Did Adam ever even contact the English club who offered 500k for him?

nvager

So many rumours doing the rounds about the Adam situation. I'm beginning to wonder if Walter has actually sat him down and spelled out that he doesn't see him as part of his plans for next season. It is almost as though he still believes he could play a part. If that's the case i don't blame him for stalling on a move. Nobody is going to volunteer to uproot, take a wage cut etc unless it is either in their best interest or is their only only option.

Sounds like disgraceful behaviour from Adam.

What's disgraceful about it? Adam was honest about wanting to stay with us & fight for a place in the team after the club accepted the 500k offer. I'll tell you what I think is disgraceful.... Holloway starting getting publicly ratty about it in the press as the Ferguson deal grew in momentum...

The club can't retract their acceptance of the Blackpool offer, but what they CAN DO is whisper in Charlie's ear to hold off on getting back to Holloway just to piss him off as a wee lesson for starting mouthing off to the press last week about his frustration with Adam.

IMO Adam will be staying at Rangers & I'm glad about that. It's only 500k we're talking about & if the wage bill still needs reduced I'd rather see us punting Lee McCulloch which would reduce the wage bill much more significantly then letting Adam go. Adam (imo) is a better player than LM to have on our bench in the coming season, as we may well need to call on him if we play 4-5-1 in any of the CL games, at least while Edu is still out & Thomson just returning again.

What's disgraceful about it? Adam was honest about wanting to stay with us & fight for a place in the team after the club accepted the 500k offer. I'll tell you what I think is disgraceful.... Holloway starting getting publicly ratty about it in the press as the Ferguson deal grew in momentum...

The club can't retract their acceptance of the Blackpool offer, but what they CAN DO is whisper in Charlie's ear to hold off on getting back to Holloway just to piss him off as a wee lesson for starting mouthing off to the press last week about his frustration with Adam.

IMO Adam will be staying at Rangers & I'm glad about that. It's only 500k we're talking about & if the wage bill still needs reduced I'd rather see us punting Lee McCulloch which would reduce the wage bill much more significantly then letting Adam go. Adam (imo) is a better player than LM to have on our bench in the coming season, as we may well need to call on him if we play 4-5-1 in any of the CL games, at least while Edu is still out & Thomson just returning again.

In many ways I agree with your views about Adam footballwise, but I still believe he could respond to the offer by simply stating he needs more time to think about it, or the wages are not high enough, or I need to speak to Walter first, etc. Just common courtesy. His behaviour does no-one any good.

It's disgraceful that he doesn't give other teams respect. He wouldn't treat the Championship clubs if they were Real Madrid wanting him.

It is admirable he wants to stay and have Walter clarify his place, but I don't think he's got a future and he's (like Gow) clinging on to the Ibrox gravytrain by his fingernails.

By sending him out on loan, and then accepting a bid, shows how much he's wanted at Rangers.

If the management have not already told him that he has no future at the club, then they are in the wrong.

It's disgraceful that he doesn't give other teams respect. He wouldn't treat the Championship clubs if they were Real Madrid wanting him.

It is admirable he wants to stay and have Walter clarify his place, but I don't think he's got a future and he's (like Gow) clinging on to the Ibrox gravytrain by his fingernails.

Shows you how big headed he is.

give him a break, we know absolutely fuck all other than the club accepted a bid for him (were accepting bids for ANYONE remember)

holloway is claiming this and that, yet he hasnt retracted his bid yet, not very smart if you still want the player to come to your club is it

and as someone stated above, id rather have adam waiting to play in our squad than the likes of mcculloch

Apparently every time Ian Holloway called him he was in Burger King so couldnt hear his phone as it was very loud. Also Charlie thinks it would be rude to talk to him with a mouth full of Whopper

Think its a bit pointless judging/commenting on the situation when nobody knows any of the details whatsoever. Only time will tell.

The blackpool manager , ian hollaway?, said he had never seen anything like it in football where a fee gets agreed and the player doesn't even bother to contact the buying club. He was very pissed off

It is disgraceful.

The team obviously think highly of him enough to put in a 500k bid yet hear nothing ? How would you feel as a fan if you knew Rangers had got a bid accepted for a player but the player couldn't be bothered contacting them to even discuss terms ? The club deserve the courtesy of at least knowing! Not only is it poor behaviour for a professional it reflects badly on Adam but also Rangers to a certain extent.

The quicker he finds another club the better.

What facts do we have regarding the acceptance of the 500k bid? Who accepted it exactly? Does anyone here that's bad mouthing Charlie Adam know for sure that Walter Smith accepted the bid? Is there a chance that Martin Bain accepted the bid without speaking to Walter Smith about it?

It seems to me that there's several different possible scenarios that could lead to this sort of delay & as I said in a post earlier in the thread, Adam was publicly saying after the bid was accepted that he wanted to fight for his place in the Rangers squad & this fact was publicly accepted by Blackpool. Holloway then starts getting impatient about it, because he knows he was getting a bargain in Adam for 500k. If he could easily find another player of Adam's age, ability & experience for 500k, he'd already have retracted the offer & bought in the alternative, but instead of doing that he's allowed it to drag out & FWIW we don't have any solid facts regarding Blackpool trying to contact Adam's agent or Rangers on the matter of concluding the deal. As per usual, we're going on the rumour mill & escalating the problem ourselves by making out that it's all Adam's fault & that he's a disgrace, when in actual fact, none of us know for sure that that is the case AFAIK.

What facts do we have regarding the acceptance of the 500k bid? Who accepted it exactly? Does anyone here that's bad mouthing Charlie Adam know for sure that Walter Smith accepted the bid? Is there a chance that Martin Bain accepted the bid without speaking to Walter Smith about it?

It seems to me that there's several different possible scenarios that could lead to this sort of delay & as I said in a post earlier in the thread, Adam was publicly saying after the bid was accepted that he wanted to fight for his place in the Rangers squad & this fact was publicly accepted by Blackpool. Holloway then starts getting impatient about it, because he knows he was getting a bargain in Adam for 500k. If he could easily find another player of Adam's age, ability & experience for 500k, he'd already have retracted the offer & bought in the alternative, but instead of doing that he's allowed it to drag out & FWIW we don't have any solid facts regarding Blackpool trying to contact Adam's agent or Rangers on the matter of concluding the deal. As per usual, we're going on the rumour mill & escalating the problem ourselves by making out that it's all Adam's fault & that he's a disgrace, when in actual fact, none of us know for sure that that is the case AFAIK.

My god.....

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

i'd take a ten pence mix for him , he'd probably eat it first though

My god.....

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I stand by that opinion Calum, just like I stand by my opinion that Brum just got a bargain buying Fergie for a little over £1m. We're undervaluing our players & willing to sell them off cheap because of our financial situation & desire to trim the wage bill. The problem is, that because our club have made these things publicly known, they've essentially kicked the arse out of the value of any players we were willing to sell. The result is that the 'right price' is now much lower than it should be. Fergie should have been a £2m+ transfer & Adam should have been more like a £750k-£1m transfer IMO.