owe Barry Ferguson anything.

He should do the decent thing and walk away before the memories he could leave behind are blackened anymore.

oh barry barry!

Thats the sad part the abuse he is getting. :(

oh barry barry!

For which he goot very well paid for. The club doesn't owe him anything.

That doesn't mean "fuck him", just that we don't owe him another chance, if he's not performing or is a bad influence.

Edit - I should just add that I would like to see him back in the squad.

This thread totally amazes me, However you argue about the set-up & shape of the midfield, The facts are that there has been a better run of results & better consistency in the side without him !! Barry's continual bawlin & shoutin wi that pathetic "a ken better so fucking dae as yer telt"face at all the "inferior, non-club captain players around him has been gettin right on ma tits for a while noo - He has lost his vision, rarely picks a good FORWARD pass and is NOT missed - Bye Bye Baz, Good luck in Moscow wi Wee Dick next season !!!! :21::21:

oh barry barry!

That could be seen as either bravery or stupidity, depending on which way you want to look at it...............

I appreciate everything Ferguson has done for Rangers, and I would never resort to calling him something along the lines of a scumbag/wanker/ned etc, etc in the way that some people do.

Ferguson has a place in the hall of fame, the record number of apperances in Europe for a Ranger, was the captain when we played in our first European cup final in 30 odd years and captained us to a memorable treble before he headed south.

All this while taking home wages which are going to leave him financially secure for the rest of his life.

He has achieved things that most Rangers fans would only dream of, so again I'll make the point. Rangers Football Club don't owe Barry Ferguson anything.

He should do the decent thing and walk away before the memories he could leave behind are blackened anymore.

We owe him about another two and a half years wages for a start....

We also owe him a chance to make up for his mistake for the very reasons you have listed above......Right now i think he would be a better option with Edu instead of mendes.

oh barry barry!

For which he goot very well paid for. The club doesn't owe him anything.

That doesn't mean "fuck him", just that we don't owe him another chance, if he's not performing or is a bad influence.

Edit - I should just add that I would like to see him back in the squad.

It depends what you mean by owe him something as he has a contract to play football for us, i think he should be allowed to.

I think he deserves a chance to make up for his mistakes and i think he would do a job with a point to prove

oh barry barry!

You could say that as captain, he's delivered the same amount of titles as Fernando Ricksen did as skipper.

Danny devil's advocate bug has caught :anguish:

You could say that but i have no idea why you would......

Did you not see the devil's advocate bit?

It is a fact, but I'm just putting it in there. I don't think it's that important in all honesty, but it's important to look at all angles really.

I know we have won 4 out of 4 - but despite that our midfiled has looked poor and against St Mirren and Motherwell it was a good job we had a 2 goal lead to start with as these teams dominated us. We were better in Mdfield yesterday, but not by much.

Davids id underperforming and Edu lost the ball at least 6 times in the first half and was shirking tackles he could have won. If Barry has a similar game we would slaughter him. Edu does NOT lok to have the steel or ability for his prefered position. Yes he is learning BUT he is 23 - time to stand up. I would have him replaced by Barry - the though of going against the Celtic midfield with the current set up fills me with dread as it is the midfiled battle that so often dictates the winner in the old firm game and I dont think Edu is up for that. (If he does play I hope I am proved wrong ! - but it would be his OF debut (I think) and its not a gamble I would take - you know what you get with Barry.)

I know we have won 4 out of 4 - but despite that our midfiled has looked poor and against St Mirren and Motherwell it was a good job we had a 2 goal lead to start with as these teams dominated us. We were better in Mdfield yesterday, but not by much.

Davids id underperforming and Edu lost the ball at least 6 times in the first half and was shirking tackles he could have won. If Barry has a similar game we would slaughter him. Edu does NOT lok to have the steel or ability for his prefered position. Yes he is learning BUT he is 23 - time to stand up. I would have him replaced by Barry - the though of going against the Celtic midfield with the current set up fills me with dread as it is the midfiled battle that so often dictates the winner in the old firm game and I dont think Edu is up for that. (If he does play I hope I am proved wrong ! - but it would be his OF debut (I think) and its not a gamble I would take - you know what you get with Barry.)

You say 'if' Barry had a game that bad (it wasn't bad) that he'd be slaughtered, but since returning from injury the vast majority of his performances were worse than Edu's yesterday. If making a number of forward passes, throwing in some good tackles, scoring the winning goal and nearly scoring another is a bad game for Edu then surely that speaks in his favour? Also I think the fact he's something of an unknown quantity could help us against celtic. They know Ferguson inside and out, and that's why he's been utterly useless in the last 3 (5 if you count last season) OF games he's played in, and probably has something to do with why we haven't won any of them.