Does ibrox need a bigger capacity?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once we have a team with quality on the park matching the fans expectations and our finances are in a healthy state, then that would be the time to ask this question, either that or when we start to ply our trade outside of this league, ie EPL/Euro League, whichever comes first!!

Parkhead not averaging 45000 in strachans last 2 seasons?

anyway :P I think we have the potential to fill a 100,000 seater stadium if the ticket prices are right and enough of the troops are mobilised and conscripted.

Bigger stadium and much cheaper..thats what they have in Germany. I went to a Hamburg game and it cost me 8 euros. Thats just over a fiver. Brings a better atmosphere too.

its just a ridiculous suggestion as previously said we cant fill it at the moment. Second last game of the season and there were still empty seats. Plus there is season tickets(i believe) that can still be bought and then there is tickets sold back to the club suggesting people only buy a season ticket for the old firm game in alot of cases.

200,000 fans went too Manchester, 30,000 fans turned up at Ibrox to watch the match there, Ibrox holds 51,082 fans, i think it does need expanded.

Unfortunately we dont play in the UEFA cup final every other Saturday.

More capacity would surely bring most of these fans to buy a season ticket though ?

????

There are season tickets unsold with the current capacity.

Majority of them are restricted view i think

Even if only one was unrestricted, why would we need a bigger stadium?

more seats, cheaper gates, cheaper season tickets higher attendances make the money back in a season for building them if you work out 38 games a season 19 at home say an average of 7 extra games at home in domestic cups and an extra 9 from europe, is capacity was 70000 with an avergae season tickect sale of what 35000 and an average punter sale of 30000 per year i dunno season ticket price at the moment dont shoot me just cant afford it(yeah how do you know without knowing jibes coming am a student)

so lets do the maths... say 500 for a seaon ticket at 35000 = 17'500'000

and an average of what 25.00 for a normal ticket thats taking into account concessions and kids so its not top dollare but somewhere inbetween at 30000 then again by 35 for games = 26'250'000

so in one season playin at averages we would make a net income of 43'750'000 which isnt to bad thats not including maintence costs etc but as you can imagine more seats means more cash so its not a worry to do this as its an investment.

if am not making sense sorry but i beleive more seats means more money for gers in the long run for a short term loss

200,000 fans went too Manchester, 30,000 fans turned up at Ibrox to watch the match there, Ibrox holds 51,082 fans, i think it does need expanded.

More capacity would surely bring most of these fans to buy a season ticket though ?

????

more seats, cheaper gates, cheaper season tickets higher attendances make the money back in a season for building them if you work out 38 games a season 19 at home say an average of 7 extra games at home in domestic cups and an extra 9 from europe, is capacity was 70000 with an avergae season tickect sale of what 35000 and an average punter sale of 30000 per year i dunno season ticket price at the moment dont shoot me just cant afford it(yeah how do you know without knowing jibes coming am a student)

and an average of what 25.00 for a normal ticket thats taking into account concessions and kids so its not top dollare but somewhere inbetween at 30000 then again by 35 for games = 26'250'000

so in one season playin at averages we would make a net income of 43'750'000 which isnt to bad thats not including maintence costs etc but as you can imagine more seats means more cash so its not a worry to do this as its an investment.

if am not making sense sorry but i beleive more seats means more money for gers in the long run for a short term loss

It's cool.

????

It's cool.

I should be in charges of finances at the brox

we outgrew ibrox back in 2000, thats when we should have expanded instead we bought hendry, flo, konterman and the rest......... doh

of course it should be bigger, it SHOULD be the biggest arena in the country

anyone who says it should not be bigger are either tims or have no ambiton and pretty much like being 2nd best! :P i mean who WOULDNT want a bigger stadia? :2gunsfiring_v1:

were maybe not in the right hands just now to progress and show ambition, we may have to wait till the Chairman is gone or someone helps him with cash.

;)

Ive always known The Gers to be Number 1 at everything, the very best, god knows what has happened over the last 9 years!!!!! Someone has made a right c*nt of us.

we outgrew ibrox back in 2000, thats when we should have expanded instead we bought hendry, flo, konterman and the rest......... doh

anyone who says it should not be bigger are either tims or have no ambiton and pretty much like being 2nd best! :P i mean who WOULDNT want a bigger stadia? :2gunsfiring_v1:

were maybe not in the right hands just now to progress and show ambition, we may have to wait till the Chairman is gone or someone helps him with cash.

