Champions League

Edu, Beasley, McGreggor and Aaron could be 4 vital players for CL in my opinion. Definately think we should hang on to beasley for left side for big games. Also i think we need to keep McGreggor! anyone else agree on any of this? lol i'm new so shoot me down if this kind of thing has been posted before. lol :craphead:

Unsuprisingly I think the key players in Europe will be the three boys who play right through the centre: Bougherra, Mendes and Miller.

Welcome to RM BTW (tu) and out of nothing apart from from my own nosiness do you mind me asking which island you are from?

lol thanks mate, oh aye bougherra and mendes will be key too i think. Yeah i'm from north uist in the outer hebrides!

Welcome to RM mate, hope you enjoy it! :cheers:

I think for us, the key to success in Europe will be to show up and play as a team, in which everyone fights for the 10 others, as individually we won't be able to compete with most of the teams we are going to face.

Saying that, I also think the three DBBTB mentioned will be the backbone of that team. ;)

Welcome to RM mate, hope you enjoy it! :cheers:

I think for us, the key to success in Europe will be to show up and play as a team, in which everyone fights for the 10 others, as individually we won't be able to compete with most of the teams we are going to face.

Saying that, I also think the three DBBTB mentioned will be the backbone of that team. ;)

thanks mate, i agree too, miller played well for us in his first spell in europe, especially against monaco where he scored. i think beasley played well 2 years back against lyon, barca, stutgart. i like alexander but really think we need greggs, he has done so well for us in europe last few years, even his 1st season when le guen was there.

I agree with you on this one. I like Alexander as well and think he is a very good keeper, but I really see McGregor as our #1 - on his day he's world class.

definately, but its good to know someone like alexander is waiting to come in if needs be. if greggs gets injures or suspended, lol! Nothing against weir, i think he would do a goo job in cl but think we may need a new cb for champs league, but dunno who we can afford or who is available,

Pretty sure Alexander keeps the #1 jersey until he messes up big time.

Keeper is vital .. so are Magic, Weir and Mendes. We will be defending most of the time...but I'd play Boydy. Just a half chance and he will do the business (usually). So.. since we're sitting back all the time Boyd plays for me -- with Miller. If these guys play out of their skin, we might surprise a few teams. But it's a huge ask.

Can't wait... it's going to be fantastic.

We need pace, especially away from home.

If Charlie Adam/Lee McCulloch play in those 'attacking wide midfield' roles, we'd be as well listening to Broadfoot and not turning up :anguish:

Pretty sure Alexander keeps the #1 jersey until he messes up big time.

Keeper is vital .. so are Magic, Weir and Mendes. We will be defending most of the time...but I'd play Boydy. Just a half chance and he will do the business (usually). So.. since we're sitting back all the time Boyd plays for me -- with Miller. If these guys play out of their skin, we might surprise a few teams. But it's a huge ask.

Can't wait... it's going to be fantastic.

probably, but think we should still go with mcgregor. boyd deserves his chance too, he has not been given much of a chance in europe so how do we know he cant do it? lol he did ok for scotland.

If Charlie Adam/Lee McCulloch play in those 'attacking wide midfield' roles, we'd be as well listening to Broadfoot and not turning up :anguish:

lol i agree, although i dunno if anyone else agrees but i think adam did ok in cl 2 years back, lol :lol:

Welcome to RM mate :D

ye we need Mcgreggor .. That save against werder bremen to keep us in the eufa cup was amazing :D

Alexander has done a great job though

thanks mate, yeah that was brilliant, also in le guens time i remember a couple of amazing saves, cant remember who against possibly hapoel tel aviv i'm not sure but i remember he played a blinder!lol not disagreeing, alexander helped alot in getting us to uefa cup final so its good to have 2 quality keepers.

lol i agree, although i dunno if anyone else agrees but i think adam did ok in cl 2 years back, lol :lol:

He did, but he's totally fucking lost it mentally since then.

And I agree with your fellow island DBBTB that we need a powerful, experienced target man up front.

And I agree with your fellow island DBBTB that we need a powerful, experienced target man up front.

not sure what he is like after loan spell, he looks in better shape, but still not good enough!lol i dunno who is available that we can afford for striker, someone like marlon harewood would be ideal, if he played like his west ham days. big and strong target man.

not sure what he is like after loan spell, he looks in better shape, but still not good enough!lol i dunno who is available that we can afford for striker, someone like marlon harewood would be ideal, if he played like his west ham days. big and strong target man.

I just don't think he has the mentality to consistently perform for a club like Rangers over a long period of time.

He needs to be the 'big fish in a little pond', ie St Mirren and Blackpool, for him to do so.

I just don't think he has the mentality to consistently perform for a club like Rangers over a long period of time.

He needs to be the 'big fish in a little pond', ie St Mirren and Blackpool, for him to do so.

i agree, think he would be good signing for someone

suppose, someone of his build though would be ideal, dunno who else, any suggestions?

I've had to carry a young and pissed Charles off the road in Magaluf. I can confirm to you that his build is anything but ideal!

suppose, someone of his build though would be ideal, dunno who else, any suggestions?

I've had to carry a young and pissed Charles off the road in Magaluf. I can confirm to you that his build is anything but ideal!

lol sorry i changed the post, i thought u meant harewood was a big fish in small pond!!haha i meant his build!! not adam! lol

Kris Boyd, Iain? :pipe:

Kris Boyd, Iain? :pipe:

he is defo worth the chance, he has not had his chance in europe so i think so!!