Kenny Miller

donmac

Kenny Miller earns a living from playing football, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't matter who he plays for, he gives everything he has all the time. No-one in the Rangers squad has more commitment than Miller. You need to learn to accept that and cut him some slack.

His goals and effort have been a major part of the championship bid, his goal on Saturday ensured that we are 2 points clear going into the last game

If you support Rangers, then support the team and get behind them instead of making bitter and twisted comments.

Well said, Thistledhub. Some people have said things like 'if Neil Lennon put on a Rangers shirt would you support him?'. Even that is a difficult one to a certain extent as scenarios like that have happened on many occasions where a once hated rival has crossed a divide - obviously MoJo in our case being the most high profile example, but also in countless other contexts - Sol Campbell from Spurs to Arsenal, Eric Cantona from Leeds to Man U, Luis Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid. The list goes on. So as unlikely as it seems, almost anyone can be accepted in certain circumstances. Lennon was a long shot, admittedly!

In any case, comparisons between Neil Lennon (a dyed in the wool, overtly Irish-republican sympathising mouthy trouble-magnet) and Kenny Miller (a professional footballer, pure and simple) are ridiculous. The fuss made about the situation when he signed was embarrasing, IMHO. If people could get that worked up over nothing I'd hate to see how they'd react in a genuine crisis. I always thought he would bring pace and enthusiasm, if nothing else, to the team, and he has given that in abundance as well as some crucial goals and assists.

Kenny has shown his true worth to the team in recent weeks. He is a lot more committed to the cause than many more celebrated players (yes Pedro). Yes, it would be great if he scored more, but we could say the same about Nacho, couldn't we? Even poacher supreme Boydy has looked very fallible lately.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really...if people feel that strongly and criticise people for cheering him, why are they too scared to say anything at the games......

As i saay i bet everyone of them cheered on Saturday, if not why bother even being there

Why would I not cheer a goal scored by Rangers?? <cr>

Maybe you should read the thread instead of jumping in with your size 2's if you don't understand the comment....

Is it not maybe quite clearly aimed at people who say they don't appluad anything he does, are you one of them ? if not why answer ?

Apologises then.

Heres what i wrote on Kenny a few months back.

"There comes a time when you have to hold your hands up and say you got it wrong.

When Smith signed Miller in the summer, I gave up on going to watch Rangers. I said I wouldn't be back until they were both gone as I thought Miller was a bag of shite and I already despised Smith with a passion. I would say the decision was probably 70 percent protest against Smith and 30 percent protest against Miller. (I have been bad once, but there was a genuine reason for it.)

Having no doubt heard our thoughts and chants on him in the run up to the end of last season it has to be said that Millers decision to come to us was the second most craziest move in Old Firm history. It took a very brave boy to put himself and his family in that position of moving back to a "hostile" Old Firm goldfish bowl and overcome the initial booing of his every touch.

It would have been easy to buckle, but for me, Miller's mental strength has helped him overcome the rough ride.

Now, some might see this as an over-reaction a week or so after he has bagged a couple of doubles but it started me thinking about how he has been playing all season. I honestly cannot remember losing or drawing a game and blaming Kenny for it. He has missed a hatful of chances but they all seem to have happened in games where they didn't matter. What I can remember though is the important and decisive goals he has set up or scored in his second spell at Gers.

His doubles at Timmy Park and Easter Road were sublime moments, his double the other night made it more comfortable for us in what was starting to be an uncomfortable match and again yesterday another crucial double to fire us back to the top of the league.

Unlike the very frustrating Mr. Boyd, Miller puts in a shift every time he is on the park and you can see he clearly rattles defenders, which more often than not leaves gaps for his big "lazier" partner to nip into and steal the limelight.

I also like his refreshingly honest attitude. The other week he admitted he hadn't been capturing his early season form but that he was working hard at training and since his introduction at Timmy Park, he appears to be getting somewhat back to his best.

So where does that leave me? Do I relinquish my protest on the basis that I got Kenny wrong or do I continue on the basis that Smith still frustrates the living hell out of me?

I think I will leave it until the 30th May to decide on that..."

Ive already made up my mind. Miller proved me wrong and im embarrassed of my opinion of him 12 months ago (tu)

Really...if people feel that strongly and criticise people for cheering him, why are they too scared to say anything at the games......