;)

Ive always known The Gers to be Number 1 at everything, the very best, god knows what has happened over the last 9 years!!!!! Someone has made a right c*nt of us.

Eh, but we dont fill the stadium now tho....

;)

:pipe:

;)

That's because we're pish. We still get a good 47/48,000 through most weeks. If we improved then we would easily sell out a 60,000 seater.

We should only expand it when its sold out every week and most games are not sold out.

So not just now.

Where do you come up with this nonsense, I was at each home game last season, and i think the lowest attendance

was 46-47 thousand, most people don't come to ibrox without tickets, if the capacity was increased we would sell more

season tickets

;)

That's because we're pish. We still get a good 47/48,000 through most weeks. If we improved then we would easily sell out a 60,000 seater.

Lets do that first then eh?

anyway :P I think we have the potential to fill a 100,000 seater stadium if the ticket prices are right and enough of the troops are mobilised and conscripted.

Bigger stadium and much cheaper..thats what they have in Germany. I went to a Hamburg game and it cost me 8 euros. Thats just over a fiver. Brings a better atmosphere too.

Agree Scottish footballs way to dear, its not real that you can get into one of the best leagues in the world for a fiver, and here with a very poor league we,re paying 5 times as much to watch dross.

No-wonder teams like Kiliie get less than my local Junior team, if they dropped the prices to about 5/6 quid maybe they,d get much bigger gates.

Should Ibrox be expanded hopefully when theres more money floating about, Murray should,ve filled in the corners years ago instead of those silly screens.

Agree Scottish footballs way to dear, its not real that you can get into one of the best leagues in the world for a fiver, and here with a very poor league we,re paying 5 times as much to watch dross.

No-wonder teams like Kiliie get less than my local Junior team, if they dropped the prices to about 5/6 quid maybe they,d get much bigger gates.

Should Ibrox be expanded hopefully when theres more money floating about, Murray should,ve filled in the corners years ago instead of those silly screens.

£15 i was for Hertha/ Leverkusen.

The Olympic Stadium is ths schizzle as well.

;)

imo, as i have stated already we need investmennt and long term plans none of this lets get the team sorted now, am not sure if noone has noticed but rangers have been on the go for over a hundred and twenty five years, and we will be around for another 125 years a larger stadia means spending money in the short term, and if a rangers fan is truly a fan winning every year isnt necessary as you know your team will be back and its the club you support not the trophys, yeah am taking a dig at every glory hunter on here who'd moan and complain all year round and then drop the club if they got relegated!!!! you know who you are.... anyway bigger stadium means more revenue i ddit he sums before and we can fill it evey week just too expensive more seats is cheaper so more fans will come...

if you build it.... they will come, i knwo bad kevin costner film but to be fair am right

;)

imo, as i have stated already we need investmennt and long term plans none of this lets get the team sorted now, am not sure if noone has noticed but rangers have been on the go for over a hundred and twenty five years, and we will be around for another 125 years a larger stadia means spending money in the short term, and if a rangers fan is truly a fan winning every year isnt necessary as you know your team will be back and its the club you support not the trophys, yeah am taking a dig at every glory hunter on here who'd moan and complain all year round and then drop the club if they got relegated!!!! you know who you are.... anyway bigger stadium means more revenue i ddit he sums before and we can fill it evey week just too expensive more seats is cheaper so more fans will come...

if you build it.... they will come, i knwo bad kevin costner film but to be fair am right

Ok, assuming we wouldn't be left with a 3/4 full stadium for a moment. Where are we gettin the £10-20m to bring you dream to reality.

;)

Ok, assuming we wouldn't be left with a 3/4 full stadium for a moment. Where are we gettin the £10-20m to bring you dream to reality.

you think it costs that much to build extensions onto a stadium now your dreaming, its an investment you pay it up, and make capitol gains on it, why is evreyone opposed to expanding the stadium, its a natural progression, sure you say we cant fill just now, but who wants to pay the money that we're charging???

as i said before more seats means cheaper prices meand more fans every week = money back