Furman considers Bantams return

Muff

Rangers midfielder Dean Furman says he would consider returning to Bradford for a second spell.

The 20-year-old spent most of this season on loan at Valley Parade and picked up the club's most consistent player award.

The South African told BBC Radio Leeds: "I've enjoyed this year and it's hard to look too far into next season.

"I'll sit down with my family and if it's the right option to come back then I'd love to."

"Obviously we'll see what else comes along and keep our options open for now," he added.

Furman joined Bradford on a season-long loan at the end of August 2008 having made just one substitute's appearance for Rangers in the SPL.

This season the South African has made 33 appearances for the Bantams, scoring four goals.

"It's been brilliant for me this year," he said.

"It was a big step for me to come and play first-team football but I've enjoyed every minute of it and hopefully it's improved me as a player."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8033510.stm

Will be interesting to see if he's given a new deal at Ibrox, or moves on for good?

I'd rather give him a new deal than sign some of the pish we have been rumoured to be interested in!

I would like to see him get a new one year deal, then sent back on loan to a team in a higher standard of league (Championship) and see how he does.

The ball will still be in our court because we've trained him and he's under 21.

I would like to see him get a new one year deal, then sent back on loan to a team in a higher standard of league (Championship) and see how he does.

The ball will still be in our court because we've trained him and he's under 21.

It's difficult to see Furman playing a substantial role if he comes back to Rangers; there's already a log jam at CM with Mendes, Edu, Thomson, potentially Davis.

It's difficult to see Furman playing a substantial role if he comes back to Rangers; there's already a log jam at CM with Mendes, Edu, Thomson, potentially Davis.

Yes, but some could be sold.

Guest therabbitt
I can't see him signing a new deal with us, I expected him to leave on the bosman.

Me too, I just took it as read that he was away.

Not what I expect to hear from the wee man to be honest.

While I know he's chuffed playing first team football, I'd have expected him to say it would have given him some confidence to come back to Rangers and fight for his place!

I think he's a cracking player and would love to see him getting his chance, however, if he's not up for it...maybe best to let him go.

Rangers = Fighting for the title every year, Champs League & cups etc etc.....

Bradford = Chance to get out of Englands lowest Association league! Big choice Dean!!

Not what I expect to hear from the wee man to be honest.

While I know he's chuffed playing first team football, I'd have expected him to say it would have given him some confidence to come back to Rangers and fight for his place!

I think he's a cracking player and would love to see him getting his chance, however, if he's not up for it...maybe best to let him go.

Rangers = Fighting for the title every year, Champs League & cups etc etc.....

Bradford = Chance to get out of Englands lowest Association league! Big choice Dean!!

mate, the boy just wants to play football.

Fine...let him play in league two then. What's wrong with wanting to come back to us & play football?

I'd rather have players who were hungry to try & win things rather than just make an appearance!

Fine...let him play in league two then. What's wrong with wanting to come back to us & play football?

I'd rather have players who were hungry to try & win things rather than just make an appearance!

He knows as well as us that he's not going to get a game here.

He knows as well as us that he's not going to get a game here.

Even still, you'd think he'd have a bit more ambition at his young age!

I fear Furman will leave Rangers permenantly if he doesen't start to see more first team football. It would be a shame as he seems to have a lot of potential.

Yea I agree. Not sure how good he'll be though, bit lightweight.

The same was/is said about Fabregas

Am I right in saying then that if we have offered him a new deal and he signs for bradford we would be owed compensation?

Apparently due to his age we will be entitled to compensation one way or the other.

I would still prefer it if he signed a deal with us but still allowed him to go out on loan for at least the first half of the season.

if we rated Furman we would not have spent £2.5m on Edu

He has no long term future at Rangers

i second that. i don't think the manager rates furman to play for us, think he's hoping that by going out on loan, that would improve him as a player..then see if he's worth a jersey