As i saay i bet everyone of them cheered on Saturday, if not why bother even being there

Why would I not cheer a goal scored by Rangers?? <cr>

Maybe you should read the thread instead of jumping in with your size 2's if you don't understand the comment....

Is it not maybe quite clearly aimed at people who say they don't appluad anything he does, are you one of them ? if not why answer ?

Apologises then.

;)

Apart from cheering his goals and appluadung when he does well....we don't sing a song when steven davis scores do we hate him as well......

All you guys cheer him at the games we all know it, you fool no one.....

you know this how?

i believe we do sing about steven davis when he scores but dont let the facts get in your way of talking bull

What's the song ?

What about when davie weir scores ?

or kyle lafferty ?

Or steven whittaker ?

What's all there goal scoring points

Have you realised your poitn is daft now ? Better you just move on....

if you dont know the steven davis song are you sure your a fan maybe you should move on

how did the fans not sing millers name after the 4-2 game

answers on a postcard please

List the songs for the four of them.....i'm waiting......

you mentioned the 4 players

i told you theres a song for davis

you being such a great fan dosent know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weir-defender so i wouldnt thinkhis name would be sung very often

lafferty -ive not heard any song for him

whittiker -defender same as weir

but miller scored two against the earls -no song

mendes scored 1 fans sung his name

cousin scored 1 fans sung his name

you dont need it to be a song

a simple

1 kenny miller would suffice but maybe as im getting on in years and im going a bit deaf you are all belting it out and i just cant hear it for the sound of my sweetie wrappers being opened

So the fact there is no song for lafferty doesn't make you think your point is shite.....

Did you cheer on saturday when we scpored both of our goals ?

Not from me (tu) he will never be accepted.

I concur!

This picture says it all for me .....

2v8mhic.jpg

Oh there he is "kissing the badge". :craphead:

I dont give a shit if he didnt kiss the badge! Wearing that filth done it for me!

Fuck Kenny Miller

If you dont support him then you dont support our team as he is part of it (tu)

Deep down you dont really care probably, just blind faith..if the majority of bears can see past the fact he played for Celtic then everyone should imo

Haha that is one of the most stupid responses i have ever heard!

I just stick to what everyone was singing last season, how many people sang "shove ur Kenny Miller up yer arse?"

I sang it and i stand by it!

I am fully behind the whole squad. Miller has been one of our better players this season and i am 100 percent behind him

I'm with you mate - take away his goals/assists this season and we'd be in a worse off position.

Miller has been one of our better players this year, i think we would have seen even more from him had he not had this niggling hamstring problem,

I wasnt best pleased when we signed him, but he has worked very hard for the club and you can clearly see the title means a lot to him.

Apart from cheering his goals and appluadung when he does well....we don't sing a song when steven davis scores do we hate him as well......

All you guys cheer him at the games we all know it, you fool no one.....

you know this how?

i believe we do sing about steven davis when he scores but dont let the facts get in your way of talking bull

What's the song ?

What about when davie weir scores ?

or kyle lafferty ?

Or steven whittaker ?

What's all there goal scoring points

Have you realised your poitn is daft now ? Better you just move on....

if you dont know the steven davis song are you sure your a fan maybe you should move on

how did the fans not sing millers name after the 4-2 game

answers on a postcard please

List the songs for the four of them.....i'm waiting......

you mentioned the 4 players

i told you theres a song for davis

you being such a great fan dosent know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weir-defender so i wouldnt thinkhis name would be sung very often

lafferty -ive not heard any song for him

whittiker -defender same as weir

but miller scored two against the earls -no song

mendes scored 1 fans sung his name

cousin scored 1 fans sung his name

you dont need it to be a song

a simple

1 kenny miller would suffice but maybe as im getting on in years and im going a bit deaf you are all belting it out and i just cant hear it for the sound of my sweetie wrappers being opened

So the fact there is no song for lafferty doesn't make you think your point is shite.....

