The other side of the Bougherra story

Here's another side:

What if we sold Bougherra which enabled us to bring in two centre halves (e.g. Tonel and Stranzl) to strengthen an area we may not be able to afford otherwise?

I don't want the big man to leave but there are always different ways to look at things.

Here's another side:

What if we sold Bougherra which enabled us to bring in two centre halves (e.g. Tonel and Stranzl) to strengthen an area we may not be able to afford otherwise?

I don't want the big man to leave but there are always different ways to look at things.

And what if we use not even half of the CL money to bring in Tonel ?

Him and Bougherra, what a defence that would be.

Here's another side:

And what if we use not even half of the CL money to bring in Tonel ?

Him and Bougherra, what a defence that would be.

I agree but I think the scenario is that we use the CL money to address the £30million debt leaving no money for new players.

Selling Bougherra may enable us to buy 2 new players whilst retaining (or arguably improving) the defence.

Like I say, I'd rather we didn't do this (we need continuity in defence) but there are two sides to every coin... ;)

The Herald say we won't sell our best payers and so does Murray in the Sun.

That's more concrete than the one quoted source claiming a deal is being discussed.

So has he not left? Judging by last nights Bears Den I thought he was sitting in a Tabac, watching the 'tour' and puffing on a Gitane.

There is not one concrete source other than a french newspaper. was there not someone on here that kept quoting from said french paper we were buying all and sundry just last season

Understandable where the panic came from though, L'equipe ran the story, it was then picked up by SKY Sports and STV and there was zilch in the way of information coming from Ibrox, we've been in this scenario more often than we'd like and it was that old familiar feeling creeping in.

I still don't totally believe Bougherra will be here next season. Every player has their price, no matter what club we are talking about. I just hope that if he does, we take our time to get the best price possible and not accepting the 1st bid on the table.

Latest news says Brum have agreed a 1.3m fee for Ferguson

Throw in the 600k odds we'll get for Adam and thats just under 2m in

I would like to think that now negates any need to sell Boogie

Here's hoping, better than the fee recieved are the saving on wages, that's close to £40k per week off the wage bill.

We could bring in Tonel at £15k per week and be better off both financially and in a footballing sense IMO.

Adam has pissed Blackpool off by narking Walter to let him stay at Gers I heard and that deal may be off

As long as the club deny it, that's all that should be said.

After the last two years, any rumour of a bid for our star players will spark a frenzy with the fans (especially news-starved fans like ourselves just now), so leaving us in the dark is NOT a good idea.

I seen Murrays comments on the TV deal and transfers yesterday

he said we would be economical and wouldn't look to sell our better players.

I am taking that to mean clean out the surplus, add minimally and promote youngsters

Thats all most of us are really looking for.

If he can now move on McCulloch and Adam along with Fergie, whilst bringing in a Tonel-style player then it will have been a highly succesfull summer imo

This may have been another case of a story being picked up from these very forums. It has happened countless times on here and FF. There was no sign at all on the internet of any stories in the French papers when the OP had posted this.

I seen Murrays comments on the TV deal and transfers yesterday

he said we would be economical and wouldn't look to sell our better players.

I am taking that to mean clean out the surplus, add minimally and promote youngsters

Thats all most of us are really looking for.

If he can now move on McCulloch and Adam along with Fergie, whilst bringing in a Tonel-style player then it will have been a highly succesfull summer imo

Couldn't agree more and it's what most pf us have been hoping/praying for.

Keep the younger/better players in the squad, offload the fringe players and bring in one or two signings with the younsters there as cover.

I'll be ecstatic if this turns out to be the case.

The Herald say we won't sell our best payers and so does Murray in the Sun.

That's more concrete than the one quoted source claiming a deal is being discussed.

How care you come waltzing in here talking sense!

I can't help it, Kev.

I have great fear of being wrong, so it drives me on to make sure I know what's what, checking sources and "facts".

I don't want to lose Bougherra, he's our best player IMO; but if it means selling him, and being able to spend that money on two good CB's, then I'd be happy enough. But only if that was the case - which I don't ever see happening at Rangers!

We should be trying to build a top class squad; the foundations are there. Three quality signings this summer, and we'd be a much, much better side, one that was capable of challenging on both the domestic, and european stage; a CB, LW, and ST on top of being able to hold on to the likes of, Bougherra, Davis, Thomson, Edu, Mendes....and we are pretty damn strong!