***The Confederations Cup Official thread***- Sunday's below 19:30

Boab

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full time :D

Do America still have a chance or are they out because of the head-to-head record ?

They're saying the US is still alive, but they would probably have to win 6-0 or something ridiculous like that

If I may be so bold as to say....

Italy were the worst world cup winners since a rather weak Brazil in 1994 - they won it with a good defence and next to no flair - and THIS Italy are considerably weaker.

They have an out of sorts backline which gets quite easily violated, a misfiring midfield with the continuously hapless Pirlo who lives on reputation and nothing else, and their only real hope is a very sharp looking Rossi up top.

When the commentator praised Iaquinta as the brightest thing for Italy after he'd failed to convert a bloody gilt edge chance, it became clear this Italy is a shadow of the not very good one which won in 2006. Last summer showed signs of it, and their decline is pretty stark.

I don't rate that Chellini at all. Every time I have watched him he has been average at best.

The next Cannavaro my eye.

He not more of a left back tho?

I don't rate that Chellini at all. Every time I have watched him he has been average at best.

The next Cannavaro my eye.

He not more of a left back tho?

He started his career there but is a centre back for Juve.

Aye, thought I'd read that he was doing that under Ranieri.

Don't agree on Chiellini there, everytime I watch him he's set to man mark someone, and normally he marks them out of the game. I doubt i'll ever forget his performance against Spain in the Euros when he made Villa invisible!

If I may be so bold as to say....

Italy were the worst world cup winners since a rather weak Brazil in 1994 - they won it with a good defence and next to no flair - and THIS Italy are considerably weaker.

They have an out of sorts backline which gets quite easily violated, a misfiring midfield with the continuously hapless Pirlo who lives on reputation and nothing else, and their only real hope is a very sharp looking Rossi up top.

When the commentator praised Iaquinta as the brightest thing for Italy after he'd failed to convert a bloody gilt edge chance, it became clear this Italy is a shadow of the not very good one which won in 2006. Last summer showed signs of it, and their decline is pretty stark.

You may be bold sir (tu)

Egypt: El Hadari, Said, Fathi, Said Ahmed, Gomaa, Moawad, Shawky, Homos, Abd Rabou, Aboutreika, Zidan.

thought these boys played outstanding last night including hosny who i cant see in the starting 11 i would happily take any one of these guys at Ibrox they have skill, determination, fight and ability on the ball . downside is we cant even afford any of these guys :anguish: add to the fact that very few egyptians actually play football outwith their own country. its a shame

We could probably get Shawky.Is Said Ahmed the left wing back?

nah, he was one of the CH they played a back 5 with Said as the sweeper, moawad was the left full back (he played well also but im sure he is in his 30's) with fahti on the other flank with gomaa and Said Ahmed in the middle (tu)

did middlesborough not pay lnearly 2m for him couple of seasons back ?

Don't agree on Chiellini there, everytime I watch him he's set to man mark someone, and normally he marks them out of the game. I doubt i'll ever forget his performance against Spain in the Euros when he made Villa invisible!

Big Gio is a fantastic defender. Really underrated

Egypt: El Hadari, Said, Fathi, Said Ahmed, Gomaa, Moawad, Shawky, Homos, Abd Rabou, Aboutreika, Zidan.

thought these boys played outstanding last night including hosny who i cant see in the starting 11 i would happily take any one of these guys at Ibrox they have skill, determination, fight and ability on the ball . downside is we cant even afford any of these guys :anguish: add to the fact that very few egyptians actually play football outwith their own country. its a shame

This was just another case of us arrogant Europeans being surprised when a 'wee' country comes in and can play damn good football.

Just like in Europe there are strong countries, weaker ones, and all can play well and badly in equal measure.

But we just assume those nations outwith Europe that we're less familiar with will be cannon fodder for yer big bad European giants by default.

And once again, it hasn't happened.