Did you cheer on saturday when we scpored both of our goals ?

of course i cheered ive not said anywhere i wont cheer when rangers score

youve not answered why the fans never sung his name when he scored doubles at parkhead and easter road

any reason why

maybe im in a different part of the ground from you

Miller has been one of our better players this year, i think we would have seen even more from him had he not had this niggling hamstring problem,

I wasnt best pleased when we signed him, but he has worked very hard for the club and you can clearly see the title means a lot to him.

spot on, nail on head

youve not answered why the fans never sung his name when he scored doubles at parkhead and easter road

any reason why

So you cheer the guy..... :craphead:

Fans don't sing plenty of players names, it means nothign apart form there name doesn't easily scan into a song.....the fans cheer his every goal and applaud everything he does correct, even big bad haters like you, so they certainly show there appreciation.....

I think you may be on a different planet from me never mind part of the ground..... :pipe:

Not from me (tu) he will never be accepted.

I concur!

This picture says it all for me .....

2v8mhic.jpg

Oh there he is "kissing the badge". :craphead:

I dont give a shit if he didnt kiss the badge! Wearing that filth done it for me!

Fuck Kenny Miller

If you dont support him then you dont support our team as he is part of it (tu)

Deep down you dont really care probably, just blind faith..if the majority of bears can see past the fact he played for Celtic then everyone should imo

Haha that is one of the most stupid responses i have ever heard!

I just stick to what everyone was singing last season, how many people sang "shove ur Kenny Miller up yer arse?"

I sang it and i stand by it!

Mate, who cares about Millers past?

Fact is hes our 2nd highest scorer this season and has won us an old-firm + set up a goal that won us an old firm..and won us a very important game on saturday

I dont see a problem wae the guy as long as hes dain a job for us..hawf the daft tits make out he still plays for Celtic and "kisses the badge"

any reason why

So you cheer the guy..... :craphead:

Fans don't sing plenty of players names, it means nothign apart form there name doesn't easily scan into a song.....the fans cheer his every goal and applaud everything he does correct, even big bad haters like you, so they certainly show there appreciation.....

I think you may be on a different planet from me never mind part of the ground..... :pipe:

can i ask and dont be offended by it but how many games to you attend?

and if miller dosent scan into a song then we should get paul mccartney into ibrox to sort it out for all the guys who want to sing his name

I'm not offended..i have had a season ticket for 25 years and have followed rangers all round scotland and europe for the majority of my adult life , what about you ?

i must know you cause i do the same

ive been doing it since the early eighties

just i thought when you had never heard the davis song maybe you couldnt attend matches

i will cheer every goal rangers score including millers but i will never accept that he should be at ibrox

i personally didnt want kenny miller to come back to ibrox. i even boo'd him in the kaunas game at ibrox.

but i did also say that if he scores against the scum then i would change my mind, well in the 4-2 game at the

piggery i did change my mind about him. he hasn't been the most consistant player and he may not be a bear but when

you look throughout the team at the ones that claim to be bears then in my opinion kenny miller has been the best

player of them all.

just look at the performances of steve davis recently there are nothing short of being awful.

and kyle lafferty's disgraceful behaviour on saturday didn't go down very well with the club.

and then there was barry ferguson and allan mcgregor's behaviour on scotland duty which was disgraceful aswell.

now these are all suppose to be bears and they have done nothing but bring the club down.

at least kenny miller is a 100% professional football player and would never dream of bringing down the club like the

others have.

if we win the league then he should be congratulated for his 100% effort throughout the season.

I'm not offended..i have had a season ticket for 25 years and have followed rangers all round scotland and europe for the majority of my adult life , what about you ?

And i will probably know both of you and you both I, by sight if not by name :lol:

i personally didnt want kenny miller to come back to ibrox. i even boo'd him in the kaunas game at ibrox.

but i did also say that if he scores against the scum then i would change my mind, well in the 4-2 game at the

piggery i did change my mind about him. he hasn't been the most consistant player and he may not be a bear but when

you look throughout the team at the ones that claim to be bears then in my opinion kenny miller has been the best

player of them all.

just look at the performances of steve davis recently there are nothing short of being awful.

and kyle lafferty's disgraceful behaviour on saturday didn't go down very well with the club.

and then there was barry ferguson and allan mcgregor's behaviour on scotland duty which was disgraceful aswell.

now these are all suppose to be bears and they have done nothing but bring the club down.

at least kenny miller is a 100% professional football player and would never dream of bringing down the club like the

others have.

if we win the league then he should be congratulated for his 100% effort throughout the season.

Can't agree with that!

And i will probably know both of you and you both I, by sight if not by name :lol:

this will be true (tu):P