Best memory of Barry Ferguson?

ibrox52

What is your best memory of this Rangers great?

For me it was the 2002 Scottish cup final. Never have I seen one player dominate an entire match like he did that day. An absolutely phenomenal performance and and incredible free kick.

Being fairly young Barry has always been my idol. One of the few genuinely world class players(in his day) that I have seen play for Rangers. Thanks for the memories, and trophies.

Just like baxter, the number 6 jersey will always be associated with Barry Ferguson. One of the truly world class Footballers Scotland has produced. And one of the elite few who has had the honor of leading a Rangers team out in a European final.

What are your best memory's the magnificent 6?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His goal in the 5-1 game against them, his goal in the 3-0 game against them as well

But defo the 3-2 cup final, his free kick :love:

EDIT : Or when he wanted tae go ahead wae Lennon in the cis final this year

I refuse to talk about this kind of stuff until he is officially revealed as a Birmingham City player (tu)

your choice, but you surely still have memory's of him regardless of the outcome of the transfer?!

I refuse to talk about this kind of stuff until he is officially revealed as a Birmingham City player (tu)

your choice, but you surely still have memory's of him regardless of the outcome of the transfer?!

Of course (tu)

If he signs tomorrow I will post in this thread my best memories of Barry Ferguson.

It's a slightly unusual choice, but for me it was he day he resigned from Blackburn.

I was absolutely gutted when we sold him, and I remember watching (jealously of course) him in that Blackburn shirt and thinking about how wrong it looked.

However when it became evident that he was going to return I simply couldn't take my eyes off of the TV. I was like an excited child waiting for their parent to arrive home from work. Twicthing in anticipation everytime a breaking news bar flashed up on the bottom of the screen and I'll never forget the pure eletation that came over me when it was confirmed.

Although he never hit the heights he did in his first spell, I'll never forget how happy I was when the deal was confirmed and that will always be my greatest memory of Ferguson.

free kick v septic in the cup final.

thats about it

i thought he was very over rated.

Get out! Pre Blackburn only Patrick Vieria and possibly Roy Keane were superior to him in Britain. At 21/22 he was bitchslapping seasoned superstars like Paul Ince, Stefan Effenberg, Lothar Matthaus and Dino Baggio around with consummate ease.

The Scottish Cup final was his best performance but him and Gio's destruction of Parma run it close. My favourite non Rangers moment would be his goal against Ireland at the hellhole that is Landsdowne Road back in 2000. Himself and Neil McCann were awesome that night.

To be honest my best memory of Barry is having the captains armband on and leading the team out each game that he was captain. To me he is (May now be "was") the modern day Mr Rangers.

free kick v septic in the cup final.

thats about it

i thought he was very over rated.

You thought very,very wrong. <cr> At his best,Barry was second to noone,and would have been a first choice in any team,in any league you care to mention.

His great European displays such as Parma, PSV, Inter, and the finest night of his career when, after a slow first 25 minutes, he dominated Porto at Ibrox in a world class manner which I will never forget.

Fantastic he was that night. The only performance of that class I've seen in our midfield in the last 5 years was Hemdani at the Gerland.