Barca sign Maxwell for £4million

Beginnings of an agreement with fullback Maxwell

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Inter Milan have reached the beginning of an agreement for the transfer of the Brazilian Scherrer Cabelino Maxwell Andrade “Maxwell” for a fee of 4.5 million Euros with an additional 0,5 million in variable payments.

Scherrer Cabelino Maxwell Andrade, better known simply as “Maxwell” is a left back who’s been at Inter for the last three seasons and has been drafted in to cover the position left vacant by Sylvinho’s departure in June.

Versatile

Maxwell is a versatile player who as well as filling the left back spot has also played in various more advanced positions during his career, which has been almost completely played out in Europe.

European experience

Maxwell made his debut in the top flight of Brazilian football with Cruzeiro and soon afterwards, at just 20 years of age, he made the switch to European football, joining Ajax Amsterdam, where he stayed for four years.

Three seasons and three league titles with Inter

Maxwell moved from one European giant to another when he signed for Inter Milan and although he was loaned out to Empoli, he rejoined Inter at the start of the 2006-7 season and went on to win 3 Italian Leagues and 2 Italian Supercups over the next three seasons.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/not...0715105924.html

Bargain! He never really fulfilled his potential at Inter, let's hope he does it at Barcelona. Also refreshing to the reigning European champions not following Real Madrid in spending millions on players, and in effect 'buying success'.

Madrid need to though, or they risk getting - in the words of Alan Pardew - absolutely raped.

Bargain! He never really fulfilled his potential at Inter, let's hope he does it at Barcelona. Also refreshing to the reigning European champions not following Real Madrid in spending millions on players, and in effect 'buying success'.

Spending €60M on Keirrison and David Villa is hardly taking the organic approach.

Good signing by Pep Guardiola.

While Madrid continue to go about flashing silly money, he is carefully adding more pieces to his impressive squad.

I agree but I still think that Real will do better next season.

Spending €60M on Keirrison and David Villa is hardly taking the organic approach.

Not that your biased at all with a name like Butragueno :pipe:

I can tell with your user name that you're not bitter in the slightest. :pipe:

Good signing by Pep Guardiola.

While Madrid continue to go about flashing silly money, he is carefully adding more pieces to his impressive squad.

I agree but I still think that Real will do better next season.

Just because Real are buying all the best players in the world, Barca play as a team even though they have individual players, lets see if Real can do this.