Tevez Joins Man City

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to my Man City friend yesterday and he said Robinho can be lost for 70% of a game.

As a fan should you not already know that from watching their games?

Of course I know he gets lost too but always handy, I think, to get a 1st hand view from someone that goes to every home game and a view of the whole pitch.

He's not going to offer Man City anything that Bellamy doesn't already.

You absolutely know that's not true.

I do think thats true.

I just don't get the whole Tevez thing. He's a decent player who is loved because he has a high work ethic.

Tevez is more than just a grafter, he single handedly kept West Ham in the Premiership. Do you think Bellamy could have done that?

I do think thats true.

I just don't get the whole Tevez thing. He's a decent player who is loved because he has a high work ethic.

Do you think Argentina's national side would have merely 'decent' players in it?

You're normally on the pulse but your finger seems to be near your toe on this one m8.

now before someone jumps down my throat, im also going to say that Tevez isnt worth 25.5m and here is why...

Berbatov is being slated for being a waste of 30m simply for the reason that he doesnt run around like a headless chicken.

Berbatov scored more goals and created more goals in his appearances than tevez now before we get this nonesense that they play different positions, they are both strikers one has a good goal scoring and chance creation stats the other not so good. one is slated every game, the other is praised to the rooftops.

now im not saying that Tevez isnt a good player, he is but not as good as some will have you believe. at most i would rate him 10-15m but i do think he will be a good signing for city and he will do better than Bellamy who IS a very similar player the only difference being is you will see Tevez on the pitch more than you'll see him in the treatment room (tu)

• 3 weeks later...

According to SSN; Tevez is 'very' close to sealing a deal with Manchester City <cr>

So you reject a 5 year deal at Old Trafford to go and join their rivals across the city, a team who will never challenge for any major honour, or feature in the Champions League.

The money in football is a joke these days. It's taking away the enjoyment for me, especially when you see complete and utter shite like Burnley, Stoke, Hull, Wolves being able to out spend us by a country mile.

What's the truth about Tevez? I heard his reason for ditching Utd was because they mistreated him and took too long to offer him a deal, and didn't give him enough pitch time last year.

What's the truth about Tevez? I heard his reason for ditching Utd was because they mistreated him and took too long to offer him a deal, and didn't give him enough pitch time last year.

Heard rumours that Sir Alex ripped him to bits after their 4-0 defeat to Liverfool

I do think thats true.

Do you think Argentina's national side would have merely 'decent' players in it?

You're normally on the pulse but your finger seems to be near your toe on this one m8.

Was it five premiership goals last year Danny?

That's an awful return, even given his game-time.

I don't think he's worth £25.5m, but what can you do with today's prices...........

I do think thats true.

Was it five premiership goals last year Danny?

That's an awful return, even given his game-time.

I don't think he's worth £25.5m, but what can you do with today's prices...........

Maybe we should just bid 5M like I suggested after 2006's world cup :)

According to SSN; Tevez is 'very' close to sealing a deal with Manchester City <cr>

So you reject a 5 year deal at Old Trafford to go and join their rivals across the city, a team who will never challenge for any major honour, or feature in the Champions League.

The money in football is a joke these days. It's taking away the enjoyment for me, especially when you see complete and utter shite like Burnley, Stoke, Hull, Wolves being able to out spend us by a country mile.

God knows what wage bill he will pick up every week though.

One thing he'd probably be guaranteed at Man City is a start every week given that he'd be a big name signing for a smaller club and in the end lack of starts was his reason for rejecting Man Utd.

Alex Ferguson paid too much and fought too much for Berbatov to give up on him that easily so Tevez would probably have at least faced this season as a bench warmer again. Not that i want to see him signing for Man City, i think he'll end up wasted there.