Old firm blue on here

Jimenez

logo0405.jpg

The lion, the blue, and 'Prepared' - is that a variation of our 'Ready'?

Great facts all the same! The light blue they use is closer to our teams original blue shirts as well!

logo0405.jpg

Great facts all the same! The light blue they use is closer to our teams original blue shirts as well!

And the star of david is on it.... that's also on our original top, isit not?

I now have a new found interest in Villa. (tu)

me too

brilliant

(tu)

now we just need to get rid of o'neil! lol

yeah, PREPARED as a motto, no latin shite, very similar to READY.

Villa Villa Villa :uk:

:D

logo0405.jpg

And the star of david is on it.... that's also on our original top, isit not?

Actually the star of David is a hexagram, m8 - 6 points, not 5. The star is for their '82 Euro Cup win.

I now have a new found interest in Villa. (tu)

Nah, not while space hopper's still in charge. When he leaves, i'll develop an interest, but I could never support one of his teams.

Kind of ironic, no? ;)

Villa's development owed much to its connections with the large Scottish community who were drawn to the city’s burgeoning engineering industry. One Scot in particular, businessman, William McGregor, played an enormously influential role in the club and the professional game. McGregor was a teetotaller, a Methodist and an evangelist, and he wanted to do something to help that part of the city. He had seen his first football match in Scotland at the age of eight and a couple of years after Aston Villa was formed he offered to help. A natural organiser, he was soon a director of the club, becoming Vice-Chairman and then Chairman. McGregor’s ambition for the game extended beyond regular friendly fixtures and it was at his instigation that the Football League was formed in 1888.

The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers.