Neil Alexander

Confident, assured performance from Neil today.

Commanded his box brilliantly and claimed everything he came for in extremely difficult conditions.

His distribution was great and his time management which broke up any momentum Celtic were building was brill.

Top marks for Mr Reliable

Neil is growing in confidence and stature at the club every game he plays and he deserves it. If anyone seen his goal celebration today you will see he truly does play for the jersey

im happy with him as our number 1 and im sure we will see a top goalkeeper in games to come with the more games he plays for us.

until we are seriously under the cosh then alexander wont know himself if he can be as good as he others before him

remember in gorams time he had heehaw to do during games, but was there when actually needed

same for alexander today

and here's the thing

between him and shagger right now i'd have him as teams can only get to us with crosses into the box, due to weir and boughie breaking anything up through the middle, and alexander is FAR better at crosses

I agree with this McGregor is a better shot stopper but he looks very tentative sometimes with the ball coming high into the box. Alexander looked the picture of calm today and took every cross well. Couldn't have asked more from him. Ironic however that it was Davis who amde the most crucial save of the game.

How many times have we all had our heart in our mouths when a cross ball has come in when McGregor is playing? I know i have a good few times. He mite be the better keeper in some ways but Alexander does not give you heart in mouth stuff.

Agreed, miles better at crosses coming in than Mcgregor.