Why so pessimistic?

Gaz52

Obviously everyones gutted after last nights game but it dosent necessarily mean Celtic have won the title again.

I watched them against Dundee Utd and never have i seen a team take so much pressure and come out with 3 points, they arent much better than us. I expect them to draw with Hibs, well thats if Hibs dont lie down (heres hoping)

Walter needs to start the Aberdeen game the way he finished this one, 3 strikers on the pitch, fierce tempo. Go at the Sheep from the first whistle and dont stop until the last.

I know there has been other threads about the pathetic decision but ive never been so angry watching a Rangers game in my life, his position is what makes it even worse, he can clearly see that the ball is over the line but is reluctant to give RANGERS the goal, why is this?

First half performance was the worst all season without a shadow, but i wasnt caring how we played last night as long as we came away with 3 points which we have been denied because of a bald linesman.

Our top performers last few games didnt even show up last night

Boyd - Never been a big fan, doubt i ever will if he continues to lump his drawers in every big game

Davis - Brilliant all season, especially last week, but last night he wasnt there. Getting wasted on the Right of Midfield, and does Daillys job for him

Mendes - Done ok, few pathetic corners, and what was he doing with that outside of the boot cross/shot? does he not realize we're trying to win the league?

Bougherra - Defensively too casual, nearly cost us a goal with Riordan. Going forward he seems to be a modern day Maradona

Edu - Looked a bit over-confident last night, dilly-dallyin on the ball when he should have been showing a bit of urgency

MOTM for me Whittaker, that run was exceptional Novo really should have buried it, also crossed and passed the ball superbly

But as i was saying, dont concede the title yet, i think there will be one final twist, and im certain it will be in our favour

Head up Bears!

Btw im the new guy lol :rolleyes:

Pessimistic because they play Hibs; 1 win since end of February.

Hearts; 1 goal in the last 4 games.

The feeling that our stubborn manager will pick the same team as started last night and the knowledge that against Dundee Utd we will use the same high ball punts for Wilkie & Co to lap up, because that is Walter's tactics against a tall immobile defence.

The feeling that our stubborn manager will pick the same team as started last night and the knowledge that against Dundee Utd we will use the same high ball punts for Wilkie & Co to lap up, because that is Walter's tactics against a tall immobile defence.

If Walter takes nothing from that second half performance last night and decides to go for Boyd and Velicka again, and play negatively again, then me personally will illegally purchase a sniper rife and ram it up his hole and pull the trigger

Maybe it will wake him up or maybe it will kill him, either way we're benefitin

Surely he will realize he needs to approach these 2 games in an attackin sense

If Walter takes nothing from that second half performance last night and decides to go for Boyd and Velicka again, and play negatively again, then me personally will illegally purchase a sniper rife and ram it up his hole and pull the trigger

Maybe it will wake him up or maybe it will kill him, either way we're benefitin

Surely he will realize he needs to approach these 2 games in an attackin sense

Just like he learned from playing one up front in a cup final?

we should be playing every game in the spl like the 2nd half last night.

i.m.o novo should have been on from the start instead os stevie smith who to be fair has done nothin in left midfiled since he has come into the team. he doesnt take on defenders, he just hoggs the touchline has no intention of going forward, i mean dailly does more over lapping than he does.

he should be out the team on sat and we need to go 4-3-3 to get the goals we need.

It's actually more or less 3 goals cause the Dims have scored more goals than us :(

We need to beat Aberdeen by 4 or we can kiss the title goodbye :( :(

Theres also a game left after this weekend, they play Hearts at home which dosent look like its going to be a tough game with the way Hearts are playing lately

We have DUTD away, we will be lucky to even win that game rather than pump them, i think our real hope is taking more than 4 off Aberdeen, easier said than done i know..But say we take 6 off them, 4 goals infront with them going to Easter road and maybe winning by 1 goal reduces it to 3

We manage to beat DUTD at Tannadice even by a goal, and they beat Hearts say 2-0, titles ours..its a long shot, but probably our best hope..i really dont know how its going to pan out but im going to torture myself by making up scenarios <cr>

Obviously everyones gutted after last nights game but it dosent necessarily mean Celtic have won the title again.

