Should we keep Kris Boyd ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im in two minds.

very similar to how i felt about ferguson in the last few years, hes a good player in his own right, but the detremental effect on the whole team fitting them in is a big minus.

im unsure if we can find a better goal scorer, but can we play any worse one dimensional football?

WITHOUT DOUBT :clap:

But an interesting observation...all the Boydy doubters have disappeared!! In fairness his form got better as the season progressed.

Hope your watchin Burley!!

But an interesting observation...all the Boydy doubters have disappeared!! In fairness his form got better as the season progressed.

are you sure his form improved? his goals defo went down, his off the ball play improved tho, but i thought the point of miller was to run around and boyd to conserve his energy for goal scoring. im sure someone will check but im pretty sure his end of season goals ratio was poor by his standards

are you sure his form improved? his goals defo went down, his off the ball play improved tho, but i thought the point of miller was to run around and boyd to conserve his energy for goal scoring. im sure someone will check but im pretty sure his end of season goals ratio was poor by his standards

Fair point, maybe i should have phrased it as his standard of play improved, can't argue the point regarding goals. But i do think he done more for the team and his goal return was still impressive. If he can combine the work-rate and goals return next season then all the better.

i just cant see how we could sell a 30 goal a season player. We still need goals against the smaller teams to get the 3 points and he does get them. I can also see how people see him as being a man down in some of the bigger games but that also has to do with the lack of good crosses he gets during these games.

I would say no

For everyone that says he doesnt do it with the bigger clubs or in big games...well at tannadice he set up Laffertys goal & scored himself and that game was without doubt the biggest game of the season, he may inconsistent with scoring in big games or whatever. But 30+ goals a season is something we need, and if he was to leave everyone will be shouting that theres not enough goals being scored.

For everyone that says he doesnt do it with the bigger clubs or in big games...well at tannadice he set up Laffertys goal & scored himself and that game was without doubt the biggest game of the season, he may inconsistent with scoring in big games or whatever. But 30+ goals a season is something we need, and if he was to leave everyone will be shouting that theres not enough goals being scored.

And he dropped deep to link up, keep the ball in play and gave the ball back to edu who won the free kick that mendes scored after

i think if boyd plays, you have to set up ur team around him and his style of play, need one out and out winger, need a partner up front willing to do the running(miller id imagine), and some flair from the centre of the park(must move davis into cm). then i think that boyd is a must stay.

No sell him while his stock is high. We could bring in Kanu, would do a great job even if he is 32.

He's shite.

So who should we replace him with and who could score 30 a season

It would need to be a really shite player wouldn't it :rolleyes:

:S Kanu would never score 30 a season. We shouldn't replace Boyd with anyone, keep him.

I genuinely believed in January that if we wanted to have any chance of winning the league last season, we had to keep boyd(until the end of the season), but now (for next season) I think its the other way around, we need to try and cash in, if we want to win the league next year

I genuinely believed in January that if we wanted to have any chance of winning the league last season, we had to keep boyd(until the end of the season), but now (for next season) I think its the other way around, we need to try and cash in, if we want to win the league next year

at this moment i agree 100% with this

unless we make moves in the transfer market that will help boyd, losing aaron to me looks like the exact opposite.

wait n see i suppose

at this moment i agree 100% with this

unless we make moves in the transfer market that will help boyd, losing aaron to me looks like the exact opposite.

wait n see i suppose

I know, without Aaron, Boyd would have never scored 30+ goals last season. :rolleyes:

No sell him while his stock is high. We could bring in Kanu, would do a great job even if he is 32.

He's shite.

So who should we replace him with and who could score 30 a season

It would need to be a really shite player wouldn't it :rolleyes:

:S Kanu would never score 30 a season. We shouldn't replace Boyd with anyone, keep him.

You are missing the whole point pal

We cant and will not replace Boyd with anybody unless its a 4th rate player

Why are you even mentioning Kaka anyway keep on dreaming buster