Should we keep Kris Boyd ?

He's at the stage now of wanting big wages, Boyd got a taste of what kind of money he can get down south and with 1 year to go in his contract. Boyd and his agent will be wanting us to match it.

I sincerely doubt that's the case mate. I think he'll stay without a pay rise at all, knowing that he's got a brilliant chance of seeing some champions league football. He could actually be a key factor in us making the last 16 as well if we play him with Novo or Miller in a 4-4-2.

He's more a rangers man, than a gold digger! :pipe:

You're missing the point, doesn't matter if you are a Rangers man or no, Boyd has earned that right to put himself in that wage bracket. No way he will settle on the same wage and sign a new contract after what he knows and his achievement last season.

As for him signing a new deal just to play Champions league football, he'll be lucky if Walter selects him for Europe as we have found out many times in the past.

He should and will get a pay rise. I think the point is will he ask for the amount Birmingham were willing to pay him or will he settle for less to play for Rangers. I believe he will settle for less than the Birmingham offer.

See this is where we are nearly on the same page, Yes he should want improve terms will he get it off us.... I don't think we'll budge, more like us to cash in.

Well if we want to keep him we will need to offer improved terms. As you say, a natural progression in football. BUt I still don;t think he will ask anywhere near what Birmingham offered him as he knows we can;t do that. I don;t think he wanted to stay with us just to break 100 goals and get a league winners medal. He would have got a medal anyway, and I think double money would certainly hae helped forget the 100 goals moment. As far as I am aware he knocked it back because he simply didn;t want to leave Rangers.

He's a Goalscorer he would have wanted to break that record, and be part of league winning team, accepting a medal for playing half way through a season isn't the same.

I'm not saying he will ask for £30,000 a week (as what was touted what Birmingham offered), but he will want a improved offer to take him to the £20,000+ bracket and in this financial time and don't think we'll give him that. Even when we've offloaded the deadwood.

I can see us trying to sell, but time will tell.

I think he will ask for more. But I also believe that WS will say he has to prove himself outside the box on a week to week basis to get the kind of money the big earners make. I suppose we will have to wait and see. We may cash in on him. I hope not. He does score a shit load of goals but I think WS will use his out of box lack of work as an attempt to bring his wage demands down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

van nistelroy can be bought for £1.1/2 mill seemingly.

if we got 3 for kris ? yes.

:lol: You are a nut job, you are. Boyd is on about 15k a week. How much do you think it would cost us to get Van Nistelrooy? 1.2 million + over 40k a week. You are loosing the plot.

van nistelroy can be bought for £1.1/2 mill seemingly.

if we got 3 for kris ? yes.

:lol: You are a nut job, you are. Boyd is on about 15k a week. How much do you think it would cost us to get Van Nistelrooy? 1.2 million + over 40k a week. You are loosing the plot.

You just cannot believe some of the pish Eh ? van nistelroy for a mill and a half and some wantin to give a 30 goals a season man away for 3 mill, you couldnae make it up ! They know absolutely fcuk all aboot the game ! :sherlock:

Thanks to a feature of this board I am unable to see that posters posts, but RVN for 1.5m is just taking the piss. Why would we want someone past his best who will feel he doesn't need to try so hard, after all what does he have to prove? As BD says he knows fcuk all about football exemplified by his replacing Smith with Gough 'campaign'