I watched them against Dundee Utd and never have i seen a team take so much pressure and come out with 3 points, they arent much better than us. I expect them to draw with Hibs, well thats if Hibs dont lie down (heres hoping)

Walter needs to start the Aberdeen game the way he finished this one, 3 strikers on the pitch, fierce tempo. Go at the Sheep from the first whistle and dont stop until the last.

I know there has been other threads about the pathetic decision but ive never been so angry watching a Rangers game in my life, his position is what makes it even worse, he can clearly see that the ball is over the line but is reluctant to give RANGERS the goal, why is this?

First half performance was the worst all season without a shadow, but i wasnt caring how we played last night as long as we came away with 3 points which we have been denied because of a bald linesman.

Boyd - Never been a big fan, doubt i ever will if he continues to lump his drawers in every big game

Davis - Brilliant all season, especially last week, but last night he wasnt there. Getting wasted on the Right of Midfield, and does Daillys job for him

Mendes - Done ok, few pathetic corners, and what was he doing with that outside of the boot cross/shot? does he not realize we're trying to win the league?

Bougherra - Defensively too casual, nearly cost us a goal with Riordan. Going forward he seems to be a modern day Maradona

Edu - Looked a bit over-confident last night, dilly-dallyin on the ball when he should have been showing a bit of urgency

MOTM for me Whittaker, that run was exceptional Novo really should have buried it, also crossed and passed the ball superbly

But as i was saying, dont concede the title yet, i think there will be one final twist, and im certain it will be in our favour

Head up Bears!

you have just said yourself at the top of your post they are better than us

pessimists are never dissapointed

weve effectively got to turn around 5 goals in two games for GD to come into play and thats assuming that Celtic win both remaining games by 1 goal. I can't see Walter sending a team out thats set up create enough chances to possibly overturn the deficit.

It's actually more or less 3 goals cause the Dims have scored more goals than us :(

We need to beat Aberdeen by 4 or we can kiss the title goodbye :( :(

Theres also a game left after this weekend, they play Hearts at home which dosent look like its going to be a tough game with the way Hearts are playing lately

We have DUTD away, we will be lucky to even win that game rather than pump them, i think our real hope is taking more than 4 off Aberdeen, easier said than done i know..But say we take 6 off them, 4 goals infront with them going to Easter road and maybe winning by 1 goal reduces it to 3

We manage to beat DUTD at Tannadice even by a goal, and they beat Hearts say 2-0, titles ours..its a long shot, but probably our best hope..i really dont know how its going to pan out but im going to torture myself by making up scenarios <cr>

thatt would come under the ridiculous dream category mate... but i enjoy the detail anyway!

Head up Bears!

I saw it last saturday when we played celtic at ibrox... Edu has always been dilly dallying on the ball and often gets caught in games but people forget about that because he wins the ball back at an alarming rate, we need to up the tempo for the last few games and just win, its not in our hands now, it was in our hands and I think thats why there is a cause for concern, we can win both our games well but celtic can win theres better than us and win the league, and then what? "oh we should have scored more goals"?

The fact is we got ourselves into the good position on Saturday of having the league in our own hands and just four days later we've handed the initiative back to them. That is unforgiveable and even if they do drop points at Easter Road i don't see us winning at Tannadice.

Head up Bears!

We were denied because Novo didnt finish his chances. We were lucky to draw in the end because the wee reject Riodan couldnt finish. It wasnt over the line either, the whole ball has to go over.

its been in our hands 3 or 4 times this year and also a few times last year, Walter and his coaches have PROVED on numerous occcasions they are not upto it.

what a mess

they are 2 goals ahead and play at home in their last game. Its a lot easier to go for that winning goal when you have 60000 behind you instead of a few thousand in the away end of tannadice. We can still do it but we will need to stick 5 or 6 past the sheep and hope celtic only beat hibs by one goal. Would be even better if they drew on sunday though!! They were lucky on tuesday so heres hoping.

IMO we give the opposition far too much respect. Walter sets his team up to combat what the opposition has when he should be letting them worry about what we have.

Hibs couldn't live with us last night when we were attacking them and tbh, with the exception of the fhilth and perhaps Hertz, we should be going out every game and battering teams into submission.

Head up Bears!

you have just said yourself at the top of your post they are better than us

pessimists are never dissapointed

Beat me to the punch.