Do you think Mowbray and Fortune are a threat to us?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, it's papered over the cracks.

You now have people who were calling Walter Smith all the names under the sun, for the last two seasons, thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Unless we get the rubbish out, and the quality in, then we'll struggle next season. We have quite a few players who are inconsistant, and injury prone!

i couldn't agree more muff, some fans have selective memory. That doesn't mean im being negative i just know there is alot of room for improvment before our next campaign

Muff i never really understand how you can talk up there chances and talk down ours...a few tweaks they could be brilliant so considering we are the better team a few tweaks and we could be even better than them surely.

We are in the better position this summer not them

Are we really that much better than them if at all?

Muff i never really understand how you can talk up there chances and talk down ours...a few tweaks they could be brilliant so considering we are the better team a few tweaks and we could be even better than them surely.

We are in the better position this summer not them

And that's what I have been saying. Although I don't know where we are going to find the money to get these players in. Unless we move on people, then I don't see any quality signings. I think we are going to struggle big time to get rid of the wasters.

Like I said previously in this thread; I worry more about what we are going to do, than what celtc are doing.

We won the league so obviously we were the best team but there's no huge gap between them and us, i wish there was but i'm not going to kid myself into thinking there is. Both teams were pish last season and in the end we got the league because our team had more bottle late on in the season, but that was pretty much it as far as any gap goes.

a few tweeks here, and there, and they'll be a much better side.

How will they be a much better side with a few tweaks? I don't see how a few tweaks will make them 'much' better. They've lost the wee diving Japseye & they've lost their experienced & hard working pikey midfielder, so I'd say they're team's actually down more than it is up. Unless your idea of 'tweaks' is them spending money on decent players? They'd have to spend some coin to have a better squad then ours though.

Edit - I see my post came in a bit late..

I think even with their new unproven signing they are still playin catchup with the present squad we have. And once we sign a couple of new players they will fall further behind. This is why they are using their friends in the mhedia to talk them up. I think there is fear at the bheggardome and all we are listening to is bluff. ! :sherlock:

I have no real worries over either of them.

For a start, we're told that unFortunate is not an out and out striker. Their strikers are shit, so even more balls coming into the box for agent m'cfatarse to miss. He can score a few himself? so could knackered shitbag, uFo has to score his as well, but does he have the 12 points a season theatrics experience?

We may only have confirmed our superiority on the last day, but look at the season overall. They were gifted at least 7 points from corrupt officials at the beginning of the season, who knew that Setanta would be sympathetic to any 'honest mistakes' made by 'honest officials', because 'these things even themselves out over the course of a season'. Is this like suspensions, do we get ours next season? We don't want them, we want a straight match without mhedia collusion. I doubt very much that replays on tv next season will be quite so selective, if not, we have a seven point start.

Following the Loch Lomond fiasco the team grew up together, I for one am as proud as anything at the way they stood up when needed. Every one of these players showed a depth of character and commitment that Mowbray can only dream about, he's not stupid, he knows this, believe it. He used to play against that spirit, now he's going head to head with the manager who made him a loser as a player. He left his last job a loser, he has a fragile losers mentality, a one trick pony who wins straw hearts and simple minds fur playin freeflowing football n'at. Thats all he's going to win.

After LL, and the omission of Ferguson in the team, I think WS was forced to play his game before being quite ready, and as Ferguson was never part of the masterplan anyway, there was nothing to lose. BF was never in Paul Le Guens plans, he didn't fit into the system that PLG was introducing, that was fit, fast moving players, all capable of hitting a ball, capable of playing either side, and quickly and easily alternating with each other, sort of like a reversable windmill formation !!!! This is not the thread for it, but if Tomas Buffel had converted half the chances that came his way, I believe PLG would still be at Ibrox. WS had the team heading that way after LL, and I hope and believe thats the tactic next season. We have the players to play this system, and the main reason that Boyd has had to change his game, if he's sold, there's your answer. There is no doubt we need another quality first pick centreback, DW is tremendous, but he can't be expected to play nigh on fifty games a season. A decent Bosman attacking fullback to cover, with some funds available to tweak it a little at Christmas with the departure of ANY players who don't fit in.

Mowbray won't be able to cope with any of this, his team won't and uFo isn't going to save him or them.

The futures Bright, even at night.