Replacing Bougherra

Perhaps a bit premature (and it would give me great pleasure to bin it if it doesn't happen) but it really looks like Bougherra could be off the Bordauex :(

Now that will leave us with the task of finding yet another centre half who can come in and match the achievements of Cuellar and Bougherra.

Can lightening really strike for a third time, I'm not so sure.

But throw your suggestions in here and let the speculation/desperation begin.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be replaced, Smith will just play a donkey who's already here like Webster or Broadfoot or even give Christian Dailly a new deal.

If that's the case, Celtic will walk it.

We're hardly going to go out and spend a decent transfer fee on a replacement are we?

Everybody was saying that this time a year ago, yet Bougherra proved to be a snip at a third of the price we got for Cuellar.

In all seriousness CB is the one area that I think Walter will get it right time and time again.

Dado we were spending money last summer, it's a totally different situation, last summer we spent about 20 million in total i think. This summer i don't see where the transfer fees are going to come from, even to spend 2.5 million like we spent on Bougherra.

Dado we were spending money last summer, it's a totally different situation, last summer we spent about 20 million in total i think. This summer i don't see where the transfer fees are going to come from, even to spend 2.5 million like we spent on Bougherra.

was thinking this too, but lets hope walter gets the transfer fee to spend on a new CB, if thats the case i think its pretty stupid instead of just keeping bougherra, rather than selling him then giving walter the transfer money to maybe bring in another quality CB

Lets see what happens in the coming days m8

I just can't imagine us seeing a centre back at Ibrox for quite some time that has the pace and composure on the ball of Bougherra. Something we, and all other Scottish sides, have sadly lacked in recent years.

I don't doubt Walter will bring in a decent centre back to replace him, but I doubt they'll have that pace which can be crucial at Champions League level.

We're hardly going to go out and spend a decent transfer fee on a replacement are we?

Everybody was saying that this time a year ago, yet Bougherra proved to be a snip at a third of the price we got for Cuellar.

In all seriousness CB is the one area that I think Walter will get it right time and time again.

We need to build a partnership in there

Chopping and changing the spine of the team every year will not work

Since when is he going anywhere? We get linked with Trezeguet and everyone is like GTF but when someone is allegedly linked with Boogie we've accepted he's gone.

I haven't seen any sourced info on this and it is a load of bollocks.

Nasief Morris from Panathinaikos, I was impressed by him when we played them. Fuck knows what he would cost and if he is available.

He went to Recreativo on loan the season after he played us.

I also thought he was absolutely terrific.